Prince George's Trip to Australia and New Zealand with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 07, 2014, 03:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIt's not easy to steal the spotlight from Kate Middleton and Prince William, but Prince George managed to do just that on his first ever royal tour.

The 9-month-old heir to the throne's visit helped to underscore the ties between the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, and he even managed (remarkably) not to have a single meltdown caught on camera!

Is the future king's happy demeanor a testament to the duke and duchess's parenting skills? Perhaps Georgie's nap schedule stayed right on cue despite the time change, or maybe event photographers didn't mind turning a blind eye if they happened to witness a fussy moment. Maybe, though, Prince George really is as perfect as he seems!

Here, though, are 6 things we learned for sure about young G from his time Down Under!
Prince George: 6 Things We Learned About the Royal Baby During His First Tour Down Under | E! Online

HereditaryPrincess

Gosh, is the tour over already?! Little George is adorable and in his latest photos, I actually think he looks a lot like Kate as a baby.

An article:

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's little prince bids farewell as Royal tour of Australia comes to an end | Mail Online

SophieChloe

Don't shoot me down...I come in peace  :flower:. 

However, I wonder if George was an ugly little blighter, they would have taken him? I doubt it.  Without George. this tour would have been even more boring than it was...IMO.   

OK...Off to the naughty step, once again, for me  :mil3:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

^^ That brings up a question in general that I've always wondered.  I once saw the most unattractive baby in the world.  My boss's wife was holding it.  I goo-goo'ed and ga-ga'ed and said, "Oh, what a wonderful baby!", and the wife stood there proudly, smiling widely and showing off their baby.  My question is, then, do parents know if their baby isn't Gerber Baby perfect?  The answer probably is, no, they probably don't know.  They probably think the baby is beautiful.  And they all are, anyway, no matter...

So I think yes, the Cambridges would have brought little George with them, no matter what he looked like.

Off the naughty step for me, too. :mil3:

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Limabeany

I think they do, but they don't want their baby or loved one's looks criticized (who does?) I have a friend who prayed throughout her pregnancy that her baby would have her nose and her husband's hair and the opposite happened. She let us all know, God's sense of humor was not appreciated.  :happy15: I have a friend whose husband didn't tell anyone the baby was born until a few days later because it looked funny to him, he now looks like the Little Prince. And, a coworker showing pictures of her baby daughter introduced by saying, she looks kind of funny but remember she has been swimming for nine months!  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Princessinwaiting

Are you making this up?  What kind of 'adults' feel so ashamed of a human being they made ? Some people lol .
Babies faces are not formed till a few months and till 2 -3 years they keep changing they aren't born with perfect jawline and noses the nose is actually flat on all babies or really round lol so much for living in the real world . :notamused:

SophieChloe

Quote from: cinrit on April 25, 2014, 05:51:23 PM

So I think yes, the Cambridges would have brought little George with them, no matter what he looked like.

Off the naughty step for me, too. :mil3:

Cindy
I have great fun there, Cindy.   Sweet, chocolates, games galore - glad you can join me..... :bday: :curtsy:  :hug:

cinrit

Did you say............chocolate, and games??  Here I come! :drool:

Cindy

SophieChloe

Yep...I never tell a lie.....it's great fun...all by my self   :( :no: ....but now you are joining I'll have great company  :hug: :hug:.  Just don't eat the choccies  :hug:

As for the games -I've opened up this thread once again :  Do You Know The Answer?? 

Please join in...peeps  :vday4:

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on April 25, 2014, 06:35:47 PM
I think they do, but they don't want their baby or loved one's looks criticized (who does?) I have a friend who prayed throughout her pregnancy that her baby would have her nose and her husband's hair and the opposite happened. She let us all know, God's sense of humor was not appreciated.  :happy15: I have a friend whose husband didn't tell anyone the baby was born until a few days later because it looked funny to him, he now looks like the Little Prince. And, a coworker showing pictures of her baby daughter introduced by saying, she looks kind of funny but remember she has been swimming for nine months!  :happy15:
LOL I kept wishing "His eyesight and my teeth. His eyesight and my teeth." It worked!!! Both have great eyesight and excellent dental health. God love them if it had been the opposite.

cinrit

QuotePrince George Steals the Show as Support for Monarchy Rises

As the royal tour draws to a close, there's no doubt Prince George stole the limelight. But what has the young family's visit revealed about Australia and New Zealand's attitudes to the monarchy?

From the moment he was carried down the aircraft steps by his mother on their arrival in New Zealand on Monday 7 April, Prince George was the star of the show.

He has only appeared twice (other than at airports) and even then the settings have been carefully managed - first at a specially convened playgroup in Government House, Wellington and then, memorably, at a new enclosure at Taronga Zoo in Sydney.

More: BBC News - Royal tour: Prince George steals the show as support for monarchy rises

Cindy

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Princessinwaiting

Quote from: Limabeany on April 21, 2014, 04:53:58 PM
:happy15: :happy15: :happy15:
Quote from: Princessinwaiting on April 20, 2014, 01:46:10 PM
He's still grumpy very grumpy unsociable child  <_<

Lol yup I'm soooooo maternal  :lol: :ahhh: that actually shows how little I am around small kids  :girlblush:

Double post auto-merged: April 26, 2014, 07:26:07 PM

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 26, 2014, 03:54:19 PM
The Many (Adorable) Angles of Prince George of Cambridge

Prince George Looks Absolutely Adorable as He Says Goodbye to Australia | InStyle.com What's Right Now

:vday2: awwww he is considerably well behaved in public compared to other babies his age , to have so many flashing bulbs before you can even say your first words has to be daunting enough  :flower:

SophieChloe

"Farewell, Australia! Prince George said so long to the folks Down Under alongside his parents Kate Middleton and Prince William" 

She can't shake that name, can she  :hmm:.   

TLLK

Quote from: SophieChloe on April 26, 2014, 07:34:17 PM
"Farewell, Australia! Prince George said so long to the folks Down Under alongside his parents Kate Middleton and Prince William" 

She can't shake that name, can she  :hmm:.   
Yes just Catherine of Aragon, Catherine Howard, and Katherine Parr she'll likely be aligned with her maiden name forever. I'm sure that she's hoping for a happier marriage though than those other Kates. There have been a total of 5 queens of England with that name.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteGEORGE'S first official tour at nine months old, the same age as William when he first went to Australasia, was always going to excite fans of the monarchy. Royal Editor CAMILLA TOMINEY in Australia and PHIL DAMPIER in New Zealand found the Cambridges were a hit with everyone
More: Prince George's first royal tour: Sunday Express special | Royal | News | Daily Express

^^^ Souvenir edition of the Sunday Express

Front page:
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/covers/287x361front/2014-04-27.jpg

Curryong

Yeah, although because he kept marrying wives with the same first name (three Katherines, two Anne's) Henry's wives have to be distinguished somehow! King Charles II 's wife, Katherine of Braganza, is hardly remembered.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote(CNN) -- Britain's Prince George is now safely back home and tucked-up behind palace walls after taking his first tentative steps into a lifetime of public duties.

In the end, he only officially appeared twice during the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's tour of New Zealand and Australia. First, at a play date in Wellington, then at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, but we also caught glimpses of him getting on and off planes.

So what did we learn about this little monarch-in-waiting?
More: Royal tour: Bye bye, Baby George ... hello, Toddler George? - CNN.com

Limabeany

The George effect: Royal tot cements his status as style icon after outfits he wore on tour sell out in hours | Mail Online

The DM has been publishing articles on this trip since yesterday but not allowing or publishing any comments...  :hmm:

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2014, 07:06:57 PM

Prince George's first royal tour: Sunday Express special | Royal | News | Daily Express