Books, films, exhibits, and television programs about Diana Part 2

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, May 25, 2017, 03:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on August 14, 2022, 10:19:58 PM
Is it absolutely necessary to get permission from Prince William and Prince Henry in order to write a book about Princess Diana?

I don't think so yet there are endless books about Diana out there, what is left to tell the world?  She will remain a beloved lady in her family forever and also for those fans of her's that loved her.  She was not a perfect human(as none of us are) being as some would like to say or think yet she did a lot of good and sure showed her deep love for the boys.

Curryong

I might take a look at this. It is chock full of 1980?s media reports of Diana from the first time that she emerged as a future bride for Charles. It shows the 19 year old being literally surrounded by reporters and photographers whenever she ventured out. What I?ve seen of it (short clips) appears a fascinating glimpse into another age.

The Princess | Official Website for the HBO Documentary | HBO.com

From Roger Ebert, a review of the film and how the media viewed her.

The Princess movie review & film summary (2022) | Roger Ebert

?I was blown away by the film?s use of mostly archival news footage after its premiere at Sundance earlier this year. Upon a second watch I found it even more compelling the way Perkins, and editors Jinx Godfrey and Daniel Lapira, expertly deploy this footage to tell not a biography of ?The People?s Princess,? but rather of the way the media shaped the perception of her public life. ?

sara8150

Is it absolutely necessary to get permission from Prince William and Prince Henry in order to write a book about Princess Diana?

You?re right about that without permission or consent from Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex its so hurtful for two brothers on loss of their mother the Princess Diana but in two weeks from Wednesday August 31 will be 25th anniversary of Princess Diana but its so very private for William and Harry on their grief loss of their mom the Princess Diana

TLLK

No it is not necessary. There are unauthorized biographies written all the time. The brothers can express their disappointment as they've done so in the past. 

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on August 15, 2022, 03:58:27 PM
No it is not necessary. There are unauthorized biographies written all the time. The brothers can express their disappointment as they've done so in the past. 

Yes

sara8150

Princess Diana HBO Documentary Defends Using Controversial Panorama Clip
Told you!! Without permission and consent from Duke of Cambridge,Duke of Sussex and lastly Spencer family but no authority for making documents of Princess Diana definitely hurtful 

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on August 15, 2022, 03:58:27 PM
there have been no real bios of Diana in a long time. 

sara8150

Prince William news: Wish over Diana interview DEFIED by documentary creators | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Duke of Cambridge looks so upset on HBO for warned not air on HBO without permission or consent from Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex

QuoteCalling for the interview never to be shown again, the future King added: "It is my firm view that this Panorama programme holds no legitimacy and should never be aired again.

the BBC vowed to never broadcast the controversial interview again or license it "in whole or part" to other broadcasters.

The BBC director general Tim Davie said: "Now we know about the shocking way that the interview was obtained, I have decided that the BBC will never show the programme again; nor will we license it in whole or part to other broadcasters.

Accordingly, the broadcaster did not license the clip for use in The Princess, PA said to have understood.

Rather, HBO is believed to have used the extract from the Panorama programme through fair dealing.

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on August 19, 2022, 01:46:42 AM
Princess Diana 'would have understood Prince William's path', biographer claims  | Daily Mail Online

Actually, the biographer said (in relation to his new book about Diana and her sons)

Now biographer James Patterson , who recently penned Diana, William, & Harry, has weighed in on how the late Princess of Wales would feel about the current state of her sons' relationship.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Patterson said: 'I think she would've been very sympathetic, totally sympathetic, for what Harry did, but I think she would've understood Will's path as well. She was that kind of person.'

Princess Cassandra

I have such empathy for this poor soul.  She loved, cared, and related to people and she was a very loving mother. But she was unhappy, and when I read about her relationships, with very few exceptions she would be frustrated with people and break off communication.  Sometimes she would reconcile and sometimes not. I think she just had trouble with relationships, and it's likely she would have had such angst over this rift and would not have handled it well. Who knows what it would have been like between the three of them. 

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 20, 2022, 04:05:14 AM
I have such empathy for this poor soul.  She loved, cared, and related to people and she was a very loving mother. But she was unhappy, and when I read about her relationships, with very few exceptions she would be frustrated with people and break off communication.  Sometimes she would reconcile and sometimes not. I think she just had trouble with relationships, and it's likely she would have had such angst over this rift and would not have handled it well. Who knows what it would have been like between the three of them. 

I?m agreed with you if Diana was here today from heaven and Diana not pleasure with Harry?s behavior and Diana very proud of her firstborn son William on path and mores but William learned from his mom the Princess Diana what right and what wrong

But Diana not happy with her two boys on rifts if Diana would alive today from heaven no seat together or whatever if Diana was here and she want truth!!

If Diana will embarrassed on Harry?s memoir she not pleasure with that don?t you remember her books in 1992 and Diana have no privacy and mores Andrew Morton Royal Biography get upgrade on Diana?s biography include Royals,Cambridges,Meghan Markles now Duchess of Sussex and celebrities

This book from 1992 for 30 years

sara8150

James Patterson he best author in the world and also he best selling book but he carefully write book on late Diana,Princess of Wales but he is highest paid author books very respective

QuoteJames Patterson is the world's highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world's best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the "Alex Cross" crime novel series.

QuoteJames Patterson dominates the list with his name showing up 408 times. This includes books he has co-authored with someone else. His first book was published in 1976 and he didn't hit the best seller list until 1993 with his eighth published novel.

Curryong

Nobody knows what Diana would have made of Harry?s decision to depart the UK and leave the working BRF, or William?s reaction to it. Equally, nobody knows whether she would have got on well with Kate or with Meghan. Anybody who presumes that they know, whether best selling authors or not, is merely expressing their opinion, and that is all it is, an opinion.

Everybody has an opinion on the Sussexes and the Cambridges. However, unless journalists or authors have found some way of going up to heaven and interviewing Diana about her boys and their wives and not told us, lol, to state as a fact that Diana would have said this or thought that about the situation within the British royal family in 2022 is talking nonsense.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on August 21, 2022, 12:32:50 AM
Nobody knows what Diana would have made of Harry?s decision to depart the UK and leave the working BRF, or William?s reaction to it. Equally, nobody knows whether she would have got on well with Kate or with Meghan. Anybody who presumes that they know, whether best selling authors or not, is merely expressing their opinion, and that is all it is, an opinion.

Everybody has an opinion on the Sussexes and the Cambridges. However, unless journalists or authors have found some way of going up to heaven and interviewing Diana about her boys and their wives and not told us, lol, to state as a fact that Diana would have said this or thought that about the situation within the British royal family in 2022 is talking nonsense.

You?re right about that and I?m agreed with that

Curryong

Yes, I think the article about Charles, for better or for worse, has been and will be defined by his relationship with Diana. I?m sure TPTB in the Palace thought, hoped, that as time went on Diana would be forgotten. That hasn?t proved to be so however, as her sons continue on. And, again for better or worse, Camilla isn?t some nice little widow he met a couple of years after Diana?s death. And she is tainted by her past with Charles as well.

Amabel2

Anyone seen the TV programmes on Diana over the weekend, including one on the Paget report