The Sussexes and Family General chat

Started by sara8150, May 06, 2020, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Some of Meghans attacks were racist ugly stuff.
Some of her critics were not racist , but because of her antics. Harrys too.
Ok, I will say, I will go for it. Queen did right in a hands off attitude with MH. Whatever they wanted, however, they did.
Never has the Q done that.

uckP should have said, Meghan is new to or family and country. We wish there be no negative press on her as settles in her new life and role. Thank you.

Queen goofed. The say nothing attitude, as they have always used, did not work in the chess game, the war with her, Harry, and the media.
Her situation was unique.

Still MH would have left for America. The UK was never the longterm game plan.
Queen has battled them all successfully, but Honey, Meghan is a new battle she never faced.

After the tearful lip biting, Oscar performance of no one ask how am I , doe eyes on the verge of a tear drop...Queen should hav had a nice 20 minute tea with PCharles and Harry, Meghan. Queen should have bowed and bent down to get her azz kicked and her slapped face  by Harry then instead of later. Least it would have been in private. Queen should have gladly eaten their shyt,  and put out a simple supportive statement on MH . One sentence.
Changes happen. Queen failed to adapt. She never met a foe like Meghan.

Queen won the battle.
Meghan won the war.

Yes , Q and family now looks racist. Harry said he is nothing like them for he is so woke. Lol.Greta scam phone call.

Still, MH have their freedom . Their life. William and Harry are not close. MarkDyer or anyone else should not try to mediate between them. William is a fool for  trying to mend because they are in different countries. Harry will win this .
William needs to go take care of his wife and kids. Harry is not a child and not his child.
Williams time was to say during, midway, ?We are so glad Meghan is in Harrys life and part of our family. She is a wonderful addition to our family and country.?

All Queen and the rest can do is shut up, back off, no communication, and let be.
At least , now as plans succeed or fail, the Q and the rest cannot be blamed for it.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on June 02, 2020, 10:18:21 PM
There is no evidence that it was the Spencers who virulently objected to Meghan's presence at the Diana Service. If they had all disliked her so much then Diana's sisters would not have attended Archie's christening.

Meghan had experience in living in a foreign country. She lived in Canada, for seven years while filming Suits. She loved Toronto, didn't have a bad word to say about the country. Ever. Liked its gun laws, and made some good friends there.

However, in Canada the tabloid press did not go after her like sharks in a feeding frenzy. She wasn't attacked by the Press three times a day for over a year, nor did attacks on her begin as soon as she settled in Toronto.

I too have travelled and experienced different cultures. I lived in Malaysia for a while. I've lived in another country (Australia) than that of my birth for over half my life.

I can honestly say however, that I would not have been able to stand what Meghan went through in Britain from journalists and courtiers, some of it while going through pregnancy and new motherhood, all while my husband's grandmother, father, stepmother, and brother stood aside and ignored the distress, in spite of countless appeals by my husband. No,  not for a trillion pounds.

It was one of the most shameful episodes of turning their backs on a new family member in BRF modern history, IMO, only Diana's treatment surpassed it. I would have been gone from Britain within three months and told the media why, in a statement backed by evidence.

What was so bad about diana's treatmetn that it was "even wrorse than Meghan's?"??
  Diana was loved by the press and public until the last few years,  even then she was never AFAICR subjected to really harsh abuse.  If you mean the RF, they started out liking her and were firneldy to her, and withdrew from her, when she began to talk to the Press, but you'd kind of expect that...

wannable

They both used outside people rather than the firm.  Once you go down that route, you get fired/ousted/lose favor/and the sort. 

It always happens in any firm/company/organization, when someone goes rogue, that person eventually is not retained.

Once Harry and Meghan early into their marriage stepped KP, the red flags went running to all 3 households. 

My first job experience, my boss (he was Vice President, 2nd in command) stepped the advise of the Co., next day he was never to be seen.

Curryong

Quote from: QueenAlex on June 03, 2020, 09:54:24 AM
What was so bad about diana's treatmetn that it was "even wrorse than Meghan's?"??
  Diana was loved by the press and public until the last few years,  even then she was never AFAICR subjected to really harsh abuse.  If you mean the RF, they started out liking her and were firneldy to her, and withdrew from her, when she began to talk to the Press, but you'd kind of expect that...

I'm not talking about the British public or really the Press, though columnists in the tabloids went after her particularly in the last couple of years of her life. I'm talking about the period when the marriage started to go sour, and courtiers and senior members of the RF could see it. What help and/or advice did Diana in particular, (who wasn't born into the BRF) get to get through the mess? What advice about Camilla did Charles (who WAS born within the system) ever get regarding his reuniting with a married woman as his mistress?

Diana went to the Queen about Camilla and the Queen did her usual ostriching and just threw up her hands and said 'Oh Charles! HE's hopeless!'. Very helpful!

What is the point of detaching yourself from your son and daughter in law's problems in such a fashion?  And unlike running off with the dogs at Balmoral when Margaret wanted to talk to the Queen about the Townsend problem, this mattered constitutionally. A marriage breakdown of the direct heir proved in fact to be a terrible blow both in personal terms and to the prestige of the BRF.

It's one thing to not interfere in the marital problems of the family (and even Victoria didn't do that) and quite another to ignore and detatch in such a way that a person becomes not only troubled but isolated within the system. And Prince Philip only started 'marriage counselling' with Diana (but apparently not with Charles) when the marriage was irreparable.

Double post auto-merged: June 04, 2020, 01:41:17 AM

Quote from: wannable on June 03, 2020, 01:47:21 PM
They both used outside people rather than the firm.  Once you go down that route, you get fired/ousted/lose favor/and the sort. 

It always happens in any firm/company/organization, when someone goes rogue, that person eventually is not retained.

Once Harry and Meghan early into their marriage stepped KP, the red flags went running to all 3 households. 

My first job experience, my boss (he was Vice President, 2nd in command) stepped the advise of the Co., next day he was never to be seen.

This equation between US/international business firms and the BRF that you persist with just doesn't hold up. I believe you place far too much emphasis on one sole remark made by King George VI about the BRF being 'the Firm'. I believe he would have been horrified by the idea of his family operating like a business.

Business firms/organisations are solely for profit and financial advantage for the firm (and its shareholders.) Yes, prestige and brand protection comes into it somewhat, but the prime aim is financial gain and profit.

That is very different from the BRF, whose senior figures do generate money for charity but not for themselves. Their main source of income comes from centuries old Duchies and from arrangements made with the govt over centuries (as per Crown land etc.)

The BRF is an extended family stretching over several generations and headed by a grandmother and greatgrandmother. There have been times when the monarch as HOS and the woman who is a mother and a grandmother have clashed and a compromise has been thrashed out. That is very very different from a business organisation (except perhaps for Ma and Pa stores.) What business organisation can you point to where every single executive (senior Royal) is a relative of the head of the firm and in large numbers?

What's more, the BRF don't operate like a business firm. Senior courtiers advise and often supervise Royal decisions on practically everything, even the Queen's, in a way that PA's of executives and heads of firms would not dare to do.

And the different courts often operate like personal fiefdoms and have done for many years. Sometimes they cooperate with each other sometimes not, and leaks go out to the Press. Clarence House and BP have clashed several times, and senior courtiers are bested. Sometimes it's personal. Short of boardroom takeovers that does not happen in private business.

In short there are huge differences between the way businesses operate and how the BRF does things, far more than there are similarities.

Incidentally, Harry was not asked to leave the RF. Things were thrashed out at Sandringham and he chose to leave for himself and his family. That is not like a resignation or sacking in business where there is little or no contact between the principals ever again.

FanDianaFancy

Twitter

. I would expect nothing less.

:goodpost:

Enjoy.

Curryong

Why is it necessary to start another thread about a short speech Meghan made on Zoom to pupils at at her old alma mater's Commencement ceremony? She addressed the current situation in a restrained fashion and then addressed the pupils about the future. She has a perfect right to speak, by invitation, there. She was after all School President when she attended the school.

Anyway, yes I have heard it thanks, and it has been praised even by the Press (and elsewhere) as a good and 'heartfelt' speech. It's on Aussie news sources as well.

By the way, the expression is 'HEAR Ye, HEAR Ye'.

wannable

I think it's a great speech for the people of the future, they are as she said 17, 18. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild.  Honestly it does merit a thread.

TLLK

Thank you for sharing this @FanDianaFancy. No doubt the events that Meghan witnessed as a tween left an indelible mark on her memory. Good to see hear using her excellent public speaking skills as she addressed the graduating Class of 2020 from Immaculate Heart High School. Traditionally the school holds its graduation ceremonies at the Hollywood Bowl and the graduates wear white dresses but with the current restrictions on large gatherings, they're holding a video ceremony. Meghan chose to wear white likely as a nod to the school's tradition.

FanDianaFancy

Than you @Curry, Hear ye,Hear ye.

Thank you. Thst is what I   get trying to post up first new info. Opps. and early morning or late night here when I did so.

Please mods, correct that. Ouch.

Yes though a new topic because it is current. If her school invited her, yes ,or she wanted to go post at her school, fine. . She has every right to do this and say what she likes to whoever , wherever , to Whenever  she likes.
This is s free country.
She is a famous, private citizen.

[gmod]Title corrected at your request @FanDianaFancy [/gmod]

wannable

@FanDianaFancy I actually thought your Here ye Here came related to the famous song/lyrics of Pharrell Williams, T.I.P. which is purposely written as such, the song refers to POC, especially the black from the Commonwealth, and is appropriate for this BLM. Look it up, he sings about black people ''here'' (and now, makes reference about black soldiers too in the military). Edit to Add: If you think it was a mistake, please reconsider NOT changing the title.

I like it, when an ex alumni from their alma matter school and university get invited to any celebration, it's very cool.  i.e. Wiliam and Kate have done this twice with their University.  St. Andrews Kate in red  inaugurating a new field and section, whilst receiving her original grad dissertation and in NYC for a fundraising carried out by the university at the MET.

TLLK

Here is a photo from the IMHS' graduation in 2019.

Immaculate Heart celebrates class of 2019 - Park Labrea News/ Beverly PressPark Labrea News/ Beverly Press

I believe there might be an old still photo of Meghan at her own IMHS graduation ceremony floating around online.

IMO her speech to the class does warrant its own thread as she is an alumna of the institution and considering the current circumstances they obviously impacted what she planned to address in her speech. Meghan was able to share her own memories as a middle school student and since she's currently residing in Beverly Hills/Los Angeles Co. is living with the challenges that the graduates and their families are facing: COVID 19 and the civil unrest related to the death of Mr. Floyd.

wannable

I don't know why her alma mater Immaculate Heart,  High School & Middle School  hasn't published her speech.

Immaculate Heart twitter account
Immaculate Heart (@IHPandas) on Twitter

Immaculate Heart website
Immaculate Heart | A Private Catholic Day School for Girls, Los Angeles CA | Immaculate Heart High School & Middle School

How strange

oak_and_cedar

I don't like Meghan and I don't like Lady CC. I think she goes by info that's given to her for whatever purpose. I can never warm up to her though after what she wrote about Diana.

FanDianaFancy

I think it , whatever it is , is funny. I think everything about Suessex team is just funny.
They are happy with their lives and their choices. We all should be do lucky.

QueenAlex

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on June 14, 2020, 09:28:36 PM
I don't like Meghan and I don't like Lady CC. I think she goes by info that's given to her for whatever purpose. I can never warm up to her though after what she wrote about Diana.
Of course she "goes by information given to her", all writers do.  How else would they find out things?  However she also seems to make up some things that are pretty bizarre and incredible, to say the least.. such as that the queen mother was born to  a surrogate, the Bowes Lyons' cook. So its hard to take her too seriously as a writer.

Double post auto-merged: June 16, 2020, 08:02:38 AM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on June 14, 2020, 11:16:20 PM
I think it , whatever it is , is funny. I think everything about Suessex team is just funny.
They are happy with their lives and their choices. We all should be do lucky.
What is "funny" about them?  Either they are a couple who felt they had to leave the UK because they were so unhappy here, which isn't funny...or they are a couple who chose to drop out of their duty life some time ago and who let the RF down.  That's not funny.
I don't know if they are happy with tehir choices..  They should be at present but then again I think they may be finding that life in Canada and life in LA has its problems and that being free to make their own life choices and work isn't going to work out that well...

TLLK

Reactions from the IHHS Class of 2020 for their three guest speakers. Please click on the article to read the graduates' responses.  :happy:

Three High-Profile Speakers Surprise Immaculate Heart Grads | Los Feliz Ledger

QuoteLOS FELIZ?After the COVID-19 pandemic threw a wrench into Immaculate Heart High School?s more than 60-year tradition of hosting their commencement ceremony at the Hollywood Bowl, school officials quickly arranged for a trio of surprise speakers to honor this year?s graduates?including a United States Congressman and two famous alumni.

QuoteStudents and parents who tuned into that virtual ceremony?which was promptly removed from the internet following its airing?were treated to surprise messages from Congressman Adam Schiff, Tyra Banks, who graduated Immaculate Heart in 1991, and the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, who graduated Immaculate Heart in 1999.

Curryong

Thank you, TLLK. I wondered after I posted whether I had put it in the right thread. Obviously I didn't!  :P

Princess Cassandra

Being bi-racial gives her a very creditable point of view, and it is obvious she spoke from the heart and true experience. Perhaps she was even able to convince some people that racism is more prevalent than they knew. I give her a lot of credit.

Curryong

I can't find the other thread on Lady Colin Campbell. I've searched under every term possible here, including just her name.

Lady C says that she 'knew that Meghan was trouble from the start'. Yeah, that sounds really fair and balanced, lol! What was that she said just recently about her rooting for Meghan to do well when she joined the RF? Contradicting yourself there, Lady Colin.

Nor does the Sunday times reviewer think this will be a balanced or impartial book, describing it as a mixture of bizarre anecdotes, gossip and innuendo.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lady-colin-campbell-i-knew-meghan-was-trouble-from-the-start-pbnkq03kv

wannable

Both books will incline in favor (Finding Freedom, in 7th hardcover and 9th kindle Amazon's Best Seller) and unfavorable (Meghan and Harry by Lady C, 1st kindle surpassed the 1Million and 2nd hardcover Amazon's Best Seller followed by Lady in Waiting 3rd, 4th and 6th paperback, kindle and hardcover, Anne Glennconner)

Curryong

After the Times shot at her book,  Lady C clashes horns with host Philip Schofield on British morning TV.

Lady Colin Campbell brands Phillip Schofield 'ignorant' as he criticises her Meghan and Harry book | Daily Mail Online

Lady C wouldn't know truth if it jumped up and bit her on the nose! These British journalists and TV hosts know her of old. They know what her record is on biographies of royals and others. She's always been known as a purveyor of gossip and innuendo and this new book is the same. I don't know any serious book reviewer who would call her bios credible, so looking forward to reviews in the broadsheets, if there are any!

Double post auto-merged: June 24, 2020, 02:00:06 AM

Quote from: wannable on June 21, 2020, 02:30:18 PM
Both books will incline in favor (Finding Freedom, in 7th hardcover and 9th kindle Amazon's Best Seller) and unfavorable (Meghan and Harry by Lady C, 1st kindle surpassed the 1Million and 2nd hardcover Amazon's Best Seller followed by Lady in Waiting 3rd, 4th and 6th paperback, kindle and hardcover, Anne Glennconner)

So the criteria is, don't bother about any credibility as an author, don't worry about whether the truth is printed or not in a supposed serious biography, don't worry about the reputation of people slammed in Lady C's books, just so long as she is Number One on Amazon and will be tearing the Sussexes to shreds everything is OK is it?

You do know what Lady C's reputation is as a biographer in the UK? That she is best known in Britain for stints on 'Celebrity Come Dancing' and 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!'? About the withdrawals and altering of previous books due to libel threats, that her ex husband, Lord Colin, was so ashamed about the rubbish she wrote about Charles and Diana's marriage that he personally wrote to Prince Charles to apologise?

She calls others vulgar and liars and liars but her own background and her own antics don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny. And she is not close to any members of the Royal Family or true aristocrats. The last she really knew were the Argyll family.

The mother in law Margaret, Duchess of Argyll, whose name Lady C loved to drop, was divorced by her husband during one of the most sordid divorce scandals in my lifetime. A woman who did what she did and had it photographed in a bathroom is someone Lady C enjoyed talking about in her early years as an author! That's the standard Lady C is on, all right!

Double post auto-merged: June 24, 2020, 02:07:29 AM

The woman who Lady C name-dropped so much, her step-mother in law. An admirable woman in every way, as can be seen here!

Duchess of Argyll was pregnant at 15, had 88 lovers during marriage and took infamous porn picture

wannable

He took a risk, lost, she's an expert, calm composed said It's not a hagiography, I'm not a minister of propaganda, it's the truth by interviewing people at sussex events. Gave examples, he had no retaliation or the pizzazz like piers who'd had insisted, if it were his show....

Shofield's risk pushed her to no. 1 and 2, whilst the other books went further back. He gave her the opportunity to gaslight the other books as hag and propaganda. 

Curryong

Schofield called Lady C 'patronising' at the end, when he bade her goodbye. And she was and is. And, like I said, she would not what truth was if it bit her on the nose!

Trudie

Colin Campbell is by no means an aristocrat nor is she in real royal circles. A marriage by sheer luck that lasted a week turned into a title that has been milked for years. The books are all based on nothing but gossip not interviews. The Argylls direct link with the royal family was Princess Louise Daughter of Queen Victoria and the families ties died with her over 80 years ago As Louise had no children.