Diana General Chat #1

Started by cinrit, July 14, 2013, 02:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThis is the moment the ­princess and the PI, two icons of the 1980s, shared an intimate ­waltz.

The night Diana took to the floor with ­Hollywood heart-throb Tom Selleck, who played Magnum PI in the hit TV series, was the same evening Di, then 24, captivated America by dancing with President Ronald Reagan and doing the twist with film star John Travolta.

Those famous photographs became ­public but this shot – and one of her with Clint Eastwood at the dinner in Washington – ­was never ­published.

Princess Diana unseen pictures of her dancing with Tom Selleck and Clint Eastwood - Mirror Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

You're welcome. :flower:  I wonder why they'd never been released before?

Cindy

Limabeany

I was thinking the same thing. Although, I like that they haven't. It gives us a little feeling of discovery. :) :flower: I loved Tom Selleck in Magnum despite the ridiculous shorts  :happy15: She seemed bored with him and more in conversation with Clint.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Limabeany

Before he went soft in Madison County!  :happy15: :happy15: :happy15:

cinrit

Quote from: Mike on July 14, 2013, 10:06:46 PM
Clint also had a tighter grip.    :happy15:   

Looks like she was trying to get away from him.  Maybe he told her to "make his day"! :lol:

Cindy

Limabeany

Limabeany

dianab

SophieChloe

Goodness - now that is my idea of a Princess!  Thanks, dianab  :hug:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

cinrit

I was living in the D.C. area at the time, and I remember seeing this on the news, but I can't make out the faces of the people on the side.  Probably members of Reagan's staff.  I wouldn't remember their names, anyway.

Cindy

Limabeany

It couldn't have been a demonstration... I don't think. But it was repeated over and over again.

cinrit

Oh, sorry, I misread ... chanting?  They're chanting "[something] go home":

QuoteA small group of anti-British IRA supporters protested outside and there were a few slip-ups during the glamorous event.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 9 | 1985: America welcomes Charles and Diana

People protest in the District all the time.  Unless it's a huge demonstration, no one takes much notice unless it holds up traffic.

Cindy

Limabeany

Limabeany

They are just lovely!  :hug: There is no one that can grab one's attention like that anymore. My friends and I were looking through some magazines yesterday and felt nostalgic for those days.

LouisFerdinand

Was it hard for Princess Diana to share the spotlight with her sister-in-law, Sarah, Duchess of York?     
:nocomment: :nocomment: :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah: :annoyed2: :annoyed2: :annoyed2: :gaah: :gaah: