The Danish Royal Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, June 20, 2018, 08:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I think Queen Daisy might well be celebrating Xmas with her sister Brigette this year. The crown Prince family are enjoying an Aussie Christmas and it?s extremely doubtful that after the rift caused by the pulling of Joachim?s children?s Princely titles that he and Marie or their children will be back in Denmark to share the Season?s Greetings with the mother/grandmother he and his ex wife both criticised a few weeks back.

TLLK

Yes I believe QMI and Princess Benedikte are likely to be together this year. The CP family hadn't been to Australia for 5 years, though apparently Mary and Frederik did make a private trip in March 2021 without their children. COVID obviously disrupted plans for the Donaldsons and the CP couple.

I am a a bit disappointed though in the large number of photos being taken of the family as they're out enjoying the local spots-shopping, beach days etc..I've seen far more of CP Mary's toned legs than I need to in the tabloids. IMHO it's a shame that the the paparazzi are not giving them a break, but this may be due to the fact that the family are out in the general public.

TLLK

Annus Mirabilis or Annus Horribilis? The Danish Year in Review ? Royal Central

QuoteThere were multiple reasons to celebrate in Denmark this year. Not only was it Queen Margrethe?s Golden Jubilee year, but Crown Princess Mary also celebrated her 50th birthday. But while there were moments of great joy within the kingdom, there were also moments of sadness and scandal with the news that Prince Joachim?s children?Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix, Prince Henrik and Princess Athena?will lose their titles on 1 January.

Let?s take a look at the royal year for the Danish Royal Family.

TLLK

As of this morning, the children of Prince Joachim are now the Counts and Countess of Monpezat and no longer HH Princes/Princess of Denmark. The Danish Royal Website has already made the changes as well.

On the stroke of midnight on New Year?s Day ? four royals stripped of their titles in major shake-up ? Royal Central

QuoteFour members of the Danish Royal Family woke up with new titles this morning after Queen Margrethe?s shock decision to remove her grandchildren?s titles came into effect.

As of today, all four children of Prince Joachim?Nikolai, Felix, Henrik and Athena?are to be known as Count and Countess of Monpezat after Queen Margrethe decided to remove their prince/princess titles.

TLLK

Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and the four children spent their Christmas holidays in Vietnam. Vietnam is where the late Prince Henrik spent his childhood and he was fluent in Vietnamese as well as his native French and English. He did learn Danish as an adult but struggled with the accent.

TLLK

I just recently found this news. Crista Manley, the mother of Alexandra Countess of Fredriksborg and  the maternal grandmother of her sons Counts Nicolai and Felix, passed away at the beginning of January. Mrs. Manley was 89 years old when she passed away.

D?c?s de Christa Manley, grand-m?re de Nikolai et Felix de Monpezat ? Noblesse & Royaut?s

TLLK

Countess Alexandra (ex-wife of Prince Joachim and mother to their sons) has resigned from her job.

Countess Alexandra makes a big decision about her future ? Royal Central

QuoteCountess Alexandra has resigned from her permanent job at the electronics company Bang & Olufsen. Countess Alexandra is the former wife of Prince Joachim of Denmark, and is mother to his two eldest children. Bang & Olufsen designs, develops and markets, among other things, speakers, sound systems, headsets and televisions for both private and business customers.

In a comment to the Danish media, Countess Alexandra said: ?I have been happy with my time at Bang & Olufsen. The company has really moved a lot in that period, and we have spread awareness of the Bang & Olufsen brand and products to even more consumers.?

Countess Alexandra had been employed by Bang & Olufsen since the spring of 2020, where she was given a part-time position as head of customer programs. Shortly after her employment at Bang & Olufsen, she officially renounced her appanage in order to be free to do as she pelased. Since then, she has worked with the identification of new customer groups and the development of new customer programs across marketing and sales.

The Countess already left her job on 11 January, but it has only now been announced to the company?s employees. According to her press adviser, the reason for the resignation is that Countess Alexandra would like to have more time for other projects. The 58-year-old will continue to serve as an external advisor in the company.

wannable

ChristinZ
@ChristinsQueens

''Prince Christian turns 18 on October 15th. His main priority in the coming year will be the completion of the upper secondary education. The Royal Palace will provide information on Prince Christian's further youth and education courses when the time is right.''

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals

Denmark Palace regarding Prince Christian?s government funding that he would be entitled to when he turns 18:

HRH Prince Christian turns 18 on 15 October 2023.

Prince Christian's main priority in the coming year will be the completion of his upper secondary education. The Royal Palace will provide information on Prince Christian's education courses when the time is right.

It has been agreed with the Prime Minister's Office that finial support from Folketing (Parliament) will only be sought when the Prince turns 21 or upon a possible change of throne, if it takes place before that.

Only after this is the expectation that Prince Christian will participate in official duties to a greater extent.

However, it depends on where the Prince is at this point in his education. Until then, just like today, Prince Christian will only participate in official duties to a limited extent.

TLLK

Interesting that it's been announced that he'll be eligible to receive an appanage at such an early age (18) especially when you consider that he's not the Crown Prince. His father's counterpart in The Netherlands was eligible, but  she's not going to accept it yet as she's still a university student.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on June 26, 2023, 08:29:44 PM
Interesting that it's been announced that he'll be eligible to receive an appanage at such an early age (18) especially when you consider that he's not the Crown Prince. His father's counterpart in The Netherlands was eligible, but  she's not going to accept it yet as she's still a university student.

Maybe Christian wants to travel or pursue an expensive hobby? Have the Danes ever had an adult heir to an heir in direct line in modern times? What I mean is, they are in quite a different position to the Dutch royals with their history of abdications which brings everyone in line up one notch when still quite young. And the Swedes live for ever. It?s possible that King CG  will still be around when Estelle is 18 and she will need one too. Different horses for different courses, I suppose.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 26, 2023, 09:29:16 PM
Maybe Christian wants to travel or pursue an expensive hobby? Have the Danes ever had an adult heir to an heir in direct line in modern times? What I mean is, they are in quite a different position to the Dutch royals with their history of abdications which brings everyone in line up one notch when still quite young. And the Swedes live for ever. It?s possible that King CG  will still be around when Estelle is 18 and she will need one too. Different horses for different courses, I suppose.

@Curryong-From what I have read at the beginning of the 20th century,  there was four generation succession much like we saw in the UK around the same time and more recently with the late QEII and her successors. (And we know that they were all going to be named either Frederik or Christian!)  :wink:

During WWII and the occupation there was King Christian (QM's grandfather), CP Frederik (QM's father) and a very young Princess Margrethe, but she wasn't the same age as her grandson is now.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on June 27, 2023, 12:35:53 PM
@Curryong-From what I have read at the beginning of the 20th century,  there was four generation succession much like we saw in the UK around the same time and more recently with the late QEII and her successors. (And we know that they were all going to be named either Frederik or Christian!)  :wink:

During WWII and the occupation there was King Christian (QM's grandfather), CP Frederik (QM's father) and a very young Princess Margrethe, but she wasn't the same age as her grandson is now.

Thanks TLLK. I am interested in the Danes as a RF. Bit foggy about dates however. The fourth generation at the turn of the 20th century, Frederik and Knud  though, were only very small children and didn?t need an apanage. I wonder whether their father Christian got one? Still, as he and Alexandrine received several palaces as wedding gifts when they married, at least they couldn?t complain about their accommodation! 

TLLK

TLLK

Queen Margrethe?s eldest grandchild to exchange Denmark for Australia ? Royal Central

QuoteAnother member of the Danish royal family is moving far away from home. Queen Margreth?s eldest grandchild, Count Nikolai, has revealed he plans to live in Australia.

Prince Joachim?s eldest son currently studies at Copenhagen Business School together with his girlfriend, Benedikte Thoustrup. Now the couple have said that they are going to study abroad and are planning to move to Australia.

This was recently confirmed by Prince Joachim?s press advisor to Danish media.

For one semester, from August 1 to November 30, the couple will be students at the University of Technology in the Australian metropolis of Sydney. It is not yet known where Count Nikolai and his girlfriend will live, but Prince Joachim?s press advisor said that the couple are currently looking for an apartment.

Curryong

As Nikolai is now a Count not a Prince I guess he and his girlfriend will be able to explore a freer sort of existence. There?s likely to be a little bit of interest from the Aussie media at first, nephew of Cr Prss Mary and all that and then it will die down I expect, unless he does some modelling as a sideline. They will probably enjoy life in Sydney, it?s a young person?s city, plenty to do. Good luck however in finding any kind of decent accommodation at a reasonable price!

TLLK

@Curryong - Yes I was wondering what the rental costs would be for a cosmopolitan city like Sydney. I too expect that there will be some media interest in Australia and Denmark as Nikolai and Benedikte begin their new lives there.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 25, 2023, 02:35:38 PM
@Curryong - Yes I was wondering what the rental costs would be for a cosmopolitan city like Sydney. I too expect that there will be some media interest in Australia and Denmark as Nikolai and Benedikte begin their new lives there.

I don?t know whether the couple intend to lease or rent, (they surely wouldn?t be buying unless they have a million or so lying around or want a hefty mortgage) but below are some average weekly prices. It depends on the location of course, but I don?t expect a young couple to settle down in the far off suburbs. Central Sydney is where it?s at, and the beachside suburbs like Bondi and Manly. And they cost!

What's the Average Rent in Sydney ? - Soho Real Estate,Australians%20spend%20is%20about%20%24480.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 07, 2023, 12:27:11 PM
Count Nikolai is spotted with a friend now having moved to Sydney, Australia.

EXCLUSIVE: Danish Royalty Down Under! Princess Mary's nephew Count Nikolai of Monpezat spotted in Sydney for the first time as he prepares to start a

It?s still winter here in Aus but Nikolai looks as if he is really fitting in and ready to enjoy himself as well as to study hard. As I posted before, Sydney is really a young person?s city, plenty to do, to go to, to see, especially in the summer months. I wonder where he and his girlfriend are living? Maybe they got a good deal with their accommodation, an apartment somewhere central.

Curryong

And apparently, according to a German news source, Nikolai was at yesterday?s Women?s World Cup game cheering Denmark on. Pity he was present at a loss but he may attend further games in the competition.

Curryong

Count Nikolai and girlfriend will be living in Darlinghurst in trendy eastern central Sydney for the foreseeable future, apparently. Not typical student accommodation that?s for sure! Lots and lots of little bars, nightclubs, restaurants. There will be no need to cook at home! Oxford St, which is Australia?s gay epicentre runs straight through it. Lots of gay nightclubs, bars, businesses etc. it?s where Sydney?s Mardi Gras happens each year. So it looks as if somebody in the family has handed over a tidy sum as lease on an apartment!

TLLK

QMI has been busy with one of her favorite hobbies-costume and set design.

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/bille-augusts-feature-film-ehrengard-the-art-of-seduction-premieres

QuoteEhrengard: The Art Of Seduction premiere on Netflix September 14

Based on the book Ehrengard by Karen Blixen

Directed by award winning director Bille August

Set design and costumes created by Queen Margrethe ll