Danish Monarchy: Articles from 2013

Started by Diandra, December 19, 2012, 09:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diandra

He says in the article that there is a new method called "after-mum-surgery". As she is wearing very loose pants it might be this method "after-mum-surgery", where one takes some fat from the legs and put it into the breast.

cinrit

Ohhhh ... I've never heard of that method.  Seems like it would be safer than implants.  I saw on a talk show (last week, I think) when five women were talking about implants, Sharon Osbourne (Ozzy Osbourne's wife) said that implants should be replaced every 10 years, to make sure they're safe.  Yikes!

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Blue Clover

Diandra

The Queen mocks princess Marie
In her New Year speech Margrethe spoke against the quest for eternal youth. Her own daughter in law does not hold back

Quote- There is a tendency in these times to draw a picture of the perfect life with spouse, children, inspirational work, interesting hobbies, a youthful appearance regardless of age. Who can live up to it all? Why do we do it?

So said Queen Margrethe in her traditional New Year speach. And the words on the youthful appearance can be a finger pointing to a member of the Queen's own family. It is not more than ten days ago, SE and HEAR revealed that Margaret's daughter in law, Princess Marie, was treated at a private plastic surgery clinic in France.
http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seoghoer.dk%2FNyheder%2FRoyalt%2Fdronningtale.aspx

cinrit

QuoteIt is New Year's Eve. In a few hours the Copenhagen Town Hall bells will toll. The new year 2013 is here. Of this we can be certain, and we look forward to it in hope and anticipation, but we cannot predict what it will bring us, our society, or Denmark.

We try to predict, we make estimates, we do our best not to be taken by surprise by the course of events. The new year will always be unknown territory. Therefore it is not only a matter of what will happen, but a question of how we cope with it.

We Danes have always regarded ourselves as hard-working and enterprising. The Danish society did not evolve of itself. Our society is a result of the efforts we have made through the ages to shape the future and to ensure progress: Capable tradesmen have been selling Danish goods to foreign countries. Fearless seamen have sailed all over the world. Persistent farmers have reclaimed the moors of Jutland. Industrious workers and craftsmen have played their part for Denmark to become what it is today.

HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN?S NEW YEAR SPEECH 2012 - The Danish Monarchy 

Cindy

cinrit

cinrit

QuoteAt the tradition-rich New Year's banquet on 1 January, the Order of the Elephant is worn on the chest on a chain-link collar, which rests on both shoulders. On other occasions, the order is worn on a blue sash that extends from the left shoulder to the right hip. 

This follows a tradition that was already laid down in 1693 when Christian V issued the first written statutes, which are still valid. In those statutes it was determined, among other things, that on the Order's festival days – of which the first day of the year is one – the Order of the Elephant is to be worn on a golden chain consisting of alternating links shaped like elephants and towers instead of on a blue sash.

The Order of the Elephant, however, has a history that goes considerably further back than 1693. Far and away, it is Denmark's oldest and most distinguished royal order of chivalry. In its original form, it can be tracked back to around 1460 when Christian I, with the Pope's approval, established "The Fellowship of the Mother of God". That society's badge was a medallion of The Virgin Mary and the Infant Jesus worn on a chain of tower-bearing elephants.

THE HISTORY BEHIND THE ORDER OF THE ELEPHANT - The Danish Monarchy 

Cindy

sara8150

NEW YEAR RECEPTİON FOR DİPLOMATS
MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: NEW YEAR RECEPT?ON FOR D?PLOMATS

CP Mary still recycle her dress again! im wish she need new dress for new year gala and new year reception diplomats also..

Diandra

Great pictures.

I've never liked that dress. But CP Mary looks radiant.  :clap:

I suppose in times of crisis recycling dresses is a good signal

cinrit

QuoteIn keeping with tradition, The Queen and The Prince Consort hold New Year's levees at Amalienborg and Christiansborg Palace, respectively, at the beginning of the New Year.

In keeping with tradition, The Queen and The Prince Consort hold New Year's levees at Amalienborg and Christiansborg Palace, respectively, at the beginning of the New Year.

For centuries, the Royal Danish House and Danes have wished each other a Happy New Year and, with that, good luck and prosperity for the whole kingdom. The origin of the contemporary New Year's levees and New Year's banquet is not known with certainty, but already in the mid 1600s the events around the changing of the year were referred to as old customs, and the basic elements are still the same.

THE HISTORY OF THE NEW YEAR?S LEVEES - The Danish Monarchy 

Search - Getty Images CA: DNK: Queen Margrethe Of Denmark Holds New Year's Levee
Search - Getty Images CA: DNK: Queen Margrethe Holds New Year's Levee

Cindy

Windsor

I do like these annual events. They provide a bit of glitter to cold winters. What I do wish, is for Prince Henrik to dress properly, he always looks a mess.  :eyes:

cinrit

What I noticed was how properly the Queen was sitting, and how casual Prince Henrik was sitting, almost like he was watching television. :D 

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is it the angle of the camera ... in the two Getty Images links, it looks like he's sitting on her left, then it looks like he's sitting on her right.

Cindy

Windsor

I am not entirely sure as to the exact nature of this ceremony. Maybe the differing angles are of receiving dignitaries and then watching them depart?  :unsure:

As for Prince Henrik, he always look badly dressed (his beer belly doesn't help!) and a total mess, doesn't seem to know how to act in public.  :no:

Diandra

Wow I just love that outfit.

A brown jacket with a pink wide skirt. 

Diandra

This New Year Leevee, where the greeting of the diplomats take place is a delicate matter since the time where QMII was too sick to be present.

The court arranged for CP Frederik to stand to the right and Prince Henrik took offence.

He appeared in an interview and stated he was no. 2 and not no.3 and that he was been humiliated.

I have not yet met anyone that can understand his complaint. Something about the greeting of  the diplomats is a social event not a regnant matter or what ever he meant.  :hehe:

Windsor

I am really not a fan of Prince Henrik... The guy always looks a mess, doesn't know how to behave in public and whines everytime he doesn't get his way. <_<

marine2109

Quote8th January 2013
Their Royal Highnesses Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine's birthday.

New photos...

Prins Vincent og Prinsesse Josephine 2 år - Kongehuset

Double post auto-merged: January 08, 2013, 01:02:47 PM

Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark celebrate their 2nd birthday. - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: January 08, 2013, 06:51:59 PM

QuoteVincent and Josephine of Denmark modeling exercise their second birthday

Vincent y Josephine de Dinamarca ejercen de modelos en su segundo cumpleaños

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Frealeza%2Fcasa_danesa%2F2013010862681%2Fcumple-mellizos-dinamarca%2F

princesa