Harry and Meghan expecting second child.

Started by PrincessOfPeace, February 14, 2021, 09:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I?d say that the couple will, as I?ve said before, choose something vaguely trendy, old with a modern twist like Lily or Olivia, and not care from which side of the Atlantic it comes from. It will simply be a name they like.

I just can?t see any names from Doria?s side of the family being chosen as a first name. And I wouldn?t be at all surprised at ?Elizabeth? being there. Anyway, we haven?t got too long to find out, perhaps a month or so.

Amabel2

Poor Doria, I think it is a shame that when non royals marry into royal families, so often it seems that the names chosen are from the RF... and the other family gets over looked.
Im sure Diana will be used, so if Doria has another name, they could put that in....

TudorQueen

What is an American naming pattern? I have to ask.

Anyways people seem to have become desperate in guessing. They now think her dress for her most recent video was a hint to the name.

Fans Think Meghan Markle?s Dress Hints at Daughter?s Name

I guess flower names are popular and Poppy is top 20. But seems a stretch.

QuotePoor Doria, I think it is a shame that when non royals marry into royal families, so often it seems that the names chosen are from the RF... and the other family gets over looked.
Im sure Diana will be used, so if Doria has another name, they could put that in....

We do see nods to the non-royal families. At least in middle names.

Some families luck out in they have names in common with the RF. Princess Charlotte's name is prime example. She shares Charlotte with Pippa and Elizabeth with her mother, grandmother and great-great grandmother).

Lucas's middle name is a nod to both DOE and Phil Tindall (Mike's dad). August's middle name Hawke is for Jack's ancestor. Harry's middle name Albert is for a great-grandfather on both sides (Albert Spencer and King George).

If Doria or her family names are not chosen its likely just they don't like the names.

Amabel2

Americans tend to go in for more bible names than the UK. Also more of a tendency in recent years to give little girls names that used to be considered masculine, like Taylor and Madison. And I think they have somewhat more of a tendency to give abbreviations as names, such as Millie rather than Millicent, or Jennie rather than Jennifer.. Of course, the British are taking on some of these trends too but less so than the Americans

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 14, 2021, 12:40:41 PM
Americans tend to go in for more bible names than the UK. Also more of a tendency in recent years to give little girls names that used to be considered masculine, like Taylor and Madison. And I think they have somewhat more of a tendency to give abbreviations as names, such as Millie rather than Millicent, or Jennie rather than Jennifer.. Of course, the British are taking on some of these trends too but less so than the Americans

Maybe that used to happen, but not in the last decade or so. More and more over the last several years US and British girls names have become the same, as shown in those lists of baby names I linked up-thread for both countries.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TudorQueen on May 13, 2021, 09:15:43 PM
What is an American naming pattern? I have to ask.

The answer to your question is that there isn't a single naming pattern. There are several, sometimes trending by region, since the country is so vast, and often by family traditions based on family origins. That's not a bad thing and is just a reflection of the diverse population and regional differences. BTW I was surprised to see that "betters" favor Phillipa.

Amabel2

Its likely that betters will favour Philippa right now because its so soon after Philips death and the last 2 boys that were born had Philip as part of their names.  but I dont think its at all likely...

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 12, 2021, 07:28:34 PM
Spencer would make an ideal middle name, but neither of them are old Yankees and would be unlikely to use a family name for a middle name.  I think Curryong is right on the money with trendy on both sides of the Atlantic. And I also agree that Diana and Elizabeth will be in there, too, as well as Doria. What about Alexandra or Victoria for a first name?? 

Soencer is a unisex name .
Popular here over the past few decades, unisex names  for girls.
Sydney, Spencer, Whitney, Cassidy, Kasey Casey, Kaci , Kennedy, Taylor, MacKenzie, Maxwell, Sam, Charlie, etc.

Diana as a first name  would be a disservice to the girl to carry such a weighty name of her iconic grandmother. The timing and generations are too close . Dianas greatgranddaughters in 30 years from today, ok.

We will see what Sussex chooses. Guessing is fun.

LouisFerdinand

Instead of Doria, the variant of Dora could be used. Also, Dorinda, which is an elaboration of Dora, could be used.

Amabel2

I doubt it.  Sounds like a name in an 18th century play. 

FanDianaFancy

Their daughter is going to be a beautiful child.
Archie is adorable.
Me n Harry looked alike in many ways as babies.
Their daughter could have his blue eyes, Meggies brunette hair. Megs tinch ,  bit complexion. Megs olive complexion. Her undertone, she tans nicely .

TLLK

I agree @FanDianaFancy that Baby Girl Sussex will likely be beautiful. Looking forward to her arrival.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on May 14, 2021, 02:35:06 PM
Soencer is a unisex name .
Popular here over the past few decades, unisex names  for girls.
Sydney, Spencer, Whitney, Cassidy, Kasey Casey, Kaci , Kennedy, Taylor, MacKenzie, Maxwell, Sam, Charlie, etc.

Diana as a first name  would be a disservice to the girl to carry such a weighty name of her iconic grandmother. The timing and generations are too close . Dianas greatgranddaughters in 30 years from today, ok.

We will see what Sussex chooses. Guessing is fun.
I agree, Fan. On the other hand, it would be so sweet if both her granddaughters had Diana for a middle name.  And maybe someday they will get to know each other, too.

sara8150

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Favorite Girl Names | PEOPLE.com
I don?t know names would be till born kept underwraps names till announcement but Meghan don?t like traditional names from UK but royal fans want traditional names and Meghan throw book of baby traditional names but have already name is Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Will Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Choose a Royal Favorite Baby Name | PEOPLE.com
Harry and Meghan haven?t discussed baby names yet till announcement after baby born to unveil the newborn baby girl names

Meghan Markle's baby girl's name revealed? The monikers she and Prince Harry love | HELLO!
I never heard about baby names non traditional like Archie but must different baby names for girl

wannable

Angela Levin

@angelalevin1

Very private Meghan tells the world her baby is due on Thursday, the date Prince Philip would have been 100. What's different between this baby and her first birth that now makes her so open about the date?

TLLK

I thought that the baby was due to be born in the summer? Technically June 10th is still spring in the Northern Hemisphere. (Privately though from viewing the photos from their announcement,  I believe that Meghan appeared to be due in early June.)

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on June 06, 2021, 01:06:02 PM
I thought that the baby was due to be born in the summer? Technically June 10th is still spring in the Northern Hemisphere. (Privately though from viewing the photos from their announcement,  I believe that Meghan appeared to be due in early June.)

Yes, but a lot of people in Britain and the US don?t go strictly by calendar definition but regard June and July etc (school holiday time in normal circumstances) as ?summer?. When I lived in the UK I certainly didn?t regard June as Spring. June, July and August were summer months and September early autumn. Incidentally, unless Meghan is due to be induced on the 10th and somehow, the info has escaped the hospital concerned, I don?t believe this report. Babies come when they come, bar medical interventions.

This little girl could arrive on the 10th June, she could also arrive on the 9th, 11th, 25th or any other date in June or July. (I tend to believe she will arrive sooner rather than later simply because I have always thought that Meghan showed quite large in March at the time at the interview.) I may very well be wrong however. And so may the US Weekly report.

Plus, there is no need, IMO, for Angela Leven, who absolutely worshipped Harry before Meghan came along, to jump on every stray article in any magazine or tabloid, and use it as an excuse to immediately criticise his wife.

Macrobug67

The thread is now closed and a new thread is open now that the baby is born.