Re: The Diana Award News

Started by sara8150, November 26, 2019, 08:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Prince William Hosts Reception For Princess Diana Award Winners | PEOPLE.com

Charles Spencer of Princess Diana's Charity: 'Her Message Continues' | PEOPLE.com

Kensington Palace Twitter says
QuoteToday The Duke of Cambridge hosted the inspirational #2019LegacyAwards recipients from the @DianaAward for tea at Kensington Palace.
Twitter

TLLK

And here is the photo from KP Instagram

Twitter

QuotePrince William hosted a very special group of young people from around the world at the palace on Tuesday.

The Diana Award, the only charity set up in the late royal?s name, is honoring an exceptional new group of youngsters in the latest Legacy Awards. The inaugural awards took place in 2017, the 20th anniversary of Diana?s death in a car crash in Paris.

After meeting William, 37, at Kensington Palace, the 20 honorees are set to pick up their awards from Diana?s brother Charles Spencer at a glittering dinner in Greenwich, London.

While the recipients were born after Diana's death in 1997 they understand that their work honors her legacy. :happy:
QuoteAll the Legacy Award recipients ? who come from across the U.K., Canada, Malaysia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Nepal and India ? have made an important impact on society. Many of them only know Princess Diana as a historical figure, but they carry the honor with pride and admiration for the award?s namesake.

sara8150

Diana?s awards Twitter says

QuoteThis afternoon ahead of our #2019LegacyAwards our 20 change_makers went to Kensington Palace to discuss their campaigns with HRH The Duke of Cambridge @kensingtonroyal.
Twitter

Charles Spencer?s Twitter says
QuoteI?m so looking forward to being at the @DianaAward #2019LegacyAwards tomorrow evening - 20 outstanding award winners will be there, from places as varied as Anglesey, Bangladesh, Bristol, Canada, Co. Down, India, Merseyside, Norwich, & Nepal. Many congratulations to them all!
Twitter

sandy

It will be great in future if (and hopefully when) Diana's grandchildren be a part of this event.

wannable

Well done and congratulations to the 20 winners of this year's The Diana Award.

Charles Spencer looks very elegant, and glad to see him in conjunction with one of his nephews, William at last night's event.  He was given the honour to deliver the most important of the 20 awards.

The Legacy Award in memory of Princess Diana, some pictures of Charles with the recipient.

Twitter

sandy

I am glad that Charles Spencer is still very much in touch with his nephews. And Jane and Sarah are also. Good to see.

PrincessOfPeace

One of the young people is from Tanzania, and William started talking to him in Swahili ? and this young boy was gobsmacked! It wasn?t just one sentence. This was not something he had just read out of a book. It was truly special.

- TESSY OJO | CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF THE DIANA AWARD

TLLK

^^^What a lovely surprise for the young Tanzanian winner to have William chatting with him in Swahili.  :happy:

sara8150

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge has sent a letter of support to The Diana Award, an award for young people named after his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, for the work the organisation does with young people.

More: Duke of Cambridge pens letter to Diana Award organisers ? Royal Central

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 14, 2020, 05:20:27 PM
The Duke of Cambridge has sent a letter of support to The Diana Award, an award for young people named after his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, for the work the organisation does with young people.

More: Duke of Cambridge pens letter to Diana Award organisers ? Royal Central

A letter which both mentions Harry and has pictures of BOTH brothers.

Prince William Mentions Prince Harry in Letter to Anti-Bullying Organization

PR much!! Can't have signs of any strains!

wannable

IMO there is a strain, but the charity organization is about their mother. 

TLLK

About The Award - The Diana Award

Here is a link to the Diana Award and its focus on honoring those who are mentoring or working on anti-bullying programs.

Here are some of its stories.

Stories from The Diana Award - The Diana Award

A little history on the Diana Awad.

QuoteThe Diana Award was founded in 1999 by the British Government as a way to continue Diana?s legacy ?by establishing a formal way to recognise young people who were going above and beyond the expected in their local communities,? according to the Award?s website.

Over the past 20 years, The Diana Award has recognised the work of over 49,000 young people from all over the world ?for their social action and humanitarian work.? With the Award?s anti-bullying programme, over 33,000 young people are trained in the Anti-Bullying Ambassador programme, and their Mentoring Programme has helped nearly 2,000 young people.

William and Harry have both been involved with The Diana Award, attending the ceremonies and hosting receptions for winners at Kensington Palace.

I believe that the brothers likely came to the decision that going forward from the beginning of 2020 that would be easier and  practical to have William who is  living in the UK take on the communication and correspondence with the Diana Award program.

Prince William invited the winners to a reception at KP in November 2019 and the Earl Spencer handed out awards earlier.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/02019112753812/prince-william-legacy-awards-princess-diana-award-reception

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on May 14, 2020, 09:37:46 PM
IMO there is a strain, but the charity organization is about their mother.
I agree, but I did read that they are in contact with each other. Strains within families can last for a long, long time, but when siblings have been close and have a falling out it doesn't mean it lasts forever. It may be a bit more difficult for them because so much of their private life is discussed by the Public. They are both warm hearted men who were brought up by loving parents despite the fact that their own relationship was a train wreck.

TLLK

Nominations are open for the Diana Award.

QuoteFor over 20 years The Diana Award has been celebrating young people who are standing up to change the world around them
Earth globe europe-africa
Flexed biceps

We're driving a new wave of nominations to find inspiring young people to honour with #2021DianaAwards.

Diana Award Nomination Centre - The Diana Award

TLLK

The brothers both met with the Legacy Award winners today. Prince William met  in person with winners at Kensington Palace and Prince Harry met with winners virtually from his home in California.  :Jen: :snowflake:

Prince William and Prince Harry Unite for Diana Award Winners | PEOPLE.com

QuotePrince William, 39, met with 10 British recipients of The Diana Award's Legacy Award at Kensington Palace on Wednesday. And Prince Harry, 37, spoke with another set of winners from around the world in a virtual meeting held from his home in Montecito, California.

The Legacy Awards are handed out every two years.

QuoteThe princes' paid tribute to the young people from around the world who are Legacy Award winners ? the most prestigious accolade a young person can receive for their social action or humanitarian work that is handed out by The Diana Award every two years. The first awards were presented at an event attended by both princes in 2017.

Recipients will be awarded their prize by Earl Spencer at the family's ancestral home Althorp.

QuoteThis year's honorees will receive a unique honor as they will be given their Diana Awards from the princess's brother Charles, the 9th Earl Spencer at the family's ancestral home Althorp on December 9.

The young winners are also set to have access to a unique two-year development program, which aims to provide them with the opportunity to enhance their skills in four key areas; leadership, community development, social entrepreneurship and technology for good.

wannable

The Diana Award
@DianaAward

As we come together, I am reminded of the profound belief my mother held in the transformative power of young people. 

She recognised their unique ability to challenge the status quo and push for a more inclusive and compassionate society.

Her legacy continues to inspire and serve as an example of how to navigate the complexities of our world today.

So many of the numerous challenges that we face disproportionately affect young people. 

Whether it's climate change, mental health, or systemic injustices, the obstacles can sometimes seem overwhelming.

But what gives me hope is the collective power we possess when we work together ? the strength in the diversity of voices and perspectives that encompass it.

- Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

Thank you for adding your voice and giving your platform #2023DianaAwards.

Watch the ceremony ? The 2023 Diana Awards Ceremony - YouTube

wannable

Today, we recognise the power of all young people to inspire meaningful change.

To all the award recipients, congratulations. Your accomplishments are a testament to your character your passion and your determination to make a difference, you are an inspiration to young people everywhere.

And to everyone watching, all these stories remind us why organisations like The Diana Award are so important. It is a reminder that when we invest in young people, when we provide them with the tools and opportunities to make a difference, they can truly change the world. A belief shared by my mother, and one I am proud to continue in her name.?

- HRH Prince of Wales

Thank you for adding your voice and giving your platform #2023DianaAwards
Instagram: Dianaaward

TLLK

Here's information on the winners for 2023. Congratulations! :yesss:

The Diana Award - YOUNG ACTIVISTS FROM ACROSS THE WORLD HONOURED WITH THE 2023 DIANA AWARD

QuoteYOUNG ACTIVISTS FROM ACROSS THE WORLD HONOURED WITH THE 2023 DIANA AWARD

On Friday 30 June 2023: The Diana Award put the spotlight on over 180 young people receiving the highest accolade a young person can achieve for social action or humanitarian efforts.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 30, 2023, 05:37:49 PM
Today, we recognise the power of all young people to inspire meaningful change.

To all the award recipients, congratulations. Your accomplishments are a testament to your character your passion and your determination to make a difference, you are an inspiration to young people everywhere.

And to everyone watching, all these stories remind us why organisations like The Diana Award are so important. It is a reminder that when we invest in young people, when we provide them with the tools and opportunities to make a difference, they can truly change the world. A belief shared by my mother, and one I am proud to continue in her name.?

- HRH Prince of Wales

Thank you for adding your voice and giving your platform #2023DianaAwards
Instagram: Dianaaward

One would think, by William?s statement, that Diana only had one child,  and that child was him. He has a brother, and since it?s inauguration Harry has had just as much to do with this award as William has.

TLLK

@Curryong -I disagree as Prince Harry's statement is similar to his brother's.

QuoteThe Diana Award
@DianaAward

As we come together, I am reminded of the profound belief my mother held in the transformative power of young people.

She recognised their unique ability to challenge the status quo and push for a more inclusive and compassionate society.

Her legacy continues to inspire and serve as an example of how to navigate the complexities of our world today.

So many of the numerous challenges that we face disproportionately affect young people.

Whether it's climate change, mental health, or systemic injustices, the obstacles can sometimes seem overwhelming.

But what gives me hope is the collective power we possess when we work together ? the strength in the diversity of voices and perspectives that encompass it.

- Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

changemhysoul

I agree with TLLK on this one.

The main thing, they both showed up for the Diana Awards and honored their mothers. No need to mention or say our or anything like that. I do agree with Curry in a sense on some other things but this, it's best to just give that statement and focus on their individual support of Diana.

Taken from the video, a photo of Harry with Vee, In 2020, they were part of a conversation on using social media for good that Harry & Meghan hosted in their roles as President & VP of the Queen?s Commonwealth Trust.

?Earlier this month, Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex joined alumni in Los Angeles for the first-ever in person Conversations for Change, a cornerstone program designed to bring young people together around a key social issue.?

Archewell Post: The Diana Award Recognizes Global Changemakers | Archewell

Curryong

The Diana Award is a wonderful project and if the brothers can come together on that then they may be able to devise something around veterans? health they could work on side by side. That would be a start.

That last photo of Harry with the students and others is a great one, imo. Shows what Harry is about.