PoW and DssoC Official overseas travel 2019-present

Started by wannable, February 05, 2019, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Clarence House retweeted and tweeted
Kew Science
@KewScience
Today some of our scientists are in Norway to deposit seeds on behalf of The Prince of Wales into the Svalbard
@GlobalSeedVault to help protect future food security #SeedVault2020
Kew depositing royal seeds | Kew

The Prince of Wales recently hosted a meeting with senior representatives from the aviation industry, energy companies, the financial community and innovators to explore solutions to decarbonize air travel.
SMI Round Table 1 - Aviation - YouTube

The Prince of Wales recently hosted the first in a series of meetings following the launch of his Sustainable Markets Initiative in Davos last month.
The meeting aimed to explore solutions to decarbonize air travel.
Find out more: https://sustainable-markets.org
Twitter

IMO Charles delivered 3 incredible initiatives at Davos, leading the way, by example 1. He deposits seeds from the DOC annually 2. Exploring solutions rather than lecturing 3. He has authority to speak about sustainable markets by doing it himself with the Duchy

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 26, 2020, 04:11:05 PM
@wannable -Thank you for the update on the couple's upcoming multi-nation tour.

@Princess Cassandra - Yes I agree that while Camilla has received criticism in the past for her reduced your schedules, you are correct that she does have health issues that affect her stamina. I am certain that like her mother and maternal grandmother that Camilla is also affected by osteoporosis and back issues that impact her life.
I don't know whether or not she has osteoporosis, but I do know she is quite fit and walks a lot, probably because it is known to help your bones after menopause. I don't think too many could keep up with the POW, so I'm not concerned that she won't be with him for all 51 engagements! 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on February 28, 2020, 04:46:01 PM
Clarence House retweeted and tweeted
Kew Science
@KewScience
Today some of our scientists are in Norway to deposit seeds on behalf of The Prince of Wales into the Svalbard
@GlobalSeedVault to help protect future food security #SeedVault2020
Kew depositing royal seeds | Kew

The Prince of Wales recently hosted a meeting with senior representatives from the aviation industry, energy companies, the financial community and innovators to explore solutions to decarbonize air travel.
SMI Round Table 1 - Aviation - YouTube

The Prince of Wales recently hosted the first in a series of meetings following the launch of his Sustainable Markets Initiative in Davos last month.
The meeting aimed to explore solutions to decarbonize air travel.
Find out more: https://sustainable-markets.org
Twitter

IMO Charles delivered 3 incredible initiatives at Davos, leading the way, by example 1. He deposits seeds from the DOC annually 2. Exploring solutions rather than lecturing 3. He has authority to speak about sustainable markets by doing it himself with the Duchy
I agree. He is a man who puts his time and money where is mouth is, and he remains committed to his projects. I think he is amazing.

TLLK

The Foreign Office/British Government requests that the trip be postponed.

QuoteClarence House: ?Owing to the unfolding situation with the Coronavirus pandemic, The British Government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan.

Princess Cassandra

That makes sense. Among other things they are setting examples for the everyone. I was looking forward to pictures of the trip but hope it will be re-scheduled!

wannable

The Chinese have contained the virus, they are telling the world if each country does the ''aggressive'' decisions they did, it will be done and over in 6 months. 

6 months is a Financial Crisis, it will happen, people will be unemployed, save money, keep your savings.  Workaholic Charles will need to find other ways to keep up with his court circular.

sara8150

Gert?s Royals Twitter says

QuotePrince Charles & Duchess Camilla?s spring tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina 🇧🇦 , Cyprus 🇨🇾& Jordan 🇯🇴 has been postponed due to the Coronavirus.
Twitter

Princess Cassandra

So disappointed, but better to be postponed than cancelled. This also sets a good example for everyone about travelling and the importance of breaking the contagious cycle. But I was so looking forward to photo's of the Balkan area and Cyprus.

Princess Cassandra

i watched as many of the videos as I could find of this historic event.  Wonderful!

Princess Cassandra

Finally, an overseas trip and the first of several, I hope!  In the pictures of the Duchess in that gorgeous light blue coat, the hem of her dress is visible.  It looks like it might be the dress she wore under the blue and gold coat for the blessing after their wedding.  I remember you could see the hem slightly, and it looked like it was probably silk.  This has the same look.  If so, it's great to be able to wear the dress a second time, though we don't know what it looks like. 

TudorQueen

Photos from day two

All the Photos from Prince Charles and Camilla's Visit to Greece 2021

https://twitter.com/johnhand9/status/1375232484040790016

Prince Charles ?enormously Touched? To Be Given Gold Medal Of Honour - Greek City Times

I have enjoyed the tour, even if a short one. It seems like a lifetime ago since we have seen one.

I hope it becomes safe for us to see some more in the near future. But not until it is truly safe.

LouisFerdinand

I especially like the photograph of Prince Charles and Camilla signing the official guestbook.

TLLK

We've reached 15 pages so it's time to close this thread and start a new one.
PoW and DssoC Official overseas travel Part 2