The Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess and Family Current Events

Started by Blue Clover, December 06, 2019, 11:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

It's a boy!!!!  :congrats: Charles Jean Phillipe Joseph Marie Guillaume. This birth has been long awaited for the couple. From a quick internet search: Charles is a name associated with the Lannoy ancestry. Jean was the name of Guillaume's paternal grandfather. Phillipe was her father's name. Marie is most likely for the Virgin Mary and is nearly always part of the Grand Ducal family  names. Guillaume is for Guillaume. :happy:

First photo from the couple which his paternal grandparents the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg are viewing on their tablet.

https://www.facebook.com/courgrandducale/photos/pcb.3166618193390080/3166612936723939/?type=3&theater (If you scroll down the link you can see a few photos of Guillaume outside the hospital speaking to the press.)

Guillaume gives a statement in Luxembourgish, French and English.

Naissance du Prince Charles - D?claration du Prince Guillaume - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mai 2020

QuoteCharles Jean Phillippe Joseph Marie Guillaume!!
Born at 5:13 am on May 10, 2020!!!

Twitter

QuoteCour Grand-Ducale
@CourGrandDucale
Le Couple h?ritier a la grande joie d?annoncer la naissance de leur fils ce dimanche 10 mai 2020 ? 5h13 ? la Maternit? Grande-Duchesse Charlotte ? Luxembourg.
Il portera les pr?noms de Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume.
L?enfant p?se 3,190 kg et mesure 50 cm.

Update: The little boy weighed in at 7lbs. and 9 oz.

Luxembourg Times - Luxembourg - Luxembourg royal baby boy born on Sunday

QuoteCrown Prince Guillaume and Princess St?phanie on Sunday announced the birth of their first child, a boy who will be second in line to the Grand Ducal throne of Luxembourg.

Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume was born at 5.13am at the Grand Duchess Charlotte maternity ward, weighing 3.19 kg.

The hospital allows partners to be present during birth and in recovery, with coronavirus safety measures in place.

Later on Sunday, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa met their new grandson for the first time via a video call. Family members are not allowed to visit maternity wards.

The baby is their fifth grandchild. The crown prince's brothers ? F?lix and Louis ? have two children each.

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

A new picture of Hereditary Grand Duchess St?phanie of Luxembourg with her newborn son Prince Charles.

Twitter

Macrobug67

Such a cutie!!!   So happy for this couple.  Have a feeling it?s been a long haul for them.  And she really hasn?t had the greatest last few years with her parents both dying.

TLLK

@Macrobug67 - Yes it has been quite the long haul for Guillaume and Stephanie. Her mother died about a month before their 2012 wedding and her father a few years ago. I was so happy to read their pregnancy announcement in 2019 and now they have their own baby to love.

Nightowl

This is one of the most delightful news I have seen in royals in a long time. I am so happy for both of them and she looks like she just stepped in heaven and found her angel. 

QueenAlex

they had to wait such a long time for this baby, that its wonderful for them.  I'm sure they wanted kids anyway and as royals there is an expectation that they would have them.. so to be waiting so long must have been awfully difficult

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that Charles has Stephanie's father's name of Philippe as one of his middle names. A grand way to honor Grandfather!

Blue Clover

I agree, this is a special event for this couple. They waited a long time and finally they had a lovely son. Stephanie seems very happy with her Little Prince. Great news!

PrincessOfPeace

The Grand Ducal Court of Luxembourg has announced that Prince Charles of Luxembourg will be christened into the Roman Catholic Church this afternoon.

The christening will take place in the afternoon at the Abbey of St. Maurice and St. Maurus of Clervaux in Clervaux, Luxembourg.

The Grand Ducal Court has announced that his godparents are his paternal uncle, Prince Louis of Luxembourg and his maternal aunt, Countess Gaelle de Lannoy.

Prince Charles of Luxembourg to be christened today ? Royal Central

Curryong

Good. Baby Charles is already four months old. AFAIA the Luxembourg royal House doesn't usually wait so long before baptising their offspring. It might be Covid or something internal in the family that's caused a delay.

PrincessOfPeace

Baptism Of Prince Charles Of Luxembourg At L'Abbaye St Maurice De Clervaux

Pics: Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

LouisFerdinand

Prince Charles is a charming baby! I like the color of Stephanie's dress.  :)

Curryong

Charles is a lovely chubby-cheeked baby, and everyone seems very calm and happy. Some members of the family were absent but that's natural in these circumstances.

It seems odd to me, being used to the Prince of Wales, to be referring to a baby Charles, but we'll get used to it!

Macrobug67

Stephanie looks so happy.  It is lovely to see. There was a while where she looked deeply unhappy. My speculation it could have been fertility issues.  But what ever it was, she looks completely besotted with her baby and Gui looks over the moon with both.  And what a cutie  :vday2:

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 19, 2020, 12:50:16 PM
Good. Baby Charles is already four months old. AFAIA the Luxembourg royal House doesn't usually wait so long before baptising their offspring. It might be Covid or something internal in the family that's caused a delay.

On another forum there's been the suggestion that little Charles was actually baptized in the hospital on the same day that he was born and that the ceremony yesterday was more ceremonial. If that is the case, it may have been due to the COVID 19 restrictions that were in place at the time and that the family were unsure when they'd be able to set a date for the sacrament.

Curryong

That would be a sensible decision in a deeply devout family. 

TLLK

I was surprised and a little sad to read that this was the first time that little Charles met his grandparents. However Henri and Maria Teresa like so many other grandparents have had to wait to see their newest family additions during this year.

Stephanie looks splendid in that orange dress and little Princess Amalia seems to be wearing the same shade as her aunt.

Amabel2

Its very possible that the baby was privately baptised soon after birth, and this is a christening ceremony where his name is officially given etc.

Curryong

Charles is a little cutie. Wonder whether he will be their only child? Steph and Gui have been married for many years now and it took a while to have him.

Amabel2

Presumably they have had fertility problems and either they just waited till a baby turned up normally, but it took a long time or they did eventually have soem treatment.. So - its possible that they might have another one naturally, or if they did decide to have fertilty treatment they will do it again