Main Menu

Forum Suggestion Box

Started by Jenee, March 17, 2008, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tizzy

Monika, you wrote this:

Quote from: Monikabut perhaps the mods could consider a "no negative pic and/or message" rule for the forum.

This is too general.  How are we supposed to enforce this when one's interpretation of a negative
image of a negative post can be different than someone else's?

Tizzy

oops, I meant negative image or a negative post

GiaModel60

I agree Tizzy, I for one find the Lucky & insignia offensive, also find the pictures of w and k hunting offensive but have i asked for them to come down? NO

Jenee

Whoever suggested that all negative comments shouldn't be allowed! There are equally people who would like to censor all over-the-top-gushy-aren't-they-great comments. I think it should all be allowed as long as people are nice to each other!!
Quote from: Monika on January 06, 2009, 11:19:15 PM
Who said it should turn into a we love anybody forum?   :( 

Speaking as a fellow member here, I have a negative opinion about Kate, and I feel that as long as I am not abusive toward her or anyone else, I should be allowed to express that opinion.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

WOW

Everyone please don't antagonize each other, just drop it and let this thread be for what its meant.

Stix Chix

Hello members! :hiya:

In an effort to bring peace to the boards the mods and admins have made a new rule regarding member's signatures and avatars.  From now on we ask members not to create signatures or avatars which are intended to cause direct or indirect offense towards either the subject matter or towards other members.

We also ask that members refrain from posting messages withing their signatures and profiles which may also cause direct or indirect offense to the subject or other members.

Pro-themed banners, avatars and messages are of course perfectly fine. :thumbsup:  We're just asking members to no longer use Anti-themed banners even if it's meant only as a joke.  We hope that this will help bring better relations between members of different opinions.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this or any other rule found in our General Forum Rules and Information please contact an Administrator.

Thanks and happy posting! :)

17. No inappropriate Signatures, Avatars, or messages within signatures Signatures or Avatars intentionally designed to cause direct or indirect offense towards the either the subject matter or to other members are not allowed.

Harryite #0004

Emme

Quote from: Jenee on January 06, 2009, 11:52:11 PM
Whoever suggested that all negative comments shouldn't be allowed! There are equally people who would like to censor all over-the-top-gushy-aren't-they-great comments. I think it should all be allowed as long as people are nice to each other!!
Speaking as a fellow member here, I have a negative opinion about Kate, and I feel that as long as I am not abusive toward her or anyone else, I should be allowed to express that opinion.

I totally agree with you Jenee, however, I have seen a few posts/posters that tend to get carried away with the whole negative vibe, be it regarding Kate OR Chelsy.  It is on both sides of the aisle, if you will. 

It is okay to express your negative opinions about Kate, this is what the forum is for!  It is fun and edgy.  But I do also notice when someone, and mind you I am not naming anyone in particular, does express the opposite opinion about Kate OR Chelsy, that is when the fighting begins.

We all have particular royals and non-royals we favor over others-that's okay. But when the bickering ensues then it's not fun anymore.  We should respect the opinions and viewpoints of others and NOT get carried away, be it by personal avatars or signatures.  It does tend to polarize the posters on this forum.    :slap:

I am Pro-Kate, or a Catherinite, as I like to refer to myself.  I have been respectful to those whose opinions differ from my own.  My rule is if I have nothing nice to say I don't say anything. Many posts I have bypassed or not responded to just for this reason.  I just click onto another thread.  By no means I am perfect!  I have to responded to some posts like that...I can't resist!   :catfight:

I don't want anyone to leave or asked to leave this forum.  I miss them when they are gone.  I do miss their individual opinions and insights they bring to the table. :(

I have learned so much about the royals from this forum. 

Of course, this is JMHO, as always!

Thanks for reading.....Emme    :flowery:

WANDA

I tried to be my part I do not like any of the Middleton family, but I like that Chelsy Davy is a girl of her time a very strong person, however, have been very ugly about it to anyone and anything remove them, also of Prince Harry, if there is FREE EXPRESSION here.
I want to ask a question whether this body belongs to Miss Kate Middleton or his family to never enter here.   :rant:

WOW

I have removed more off topic posts. This isn't a complaint thread but a suggestion thread.

sillyjobug

Might I suggest that everyone read Emme's post. It's is thoughtful, insightful, and absolutely correct. In fact, if everyone behaved in the manner described in her post, no new rules would be required. Therefore, my suggestion is not for the Mods/Admins, but for our members. BE NICE! That's it, really. Just be nice. I know I'm going to be widely ignored, but I just wanted to say that, and to say great post to Emme! :flowery:
Harryite #0094   

WANDA

then a suggestion with respect not evade questions  wow

brittanylala

Emme, I loved your post :) To me it's the differing opinions the members uphold which makes this forum great! Imagine how boring this forum would be if all the posts were 'wow isn't Kate/Chelsy amazing'!

Emme

Thanks brittanylala and sillyjobug.   :girlblush:

I know it sounds corny, but I wrote that from my heart.  I have made new friends on this forum and I hate the thought of them not being here to put in their points of view and chatting with them daily.

Stix Chix

Harryite #0004

Rasta Watermelon

Can I suggest that the Chelsy board be shut down or re-named as she is now a private citizen given she is no longer with Prince Harry.

mbb

^ You are right but Lets wait  at least 2 or 3 months you don't know what may happen she and Harry could go back together :shrug:  like W&K  :snowflake: .

Jenee

^That was the plan, actually :thumbsup:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

WANDA

not understand that it is not my   ASIGNATURE