Duchess of Cornwall will turned 70 years old on July 17

Started by sara8150, April 12, 2017, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

sandy

Charles does not look comfortable holding Camilla's granddaughter. I think Penny Junor is supposed to have a biography of Camilla in the works.

Jennifer

I don't notice anything unsual about the picture of Prince Charles holding his wife's granddaughter. It looks normal to me.

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall's milestone birthday plans

On 17 July, the Duchess of Cornwall will be celebrating her 70th birthday. However, despite such a milestone, she will be playing things low key.

One reason for the down to earth festivities may be because her summer birthday falls just a month before the 20th anniversary of Diana, Princess of Wales death on 31 August. Having a lavish celebration would be seen by many as disrespectful, and although Camilla has been a member of the Royal Family for 12 years now, she still needs to tread lightly protecting her image with the public.

No large party is in the works, but the Duchess does have a more family affair in mind, telling The Sun: "I think what we will do is have a tea party,

Read more:
The Duchess of Cornwall’s milestone birthday plans – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

sandy

There were reports of Charles not liking small children around which is why Camilla has her grandchildren over at Raymill. I think Charles does look uncomfortable. Camilla hoisting up the grandchild did not steal the show, the grumpy faced little girl who did not like the noise did.

royalanthropologist

Great photo. Eliza Lopez is a true English rose and it is great to see Prince Charles in the grandfather role. Fantastic all round wedding. I even loved the Van Cutsem girl with her seemingly disgusted ear plug. Lol :hehe:

Double post auto-merged: April 13, 2017, 11:39:04 PM

How time flies btw. Camilla is now 70. Happy birthday and many happy returns.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Andrew Parker Bowles is the grandfather. Charles stepped in as the stepgrandfather mode, and became a grandfather for the first time in 2013.

TLLK

QuoteI don't notice anything unsual about the picture of Prince Charles holding his wife's granddaughter. It looks normal to me.

Yes I agree @Jennifer that it is perfectly normal to see Eliza with her step-grandfather.  :)