William & Harry will compete at the Jerudong Trophy polo match today

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 15, 2014, 11:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: ohsillyme on June 15, 2014, 08:30:33 PM
I appreciate your honesty.  I don't weight their engagements as more meaningful the more dull they are. IMO, a good measure of success is money raised or exposure for the organization.  I don't care about the "fun" factor. For the record,  I wouldn't call them spoilt.

I agree. Charities need money, a lot of money to carry out their good works. High profile 'fun' events sometimes raise the most money.

You or I can volunteer in a soup kitchen but William and Harry have the ability to draw national attention and big money. We make a difference in our own way.

TLLK

I appreciate your honesty.  I don't weight their engagements as more meaningful the more dull they are. IMO, a good measure of success is money raised or exposure for the organization.  I don't care about the "fun" factor. For the record,  I wouldn't call them spoilt.
Personally I'll give national events (Garter Service, Trooping the Color, Remembrance Sunday, Thanksgiving services) a higher level of significance than a charity polo match, but I'm glad to see that the brothers are raising money for their charities much like Charles and Phillip did in the past.

HereditaryPrincess

Little George is so adorable and he seems to be an active baby. I loved the photo of him, Kate and the horse as well as George stealing William's water the most, although all the photos were heart warming. :vday2: He reminds me of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We often say that my little cousin and George could be identical twins.

QuoteThe world has followed his every move but now his first steps are grabbing all the attention.
Two months shy of his first birthday, Prince George showed the public how he has mastered the skill of standing on his own two feet and walking.
Clutching his mother's hand determinedly, the third in line in to the throne shuffled along, as the Duchess of Cambridge beamed with pride at her son's efforts.

Prince George toddles along with the help of his mother - Telegraph

cinrit

^^ I just posted the same in Prince George's section. :D

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ Oops, my apologies cinrit. I haven't looked at George's section yet. :hug:

cinrit

^^ No problem. :hug:  It'll be seen more this way. :thumbsup:  And I did debate with myself where to post it at all.

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 15, 2014, 08:40:26 PM

I agree. Charities need money, a lot of money to carry out their good works. High profile 'fun' events sometimes raise the most money.

You or I can volunteer in a soup kitchen but William and Harry have the ability to draw national attention and big money. We make a difference in our own way.
And we should acknowledge the work done by hundreds of volunteers from all parts of society.

Limabeany

I will never understand why it is ok for Kate to be so lazy or to invent fictional work behind the scenes that has never been proven or seen, to justify such laziness given she barely worked even before marriage and married at 29 and not 21 so she has been idle virtually her entire life even before becoming a royal and a mother, especially given adult women (who aren't gleefully excised from work because they are royal) are able to work and don't have work as flexible as hers.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Eri

I thought we would have pictures of third wheel with his nephew ... he is cute with every child but the only child who will be the closest to him sharing his DNA with the World what is up with that?

Limabeany

There are pictures of third-wheel-Cressida on the net with a baby, you mean those?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

ohsillyme

Quote from: Limabeany on June 16, 2014, 05:20:17 AM
I will never understand why it is ok for Kate to be so lazy or to invent fictional work behind the scenes that has never been proven or seen, to justify such laziness given she barely worked even before marriage and married at 29 and not 21 so she has been idle virtually her entire life even before becoming a royal and a mother, especially given adult women (who aren't gleefully excised from work because they are royal) are able to work and don't have work as flexible as hers.

I don't agree that she is lazy. But, her parents were millionaires and her husband is to be king. She can do as she wishes. She doesn't answer to you.

robynrose

I think Kate was at the polo for a short time . The purpose of it was to show off George and to showcase the lovely little family . Kate had to be presented in first real pics at home as a lovely mother . No way after I thought about it was Harry going to be in the pics . The only ones I have seen of Will are the water bottle ones . None of him holding George either . If she stayed till the end we most likely would have seen him with George . This was a well planned event , the media was invited . Think they are almost done playing and doubt if George Will be at any more till next yr . Think Kate looked good but the kid is adorable but has anyone seen him smile yet , giggle etc

cinrit

Why is it suspicious that William's wife and child would be where he was on Father's Day?  Naturally, there were pictures of George with his father, not his uncle.

Cindy

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: ohsillyme on June 16, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on June 16, 2014, 05:20:17 AM

I don't agree that she is lazy. But, her parents were millionaires and her husband is to be king. She can do as she wishes. She doesn't answer to you.

I  do not know if  you are in TUK.A subject  of  these people. Governed by them. paying taxes  for them. Oh lets not get into the taxes do not pay  for the BRF.  Only  RPO and  the rest  of  what they  wear, go,do, see, eat,  travel  for fun,  hair appts, shopping, all household staffs, office staffs, , etc. is paidfor by the QEII personal money and the Duchy.
And PW's inheritance pays  for it.

They  would all be broke they  solely  paid  for  except  for  RPO.
To those who live in The UK, it is your bsuiness as much as it can be.
They, BRF and what they  do or do not  do , are not open for  vote.

marine2109

PrincessOfPeace

HRH The Duke of Cambridge was named 'Most Valuable Player of the Match' and was presented with a La Martina Pro Evolution Helmet by the polo brand's co-founder, Gachi Ferrari and her son Ignacio Archain.