Meghan's ettiquette training

Started by TLLK, December 22, 2017, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Becoming Duchess Meghan: Interview with Etiquette expert Myka Meier ? Royal Central

? Charlie Proctor

Kelli Finger interviews Myka Meir of Beaumont Etiquette to get a better look at what training Meghan Markle will need as she joins the Royal Family.

With Meghan Markle due to officially join the Royal Family in May of next year, I was curious about what training she?d receive before becoming a Duchess.

She will be front and centre on the public stage more so than when she was a Hollywood actress. The scrutiny she will receive will be on a much larger scale and more intense. To prepare for this significant role, I wondered how Meghan might be adequately trained and instructed for this new position.

Ultimately, she will have 24-hour security protection, but what else? For answers, I turned to Myka Meier, founder and director of Beaumont Etiquette.

Questions range from the differences between American and European dining habits, when, whom and where for curtsying, and working with royal staff members. :snowflake:

FanDianaFancy

Again, I want her to jump in like a pro. I want her to succeed. I want her and PH to always be this happy with each other.
I do not want to see Sarah .2

MM has a lot to learn at once. She has 50% already in that she is so pretty, thinnish, stylish, camera ready, not media shy, has already met heads of state , adreesed UN , major speaking, etc.

She just has to follow the rules and do not get greedy, mind her place in connection to K, and asHarrys wife-consort.
Now, how to get out of a car. Weighted hems. Wear undergarments. Walk behind Harry. Etc. behind him. Protocol.How to wave. How to sit.

We know the very least of all the things they have to that seem odd and old, but real and necessary in their world.

TLLK

QuoteWe know the very least of all the things they have to that seem odd and old, but real and necessary in their world
:nod:

Yes @FanDianaFancy my sincerest hope is that the BRF gives Meghan the support and time to adjust to her new role  in life. Diana and Sarah didn't believe that they'd been given enough of either in order to adjust.

FanDianaFancy

Curryong

Diana got out of a car very gracefully I think. She swung those two long legs out beautifully, might have been her dancer's training. The most important thing is to keep your legs together at all times! I don't see why a shawl can't be just popped over the legs momentarily when wearing a short skirt. Those photographer often get down to ground level when the car door opens, in anticipation.

As for the difference between British and American dinner settings etc I think Meghan will be fine. It will just be a matter of practice. And, according to the engagement interview she's already taken tea with the Queen. Meghan's a foodie and used to fine dining. She'll pick it up in no time.

Trudie

Basically etiquette is common sense. The training Meghan will really need is dining at state banquets relating to conversing as the Queen starts the first course conversing with the person on her left and the second course conversing with the person on her right. And to who she has to always curtsy to and when.

Kritter

I get the feeling that some expect Meghan to turn into Kate. I sure hope she doesn't do that. All the BRF needs is another lazy do nothing boring person in the "modernized" Monarchy.   :romeo:

TLLK

Quote from: Trudie on December 22, 2017, 04:40:31 PM
Basically etiquette is common sense. The training Meghan will really need is dining at state banquets relating to conversing as the Queen starts the first course conversing with the person on her left and the second course conversing with the person on her right. And to who she has to always curtsy to and when.

QuoteAs for the difference between British and American dinner settings etc I think Meghan will be fine. It will just be a matter of practice. And, according to the engagement interview she's already taken tea with the Queen. Meghan's a foodie and used to fine dining. She'll pick it up in no time.

Good points @Trudie and @Curryong  :thumbsup: with support from Harry's family and the courtiers I believe that she'll pick up the dining etiquette quickly. I know that the curtsy rules have changed over the years, but in truth I believe she needs to just remember to curtsy to QEII and the DoE the first time she greets them during the day or evening. From what I have read, the rest of the family is not as rigid and do not require a curtsy or bow from each other especially in private.

Duch_Luver_4ever

As far as Meghan turning into Kate, I doubt she will, she has her own style and way of doing things. Although with defense to Kate, if shes not the most active royal, the RF, post Diana wanted to be sure William had a compliant, bland Stepford wife, so I would suspect, in her mind, the "cost" of that the RF has to pay is her not working herself to death for them.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

LouisFerdinand

Will not Meghan address Elizabeth II as "Your Majesty" in public? In private will Meghan be able to address Elizabeth II as "Grandmother"?

Curryong

Of course Meghan will call the Queen Your Majesty in public. In private 'Ma'am' probably, unless asked by her to call her Grannie or Gran.

TLLK

From The King's Speechhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/

It's Ma'am as in ham.  :xmas1:

Myrtle Logue: [sees the Queen at her dining table, stunned] You. You...?

Queen Elizabeth: It's 'Your Majesty' the first time. After that, it's 'ma'am', as in 'ham'. Not 'ma'am', as in 'palm'.