child boards for the coffee klatch issue

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, February 26, 2018, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Hi there seem the reply function is not avail for the 3 child boards in the newly changed coffee klatch section, hope it gets fixed soon, thanks.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

LouisFerdinand

Does this mean that there will be no more REPLIES to Residences, Culinary, and Fashion?

TLLK

Unfortunately this means that for the present there will be no more replies or posts for those forums @LouisFerdinand . They're archived so you can only read them at this point in time.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Had an idea, could those boards be made unmoderated like general chat on some of the boards to lessen the load on the mods, but ppl can still use them?
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on February 28, 2018, 03:43:34 PM
Had an idea, could those boards be made unmoderated like general chat on some of the boards to lessen the load on the mods, but ppl can still use them?
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Mike

Jenee, I realize conversations can get a bit emotional on certain topics, but the Coffee Klatch section is very important for some of us.  Having the opportunity to discuss the days events with civility is very attractive and educational.  I, for one, have had definite ideas on a subject, only to change them after reading posts here.  The other point of view made me realize a detail I hadn't considered. 

I think the character of those who participate can ensure the free exchange of ideas while maintaining tolerance and understanding.  At the first opportunity, please consider reopening the section.

Thank you,

Mike     

:flower:
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Jenee

Just to clarify- the main coffee klatch board remains open for general chat. It?s the child boards that are read only.

I?ll take a look at the requests in this thread- I?d be OK with a handful of unmodded boards, but it?s not just member moderation that we do- unmodded boards leave the door open for spam too. But I?ll take a look at the boards and see where the discussion is happening (rather than just a series of posts that contain external links) and consider reopening a few of them.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

TLLK

I know that world/European monarchies are of limited interest but if they could be opened I know that there would be some of us who would like to see an opportunity for discussion. :) Perhaps not a forum for each royal family but just a place where conversations about events: ie the funeral of Denmark's Prince Henrik could continue. Thank you.

Kritter

There really were no arguments in the Fashion, Culinary or residence threads but I will back whatever makes it easiest on the moderators.