Duke & Duchess Visit Doctor's Office

Started by Canuck, October 17, 2014, 01:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Are we going to send them a huge congratulatory card containing all our signatures and congratulatory messages? I think that would be very appropriate! It would be good if SC could organise that. :wink:

In All I Do

Quote from: TLLK on October 18, 2014, 12:13:27 AM
Quote from: Macrobug on October 17, 2014, 11:16:09 PM
Not only do I have bunting all over my house and yard, I have a count down calender on my computer, composite baby photos strung around and a stash of fireworks to set off. 

Almost prepared.   Only 28 weeks to go  :happy20: :happy20:
Well I have that and more!!!! I have a complete nursery waiting with oodles of baby clothes. I'm going to be sending the happy couple an enormous corn and bean mosaic for them to treasure.  :P :wink: :lol:

I've got you both beat.
Sure, I've got the bunting, calendar, baby photos, nursery, and oodles of baby clothes (I really need to sort out LittleChild's old baby clothes and take them to Goodwill). But I have also removed the question mark from my keyboard.  :lol:

Macrobug

Well.  If we are going to play the one-up game, I am making a home-made congratulations welcome baby card from scented paper that I made myself of recycled Royal wedding programs.  AND I am including a origami sailboat and pony baby mobile that I made from Hello magazine coverage of the Canadian visit.   :happy15:

(SC, Daisy and Lima are going to think I have finally gone over the deep end  :hug:)
GNU Terry Pratchett

Curryong

No-one could top that Macrobug, and we will all wait breathlessly for the acknowledgement from KP of your humble but heartfelt gifts. I presume you'll be taking them to London yourself?

Macrobug

Of course.  And wearing my Queen hat, my Repli-Kate outfit and wedges.  Waving the flag!   :Jen:  When I get my letter (signed personally by Kate and Wills) from KP I will share it with all.
GNU Terry Pratchett

In All I Do

You may want to consider piecing together various audio recordings of Kate into an appropriate auditory Letter of Credence to announce yourself.

Macrobug

Oooo...good idea.  But I think you should do that and then both of us can travel from Canada together and really represent the Canadian fangirls.   :happy:
GNU Terry Pratchett

Eri

I gotta say this is this is the best Kate has looked in a while ... she is gloving ...

TLLK

Macrobug

Now I have an image of Kate doing a moonwalk into the obstetrician's office.   :P
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

Well everyone. I've now camped out in front of the hospital in an effort to beat the Canadians' baby watch. I'll be staying here through the rest of fall, into winter and spring. Those of you in the UK, I'd love to have you come and visit. BTW as a native of SoCal, I do have to ask. Will I need anything more than a light hooded sweatshirt and flip flops for the next few months?

Macrobug

I am sending you a Canadian care package.  Maple syrup, Canadian Club, Sorels and a Canada Goose parka.  And a MEC sleeping bag.
GNU Terry Pratchett

wannable

Ladies what to do?

I have panned the wait for Pippa tip, and prefer to sign the baby card suggestion of @SophieChloe taking it to Kensington Palace.

My plan B will be @TLLK

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 19, 2014, 05:39:35 PM
Well everyone. I've now camped out in front of the hospital in an effort to beat the Canadians' baby watch. I'll be staying here through the rest of fall, into winter and spring. Those of you in the UK, I'd love to have you come and visit. BTW as a native of SoCal, I do have to ask. Will I need anything more than a light hooded sweatshirt and flip flops for the next few months?

I presume you are painted from top to toe in your national colours, and have a large umbrella! Are you allowed to pop into St Mary's for toilet breaks?

SophieChloe

Oh, I really enjoy chatting to you all  :vday4:  Nice and friendly  :hug:

I'm off to buy a card, some bunting....and a fridge magnet no less  :windsor1:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on October 19, 2014, 08:33:06 PM
Quote from: TLLK on October 19, 2014, 05:39:35 PM

I presume you are painted from top to toe in your national colours, and have a large umbrella! Are you allowed to pop into St Mary's for toilet breaks?
Why would I need an umbrella? Do you believe it will rain in the UK? :eyes: Restroom breaks have been planned at nearby Coffee Bean. Please tell me there is a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf nearby!!!

In All I Do

I fear it may indeed get cold enough between now and the spring that flip flops may be ill advised. Remember that the area in which MB and I live is on roughly the same latitude as northern Spain, and London is still further north. The Gulf Stream really only gets you so far in December and January.

An electric torch might not be out of line either.. in a month or two, sunset will come very early indeed.

Macrobug

Quote from: SophieChloe on October 19, 2014, 08:44:19 PM
Oh, I really enjoy chatting to you all  :vday4:  Nice and friendly  :hug:

I'm off to buy a card, some bunting....and a fridge magnet no less  :windsor1:

Really??  :blink:

WE HAVE DONE IT!!!! :yesss: :happy20:

We have converted SC.   Happy Day!  Happy Day!  (It has only taken me 3 years  :teehee:)  Now to work on Lima.....

working my way up to Orchy.  Not brave enough yet to take on her  :hide:
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

@SophieChloe  will be naming her new pet hamsters Kate and William, I can feel it! :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

In All I Do

I forsee a lot of enforced time on the wheel in their cage....

"You, at least, will work, hampsterKate and hampsterWilliam!"    :wink:

Macrobug

I don't think so.  SC has seen the error of her ways and is now a Kate and Wills fan.  She will be cooing over and pampering the little namesakes.   Lots of fluffy bedding, honey and seed sticks and peanut butter for those lucky little rodents.  Perhaps a hamster bed in the shape of a crown?? :thumbsup:

GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

IMHO we should take up a collection for the hamster Cambridge's bed, bedding and snacks.  :P

Rebound

SophieChloe will also need to install a 24/7 webcam on that royal cage. Hamsterkate and hamsterwill might try to escape and decamp to Berkshire with little hamstergeorge. 

Or, she could hire hamsterpaparazzi to follow them in case they make an appearance at a hamsterpub.

Can you microchip hamsters?

I do love it when a topic devolves into silliness.

Macrobug

Would that make the paps rats?     :cheese:  :teehee:
GNU Terry Pratchett

PaulaB

calling paps rats is a bit of an insult

to the rats!!!!!!!

:P