Dad's old farmhouse? Bling it on, says Zara

Started by snokitty, February 08, 2015, 01:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Dad's old farmhouse? Bling it on, says Zara | Daily Mail Online
It's a sprawling Grade II listed farmhouse that already boasts seven bedrooms – but that isn't stopping new owner Zara Phillips 'blinging it up'.

Aston Farm, set in 600 acres on the Princess Royal's Gatcombe Estate, had been home to Zara's father, Captain Mark Phillips, since his divorce from Anne in 1992.

Now Zara, husband Mike Tindall and one-year-old daughter Mia are set to move in once a high-tech revamp is complete.

'The new rooms include a gun room, gym, cinema and games room,' an insider tells me. Permission for the changes were granted in November.

Zara, 33, and Mike, 36, sold a £1.2 million house in Cheltenham two years ago and moved to a small cottage next to the farm.

Aston Farm has been held in trust for her by family friends, including motor-racing legend Jackie Stewart and her godfather Andrew Parker Bowles, and a spokesman for Zara said last night that the move had been 'long planned'.

Professional horsewoman Zara admits that she and Mike, a former England rugby captain who retired from the sport last summer, need to work hard to make ends meet.

They caused a stir after negotiating a reported £150,000 magazine deal for photos of Mia after her birth in January last year.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

TLLK

Arial photos show a very lovely looking home. Hope they're happy there.

snowdropqueen

Have they lived there since their marriage? I thought they had been residing elsewhere.
Looks a great place.

Curryong

Quote from: snowdropqueen on February 09, 2015, 03:51:44 AM
Have they lived there since their marriage? I thought they had been residing elsewhere.
Looks a great place.

Zara and Mikes first home was in Cheltenham. They sold that around December 2013 for over a million pounds I believe, though there was probably a mortgage.