The Danish Crown Princely Family Current Events and Discussion

Started by TLLK, December 06, 2021, 03:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Royal family release shocking statement as they remove son from school | HELLO!

QuotePrince Christian will be taken out of his prestigious boarding school, Herlufsholm, and Princess Isabella will no longer attend the school as previously planned.

Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark and his wife Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, released a statement confirming the news, which has been rumoured since last month, when a documentary called Herlufsholm's Secrets alleged a culture of bullying and violence at the institution.

Their statement reads: "During summer we will make a decision with our children about their future school.

"For the students who continue at Herlufsholm, it is our hope that the school has more peace to ensure the necessary changes & succeed in creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel safe.

"It has been a difficult process for us, but based on the overall picture and our special position as Crown Prince Couple, we have chosen that Prince Christian stops at Herlufsholm, and that Princess Isabella does not start in 9th grade at school after the summer holidays.

"As we have previously announced, we are deeply shaken by the reports that have come out about Herlufsholm recently. We have also made it clear that we as parents of a child at school expect the school to do what it takes to rectify the unacceptable conditions."

When the documentary, which saw 50 former students relate their experiences, was released, the royal couple were quick to speak out.

They said at the time: "It is heartbreaking to hear about systematic bullying and about the culture of abuse and violence. That is completely unacceptable. As parents, we expect the school to effectively ensure a culture where everyone is safe."

As well as their oldest son and daughter Princess Isabella, 15, the parents-of-four also share 11-year-old twins Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent.

Curryong

Really, there wasn?t much else the CP couple could do besides remove Christian from the school. This scandal was just not going to go away. In fact there was every indication that this would be bubbling on for months. It?s a bit of a shame if Christian liked the prospect of being there but the situation just became untenable. It?s possible that Herlufsholm won?t survive this, at least in its present form, but we shall see. 

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 27, 2022, 02:21:10 PM
They will probably end up studying in the UK.

Danish posters were talking elsewhere and Gammel Hellerup Gymnasium may be an option. It?s not far from where Isabella goes to school. There is some talk that several Herlufsholm students may decide to study there.
However  it's reputedly a rather snobbish school. As in new money, while Herlufsholm is old money.

There is another option apparently. Christian could attend a high school in Aarhus and live at Marselisborg with a few friends. He could board and be semi-anonymous like Frederik was in his mid-teens.
There are several renowned (state) high schools in Aarhus. Its very much a young people?s area. The university alone holds 38.000 students, not to mention all the other schools and various educational facilities.

TLLK

I have to say that this was truly the best way forward in light of the allegations of serious bullying happening at Herlufsholm Boarding  School which had been Prince Christian's former school.

Crown Prince Couple of Denmark announce plans for children?s schooling ? Royal Central

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark have announced where their two eldest children will attend school this autumn.

The Crown Prince Couple have decided that Prince Christian will enrol at Ordrup Gymnasium in Gentofte, while Princess Isabella will attend Ingrid Jespersen?s Gymnasieskole in Copenhagen.

Their new schools allow the royal children to remain at home for their education instead of attending a boarding school.

No photo opportunities will be provided as the teenagers begin at their new schools.

Both children were expected to attend the elite Herlufsholm Boarding School; however, their parents withdrew them from the institution after serious allegations were made against the school.

Prince Christian, 16, had been attending the school since 2021, and Isabella, 15, was supposed to join him this autumn.

Herlufsholm Boarding School became the centre of a major row in Denmark after two former students came forward to describe their dealings with bullying, sexual assault, and corporal punishment. Four students have been expelled for their roles in the alleged abuse.

Although Prince Christian was a pupil at the institution, he is in no way connected to the allegations.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 09, 2022, 10:44:57 PM
I have to say that this was truly the best way forward in light of the allegations of serious bullying happening at Herlufsholm Boarding  School which had been Prince Christian's former school.

Crown Prince Couple of Denmark announce plans for children?s schooling ? Royal Central

Yes it is. The only downside that I can see is that Christian and Izzie will be at different schools quite a way away from each other for the time being. However, there may be a possibility of Izzie transferring later on.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on August 10, 2022, 04:03:56 AM
Yes it is. The only downside that I can see is that Christian and Izzie will be at different schools quite a way away from each other for the time being. However, there may be a possibility of Izzie transferring later on.

I understand from the article that both of them will be day students instead of boarders, so they'll see each other before and after school.

TLLK

Crown Princess Mary to visit Greenland ? Royal Central

QuoteCrown Princess Mary of Denmark is set to visit Greenland at the end of the month alongside her foundation, The Mary Foundation.

Crown Princess Mary will be in Greenland from 23-25 August in the capital of Nuuk. Her itinerary will focus on the challenges currently facing Greenland, which is part of the Kingdom of Denmark. All aspects of her programme are in line with the aims of the Mary Foundation.

Mary will visit the Children?s and Youth House M?lkeb?tten and attend the conference ?Together on Grief.? She will also take part in activities with a primary school class that have been organised by WWF World Nature Foundation.

The Crown Princess will also partake in the UNLEASH event, which is a global event organised to mobilise young talents in the areas of community management, problem-solving and social/environmental solutions. Young Arctic and Nordic people meet at the UNLEASH Innovation Lab to create ideas and solutions in line with the UN?s Global Goals.

wannable

Frederik and Mary will be at NYC like William, same dates. They will be participating at several summits at the United Nations

TLLK

Crown Princess Mary begins trip to Greenland ? Royal Central

QuoteCrown Princess Mary has begun an official visit to Greenland, visiting the capital city with her Mary Foundation.

Ahead of her arrival, Crown Princess Mary shared a message on the Danish Royal House?s social media accounts: ?In a few hours I will arrive in Greenland?s capital Nuuk. I am looking forward to the reunion with Greenland and the Greenlandic people. It is an exciting and varied program in the coming days, and I look forward to the many conversations with children and young people, business partners and those I meet on my way. It will be some interesting and educational days for all of us. And of course I have many greetings from home.?

Her first engagement in Nuuk took place with the World Wildlife Fund, of which she is President?a role she inherited from her late father-in-law Prince Henrik in 2020. She joined schoolchildren from Aqqaluk, an after-school centre, to collect plastic waste and help sort it as part of an ongoing WWF Wildlife Fund project.

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on August 19, 2022, 12:50:12 PM
Frederik and Mary will be at NYC like William, same dates. They will be participating at several summits at the United Nations

That is interesting, wonder if they will find the time for a meet up and nor quick lunch?  Would be nice if the British royals were more interactive with the rest of Europe as in the future there will be lots of young queens out there  and someday they will be wanting a consort prince.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Princess Mary attended the presentation of the Ministry of Education and Research's National Teaching Award 2022 in Copenhagen today:

Lige nu: Kronprinsesse Mary starter ugen p? fornem vis | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

August 31, Crown Prince Frederik participated in the Made in HimmerLand Pro-Am golf tournament (one day before the professional golf tournament Made in HimmerLand):

Se billederne: Kronprins Frederik med i golfturnering i verdensklasse | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Prince Frederik presided over the presentation of the Danish Business Award in Copenhagen this afternoon, September 1:

P? dejlig sensommerdag: Smilende kronprins Frederik ankommer i str?lende solskin | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

Crown Princess Mary conducted the official inauguration of UC SYD Campus Kolding today:

Princess Mary September 6 Pictures and Photos - Getty Images,%202022&sort=newest&irgwc=1&esource=AFF_GI_IR_Skimbit%20Ltd._10078&asid=Skimbit%20Ltd.&cid=GI&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Skimbit%20Ltd.&utm_content=10078

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess are in Vietnam for an official visit.

Little fun fact...the late Prince Henrik spent part of his early life living in the former French Indochina now known as Vietnam and could understand/speak Vietnamese.

Princess Mary of Denmark dazzles in recycled white lace gown | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

The CP couple paid a private visit to the late Prince Henrik's childhood home and then started  their  official visit with a very busy schedule.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary begin important Vietnam tour with poignant visit ? Royal Central

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's visit to Vietnam - Day 1 ? UFO No More More photos from the first day of the official visit and some fashion identification for CPss Mary.

TLLK

Now that they're back from their official visit to Vietnam, the CP family were at the annual Hubertus hunt. CP Frederik has taken on the role that his late father once held and is now the host.

TT Nyhetsbyr?n