Princess Beatrice Cuts Stylish Figure As She Dines Out w/Boyfriend Dave Clark

Started by cinrit, May 24, 2014, 12:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteShe was pictured looking all dressed up and fancy yesterday afternoon after attending the Buckingham Palace garden party.  But Princess Beatrice opted for an altogether more casual ensemble when she stepped out for dinner with her beau Dave Clark last night.

Ditching her floral skirt and stylish headpiece, the 25-year-old went for an understated look as she headed to posh Mayfair Restaurant, Nobu, replacing her summery look for darker vibes.

Keeping on her ivory shirt, which came complete with a studded collar, Beatrice added a black pleated skirt, opaque tights and a midnight blue boucle jacket.

More: Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

DaFluffs

Millions of pics of these two yet most of the time they look like they're just friends.  No hand holding, arm around each other, kissing, hugging.....

I am NOT convinced there is a real romantic relationship here.....

good221

yet she always play a match maker on other people relationship instead of dealing with her own or lack of it!!!! :wellduh:

Queen Camilla

Quote from: DaFluffs on May 24, 2014, 04:46:17 PM
Millions of pics of these two yet most of the time they look like they're just friends.  No hand holding, arm around each other, kissing, hugging.....
I am NOT convinced there is a real romantic relationship here.....

Maybe they are just friends or they don't believe in PDA.

Curryong

Bea and Dave have been going out together for a long time. Maybe a lot of the physical passion has died down somewhat since the early days.

Eri

^   :goodpost: ... say what you want about the girls but they seems reserved Eugine and her boyfriend are never photographed french kissing ... maybe it's due to all the attention their parents already got they want a more reserved life ...

TLLK

:goodpost: Eri. I would expect that Beatrice and Eugenie are conscious of media attention when it comes to their romances.

FanDianaFancy

Good post and good for them (York girls).

I would assume it the real thing between Bea, the named princess and that guy. Why would he  let her go?
She  is  not really attractive, but her wealth, name to the good  life and everything is.

Sandor

I'm not so sure that Dave Clark is not just using Beatrice.
He is always taking her to Branson events. He seems to enjoy the publicity, too.

They've been dating over seven years now; if he truly wished to have her in his life permanently, why hasn't he proposed?

(Yes, I know many women truly don't wish to be married.  But judging by what I've observed of Beatrice, she is not one of them!)

FanDianaFancy

I  would say he not using her. No.
Using can only last so long.

I think they  seem like a real couple.  He  has the inside  of working  for Branson...Branson daughter-in-law is  Bonas sis, CBons  is bestties with  Bea and Eug...and more.  He  is part   and in the circle and no doubt  wants to and will keep his place there.
That is what I mean .  These characters all seem to  be in the same circles, connected, part  of  their small world and  if one is in or has an in , they certainly do not want to get out or be put out.
It is not  using.

Lothwen

They have been dating for quite a while.  I'm always surprised when couples go over 2 years without an engagement.  I think by that time you should know whether or not you want to marry that person.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

DaFluffs

Does it surprise anyone that they are not living together?  7 years and perhaps I would expect them to be.....

I'm still trying to grasp if they are even a couple.  They are mentioned as such in articles but I don't think I'm seeing evidence:
no kissing of any sort in public
rare hand holding
no living together
no vacationing together at  non-Branson events.  In fact have we ever seen them together at a non-Branson event?

Despite the articles saying these two are a "couple", what makes them a couple?  I don't see it......

HsHCharlene

We do see them vacation often to Monaco and St Barts without a Branson in sight. It's just that they don't get very much coverage. I think that they do sleep together very often and that one or the other stays at each other's place on a given night. Why bog down and just start living together, they started dating when she was so young and I think the non-cohabitating has more to do with her father than them per se.

^^Good point Lowthen I believe that too but getting married is not the be all end all of life and I think they're both enjoying being young.

Lothwen

^True, but after a while your relationship needs to go to that next level, and based on my experience, if it hasn't by this time, it won't happen at all.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

Quote from: Lothwen on May 27, 2014, 02:40:53 AM
^True, but after a while your relationship needs to go to that next level, and based on my experience, if it hasn't by this time, it won't happen at all.

Yes Lothwen, I agree. Relationships that last a long time, even if one or another of the people concerned were very young when it began, tend to stagnate after several years if there aren't plans to live together permanently or marry. A lot of the romantic starry-eyed thing usually fades after two or three years anyway, unless both partners are very demonstrative. It just seems to me that a lot of the 'oomph' might  have gone out of Dave and Bea's relationship.

Queen Camilla

Quote from: Lothwen on May 27, 2014, 02:40:53 AM

I think she is too young for marriage.

Camilla's daughter, Laura, started dating her future husband when she was 18.  She & Harry Lopes bought a house together right before they married in 2006 when she was 28.   Laura shared a flat with her brother until he married. 

I see Beatrice doing the same until she is ready for marriage.

Zara also dated Mike for nearly a decade before marrying him.

Sandor

How young is too young?
It's not like she is 18;  she's almost 26 and he's almost 32.

That really isn't all that young;  it might just seem so because the trend seems to be for people to marry later and later.
But after seven years, they should know whether they intend to stay together.

Eri

Am I wrong to think the four cousins are scared of marriage because of their parent's marriages I mean who wouldn't be scared after what they went through as children? Only that Willy had to marry due to his position ... besides it seems The Place's policy after the 80's melodrama is very long courtships ...

good221

Curryong

With three out of the four cousins still unmarried I do think it probably has to do with the modern trend in Western societies to leave wedded bliss until the very late 20's or early 30's.

I must be a cynical person at times because I have wondered about Dave Clark's motives re Princess Bea. I have no doubt he's fond of her. However, there are obvious advantages to dating royalty. He's basically a super-salesman for Richard Branston's Virgin space flights. Clientele could be impressed!
Socially too, it could be worth his while to be dating a princess.

gec

Slightly off topic question. What does Beatrice do for work?

As for Dave's motives, I've never been able to have a confident opinion. Sometimes I think he is a genuine person who is naturally friendly and smiley, other times I question whether he enjoys the publicity a little too much.

DaFluffs

Not sure what Bea does for a living.  In one DM news story someone questioned that she's an "intern" at Sony.  They said that at age 26 and 4 years post-university she shouldn't be "interning" anymore..... 

I thought that if she is still an "intern", the poster of the comment has a good point......

Quick question to all:  what is the national rate of unemployment in the UK?  Is there a figure for the rate of unemployment for those in their 20's?

cinrit

Didn't she have a part-time job at an art gallery at one point?

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

good221

Quote from: cinrit on May 30, 2014, 03:39:42 PM

Cindy
No Bea don't work or care for a JOB!! Bea only job is vacation in French Rivera with A Listed Celebrity on a yacht and posing on red carpet. The Queen cannot say anything because they are Andrews Kids and they are not next in line to the throne or ever require to be around it, so they are  free to live the life they choose. :wellduh: 

Lady Adams

Quote from: cinrit on May 30, 2014, 03:39:42 PM

Cindy
Bea had a short-lived job at an investment capital firm. I think you might be thinking of Eugenie, who interned at the Palace (was known to grab lunch in the cafeteria with the staff) and now works at an art gallery in New York City.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer