The Sussexes move to the United States!

Started by FanDianaFancy, February 03, 2020, 03:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

FanDianaFancy

No. It was not her smiling.
I was saying they knew and if the public knew, lol, what MegHen were planning to hatch the next day on QE, lol.

Have you ever had a secret, some dirt,you were laughing and smiling in the face of someone , then unleaded...I have.

Plotting.

Nevermind sandy.

Money. Yes the agreement was ironed out a few weeks ago . See the facts. Facts. MegHen are not using their 30 -35million. That is a fact. It is not my opinion.

Next, no. I do not think the worst of Meggie.

wannable

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 06, 2020, 02:41:18 PM
I always think back to Harry saying he needed to meet a woman who was willing to take on the job. Well obviously that wasnt Meghan. And although ive never been a fan of Harry I think thats a shame.

I dont think Meghan had any intention of committing to Britain and royal life. So from that perspective im very happy shes living back in North America.

She ordered 2 USA websites registrations around October 2018.  I think both Harry and Meghan were planning to go independent since before then.

wannable

From father to son, hence the Middleton's heraldic...their Crest will pass on to James Middleton.

Here is Meghan Markle's ''individual'' coat of arms (together with Harry's)
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/26/00/4CA1FDAC00000578-5771667-image-m-34_1527289396666.jpg

wannable

It is the Lord Marshal, British Heraldry history and tradition, he is under the Sovereigns orders.
Edward William Fitzalan-Howard, 18th Duke of Norfolk is the Lord Marshal

''The Earl Marshal to have charge over the College of Arms and no coat of arms may be granted without his warrant''

wannable

It is a fact of the October 2018 USA 2 websites registration in behalf of Meghan.

I think it's good to be a planner, those websites will be in use in the future.  The little things Meghan did during her 18 month Royal tenure were a Success; her involvement in the Cookbook, Vogue September edition as editor and her clothing line for the unemployed women. 

TLLK

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on February 03, 2020, 03:57:49 PM
Are you sad they left?
Are you interested in them?
Are you a fan of theirs?
Do you understand why they left?

I am not sad they left.
I am interested in all the gossip in what they will do next.
I was a fan , that fizzled out.
I am indifferent about them.
I understand why they chose to leave. They said so. They could not be more clearer.

As of now, they are still supported by QE, PC, and the Sovereign Grant.

Ever let a child or teen, even adult close to you get enough space to fall, but not hit the ground?
I think that is what is going on here. QE will review them in a year.
PC , whoever has not given H his money.
Thanks for starting this thread, FanDianaFancy!
Like many others, I'm sad they left. I guess it's a reality in life that most decisions are not all good or bad, and theirs is no exception. He's been unhappy for a long time, and yet he was outstanding as a working royal. You only had to watch his walkabouts or videos of his engagements to see the way he relates to people. For years he didn't acknowledge to himself or anyone else that he was hurting, but thank heavens he finally did. So, in order for him to keep his mental health long term,  I think they made the only decision they could make. The only problem is that it means giving up a lot of the things he did like as being part of the "Firm". I sincerely hope that in their new life the positives will outnumber the negatives for him. I really, really do.
I do think the media has gotten out of hand. In fact, I'll go so far as to say there is real, serious moral decay in that field. Then, there are comments below those media articles that are so evil and scary that I stopped reading them long ago. Without their negativity Meghan may have adapted better to her new life, but I don't think she would have been happy. I don't think she could ever walk to the beat of some else's drum. She is extremely ambitious and independent, and I think she thought she would have a lot of autonomy in her new work, and that just wasn't so. Combined with negative pressure, she just couldn't adapt.
I am very happy he has a loving family, and that may overshadow everything. I hope so., But I am sad that this has naturally caused a separation from the family that loves him. When the royals were all together you could see him relating to them all - laughing, joking, conferring, and enjoying their company. I can only hope that sooner or later there will be opportunities to visit with them on a family basis, especially his father and brother. I will certainly be interested and eager to see how it all turns out. And they have a lovely baby!
I wish the little family nothing but the best.

QueenAlex

If he has his own life, plenty of money and has been able to walk out on his royal life,.. what more can he want

LouisFerdinand

What greatly surprised me was how Prince Harry and Meghan originally announced the news. I had thought they would have had to first speak to Harry's father Prince Charles and Harry's grandmother Queen Elizabeth II. Also I thought something would have had to have been put in writing.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on February 06, 2020, 10:48:37 PM
Prince Harry and Prince William DIDN'T resolve differences | Daily Mail Online
We can be fairly sure this is fake news. The article says the rift was ongoing because William told his brother he and Meghan were moving too fast. That was quite a while ago...when they were engaged and married and expecting a baby they were still on good terms.

wannable

The supposed friends of the Sussex family speaking to People Magazine.  The entire issue with the Harry and Meghan in the cover is suppose to make their readers feel sorry, support and hurray for them, but so far the serialized inside pages have turned out into a backlash and harsh criticism.

sandy

Wannabe, People Magazine is a magazine for light reading. Generally they give pros and cons and don't go in for bashing the Sussexes.

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 06, 2020, 09:51:48 PM
^
Shes not talking to William.. she says something to Kate.  but what is the fuss about?  SHe wanted to get away from the UK, and she has gone. She wanted the freedom ot make money and she's got it.  She wanted to do her own charity wrok.. She's got it... if she wants to...

What Meghan wanted is known only to her. They are a couple now and both are in on it.

That said, Harry and Meghan made it clear that they were not happy with the over the top media coverage they got, even criticizing Archie.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on February 07, 2020, 03:30:16 PM
What Meghan wanted is known only to her. They are a couple now and both are in on it.

That said, Harry and Meghan made it clear that they were not happy with the over the top media coverage they got, even criticizing Archie.

well er what DOES she want?  She joined the RF, she took on a role as Duchess, she and Harry were supposed to take on certain responsibilities.   SHe told us she wanted to "hit the ground running" whch suggests she was keen on the role. then witnin 18 months or less they wanted out, and were tryng to find their way out of the job... THe queen has let them go and they are free to live abroad, to make money ( as they also want to do) and do whatever they like provided they don't use tehir HRH's for commercial things.  So what more can they want?

sandy

You would have to ask her. It was a lot more than work--she excelled at it and was not lazy.  Why don't you ask what They want. They are a couple.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on February 07, 2020, 03:40:49 PM
You would have to ask her. It was a lot more than work--she excelled at it and was not lazy.  Why don't you ask what They want. They are a couple.
well I find them very hard to read.  2 years ago, they were keen on their royal work.. now we find that for some time they have been unhappy and asking about getting out.  If they were that unhappy, why not raise the issue before tehir marriage and tell the queen that they didn't want to commit themselves to a royal role.  then we're told they want to make money and live abroad. Now they have the freedom to do boht, so what could they be unhappy abuot now?

sandy

Because they did not know how bad media coverage would get. I thought it would have had ended once they married. It also got so bad the baby was trashed.

sandy

Meghan was an unknown quantity back when she first dated Harry except perhaps for those who watched Suits. She was criticized for not being Cressida or Pippa who were thought to be "more suitable." This was before Samantha went to the media.  Some did not just accept that Harry was dating her.

Trudie

Meghan did try to support and make a difference her work with the cookbook was widely successful as was her model capsule collection to help women to find jobs giving them confidence. The problem with all that was the media trolls and the DM in particular just put her down without justification and just today I was reading an article regarding Beatrices wedding and again most of the comments were not about Beatrice but Meghan and predicting her creating drama to make it about her. It seems Meghan has been and will continue to a target for those with an agenda who like to see a strong smart woman fail.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on February 09, 2020, 01:50:10 PM
Harry has his whole life ahead of him he is so happy with his wife and son.

Diana had no chance since she died young. She got the bulimia under control and walked away from the marriage.

THe royals are not the be all and end all of life today.

Diana was regrouping she had no chance to follow through. she died at only age 36. I don't think she should be considered a failure or burned out.
So unlikely that Harry will come back to Royal life then.. as he's so happy....

TLLK

Queen Alex-I agree especially since Prince Harry had previously made statements about wanting to live a more quiet life.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 09, 2020, 03:38:03 PM
Queen Alex-I agree especially since Prince Harry had previously made statements about wanting to live a more quiet life.
Perhaps he is feeling tremendous relief, which would then overcome any feelings of loss over being with his family and the segments of royal life that he did like and maybe even treasured. He is talking about it, which is a good thing for him but probably a bit difficult for his family.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on February 09, 2020, 03:38:03 PM

We shall see?   I suppose doing speaking engagements for  a million a time is a quiet life....

sandy

Only time will tell. And the "price" paid to him allegedly in Florida is very much subject to speculation. The Post just cited the 'going rate' for lectures which does not mean that Harry got that amount.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Trudie on February 10, 2020, 01:36:04 AM
Gee you sound irritated by him perhaps earning a million for a speaking engagement. As Sandy said above that is speculation though I am sure he did earn a tidy sum and yes he and Meghan it seems are living a quiet life. It seems Harry is damned if he is a full time royal living off tax dollars or he is damned not being a full time royal and earning his own money to provide for his family so which do you prefer?
I am careful to take all I read in the media about them with a grain of salt, but one thing I read today that I really do hope is true is that they turned down an opportunity to be presenters at the Oscars. I think it is probably fake news, but if it is true and they turned it down I would say that they made an excellent judgment. I hope they will not get caught up too fast in the entertainment world. I was very happy that he said he has no regrets and hope it is absolutely true. I think we all want them to be happy.