Kind of early, but question on kids...

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, December 02, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

^ Again it depends on what your definition of JOB is ... the man hasn't had a J.O.B in YEARS by my definirtion and isn't helping as he should and Phil is STILL showing up at Royal Events and that is a disgrace ... Harry's disgrace ... as for his children ... I don't get what they would have to do with him being a working Royal ... so IS Edward ... they will never work for Chuck or Willy ... them having Titles would be absurd ... the same logic that was used for Edward I am sure it will be used for Harry ...

sandy

He's a senior royal. Did you expect him to become an accountant?

Prince Philip is retired.

So what does William do? You seem to give him a pass now.

amabel

Quote from: Eri on December 20, 2017, 06:52:24 PM
^ Again it depends on what your definition of JOB is ... the man hasn't had a J.O.B in YEARS by my definirtion and isn't helping as he should and Phil is STILL showing up at Royal Events and that is a disgrace ... Harry's disgrace ... as for his children ... I don't get what they would have to do with him being a working Royal ... so IS Edward ... they will never work for Chuck or Willy ... them having Titles would be absurd ... the same logic that was used for Edward I am sure it will be used for Harry ...
It has been explained ot you that at the time of Ed's wedding he wasn't expected ot become a ffull time royal and the RF were in a popularity low. 

Eri

^ It's my understanding both Edward and Anne have always been working Royals so I don't even get what you are saying ... Harry better follow Edward's and Anne's example or his future PR will be a disaster ... he and his future wife aren't winning any popularity contest so he better not be under nay illusion he can live Willy's life ... if he wants the perks he better work for them ...

amabel

Anne and Edward have not been winning any popularty contests either.  Anne did very little royal work in her 20s, it was only later that she became an active member of the RF and got less criticism.  Edward too did not undertake full time royal work, he had his career In PR and the world of theatre and TV.. and it was intended that he would continue with business interests and that he and Sophie would niot be ful time royals. And he was not very popular because he was perceived as petulant and foolish...
Haven't you heard of "Its a Royal Knockoout?"
Then his businses interests did not do well, Sophie got caught with making indiscreet comments in the Fake Sheik interview and ended up losing massive amounts of money in her business. SO after all this the queen put them onto royal duties, and they gave up trying to have a business. 

This has been said so many times, Eri, that I'm not going to say it any more... 

Curryong

Edward and Anne haven't 'always' been 'working royals' at all, Eri, at least not in a fulltime sense. Both did a scattering of Royal duties in their youth. However, in her twenties Anne had an equestrienne career and was involved in that and in training for the Olympics with her husband Mark. She became a hard working fulltime Royal but that was later.

Edward was a housemaster at a boarding school in New Zealand in his gap year. He then spent four months in the Marines decided he didn't like it and went into the theatre. I believe he was a stage manager and worked for Andrew Lloyd Webber's company for a while. He later founded Ardent Productions (TV films.)

He and Sophie had no intention of becoming full time royals at the time of their marriage, and said so. Sophie was going to continue with her PR firm and Edward with his TV productions. In time this proved impossible.

Edward's firm was losing money at about the time he supposedly got into trouble from his brother Charles for filming William during his Uni years when all other media had been banned. Sophie of course had the false sheikh scandal set up by the News of the World, and after that the Queen put them on her Duchy of Lancaster payroll. Both their businesses went belly up.

I don't think you could call he and Sophie full time even now, especially Edward, but he apparently does have a couple of business interests on the side.

So less of the lectures about what Harry should and shouldn't do, please. In the latest two polls Harry came in at 74%, the only Royal whose figures didn't fall in that particular poll. In the other he was at 81% with his brother. So don't rattle on about his losing in the approval ratings, and just get your fact straight, Eri.

amabel

In fact I read in one book that couriters felt the queen had let Ed and Sophie mess around with their failing businesses for far too long, that she should have pulled the rug out, and stopped them  ages before.  I think the Fake Sheik thing was the last straw for her.
I think it is high time that harry did settle down and do some steady wrok, but he is not the only one who hasn't been a full time royal, and it is certianly not the case that Ed adn Sophie were full time royals at the time of their marriage, and Anne wasn't either in her 20s.

wannable

^ I do agree and the QII paid for it dearly, GBP 1.5 million never before in that family has this happened with an incoming non royal, as that amount was Sophie's company, which was cleared by the QII.  Some theorist say, Sophie will always be indebted to the Queen for this matter, hence she's practically under the leash of HM.  Its a good fact that they get along swimmingly.

Within their own royally born family, there has been debts and bad debts (bad debts are referred in the banking system as to unpaid bills when one declares bankruptcy but so your name doesn't get the full tarnish, you pay it by a trustee), which historically have been paid or wiped out of the books.

amabel

Sarah also had massive debts but she did at lest pay off the first set herself.
But I didn't know that Sophie's debts had been cleared by the queen. I suppose she had to, or leave a  blot against Sophie's name.  Yes its been said that they get along well and have a shared interest in military history but I wonder how much of this is Sophie having to get on with her mother in law pretty well, because she really does "owe her".....

wannable

Put it as a business perspective, the royal family are VIP customers of Barclays Bank, when Sophie requested a GBP 1.5 million loan from that bank to pay the debts and close the company on the QII orders, which she did close it.  And started working for the QII onward, both E&S were being paid onward by the DOL, salary income combined of GBP 250,000.00 yearly, who paid the GBP 1.5 debt ;)  When Barclays Bank auditors report, yearly, said loan was cleared and dusted. Who can pay a loan in 12 months closing, as all companies worldwide need to make their auditors report and statement...

HM is one of the most important clients of this bank.

Sarah worked for weight watchers, I think, in order to pay her debts.

amabel

yes I know Sarah is an awful idiot, but she was left to sort out the debts herself, and to be fair to her, she DID work for Weight Watchers and got them paid off.  GOod for her, whereas Sophie seems to have had to be bailed out by Mothter in Law.  But Of course Sarah got into debt again!.

sandy

Sarah did have financial problems after weight watchers. She was charging people and promising them access to her ex husband.

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2017, 02:26:11 PM

Quote from: amabel on December 21, 2017, 08:51:16 AM
Anne and Edward have not been winning any popularty contests either.  Anne did very little royal work in her 20s, it was only later that she became an active member of the RF and got less criticism.  Edward too did not undertake full time royal work, he had his career In PR and the world of theatre and TV.. and it was intended that he would continue with business interests and that he and Sophie would niot be ful time royals. And he was not very popular because he was perceived as petulant and foolish...
Haven't you heard of "Its a Royal Knockoout?"
Then his businses interests did not do well, Sophie got caught with making indiscreet comments in the Fake Sheik interview and ended up losing massive amounts of money in her business. SO after all this the queen put them onto royal duties, and they gave up trying to have a business. 

This has been said so many times, Eri, that I'm not going to say it any more... 

Edward got slammed for It's a Royal Knockout. And he stomped off in a hissy fit (all on tape) when someone dared say he did not like the show.

Curryong

With regard to Sophie's debt being paid. I suppose all the Queen's children have cost her financially in one way or another. It's been said by some commentators that Elizabeth had to top up Diana's divorce settlement as Charles had liquidated everything. (I don't know how true that is, though.)

Andy had no money of his own apart from his naval salary so Mummikins had to pay Fergie's divorce settlement out of her own funds. Plus, apparently during the York marriage she had come to the rescue several times and written a cheque to the bank because of Fergie's extravagance. That was on top of that revolting house she bought for them.

Anne had Gatcombe Park bought for her, and Edward and Sophie's home was no doubt leased thanks to Mummy in the first place. The Queen forgave Sophie's debts in the same way she'd forgiven Sarah's so many times in the past.

However, with Andrew and Fergie and what they'd already cost her monetarily, you can hardly blame her for saying to herself after the divorce, when once more Fergie was up to her eyeballs in debt. 'If I help again, how is Sarah ever going to learn to live within her income?' Whereas, with Sophie at least the Wessexes have, as far as we know, been financially responsible ever since the wind up of their firms.

TLLK

@Curryong-What have you heard regarding Edward's additional business interests?

QuoteI don't think you could call he and Sophie full time even now, especially Edward, but he apparently does have a couple of business interests on the sid

Curryong

Some interest in a tech company. I read about it years ago. I didn't really take much notice as I'm not interested in Edward. Maybe Andy pointed him in that direction.

amabel

well theres' a  difference between buying a house, even a very expensive one, for offspring when they get married and usually the RF do that.. and payng the debts of a daughter in law who has made a mess of her business dealings.  I know that Sarah will problaby always wind up in debt but she DID at least make the effort to pay off her oblgations herself the first time.. whereas Ed and Sophie seem to have just relied on Mama.  So I think that it came with the proviso that they managed their money properly and did royal work.. and didn't get into any further messes...

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Eri on December 21, 2017, 08:34:07 AM
^ It's my understanding both Edward and Anne have always been working Royals so I don't even get what you are saying ... Harry better follow Edward's and Anne's example or his future PR will be a disaster ... he and his future wife aren't winning any popularity contest so he better not be under nay illusion he can live Willy's life ... if he wants the perks he better work for them ...

Eri, what  jobs  should PH do?
What  does he  do  now?
How  is  he  not  a  working  BRF  member?
What jobs  does  PW  have?
What jobs  should  MM do?
What  does  K  do?

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2017, 09:03:59 PM

Quote from: TLLK on December 21, 2017, 04:28:27 PM
@Curryong-What have you heard regarding Edward's additional business interests?

Move  on down, move  on the line.
Here is where  it  gets tricky?
Looking  at the  QEII's  annual Christmas  Luncheon, what do these cat of  characters  do  for a  living?
GONE, long  gone  are the days  of  the titled  keeping  funds  going  for  each  member, other  males and  not just the first  born,  but the females  too.
Then their families  and  families.
D/D  of Gloucster, QEs  first couins.  Grandchildren  of  QMary  and the King. Fine back then when . Then QE  became  QofE  and  her family center  stage  and  all  access  to Sandringham,  Balmoral, etc.  No  more Grampy  -QMary and  Grampy-KingofEngl-long  gone deceased. Even when PElizabeth became QofE,  that  knocked out  her  cousins and their  families.

YES YES,  these  people,  the  Kents, and  Margarets  ' children  are  all  various  kinds of wealthy, connected BUT ....BUT....

Same goes  for  QEIIs  OTHER  kids and  grandkids.  When  she dies,  bump!!  No more  BuckBalcony,  Sandringham,  etc.  for  E and  famiy, Anne and family , and  Andrew and family.
King  Charles  and Queen Camilla.  PW and  his wife and  3  children. PH and his wife and their kids. YES, Queen  Camilla  will NOT then  have her  children and their  families stashed  away  waiting  for  her  at Ramill houseor  Balmoral  since she will be  Sandringham.

D/D  of Glouscester,  The Kents  have  adut children and  grandchildren about  be  become  adults. Fortunes dwindle.

Like the  story  bringing brought  of PH and housing. Where  will he and MM lie and with  room  for   reception areas, his/hers ofices,  bedrooms  for  a  family and more.
KP is  crowded. Filled to capacity.
QEII cannot kick  out the Kents and  Gloucesters.  She is  paying  for the Kents  to live there, grace and favor,  paying  market  value rent.
The Kents  adult  children  do  not  have grace and favor  housing  no  do the  D/D of Glouster  and  their adult  children an  teenage  granddaughters  who will be  adults  in  about  5  years ...early 20's  in age.

QEII  had  a  lot  of kids and her  kids have  a  lot  of kids. Well, they  each have  two  kids. QEII  has  a  big  family  and add her great  grandchildren.
Anne ahs  Z and MTindall  living  on  Anne's  estate, Gatacombe.  PE and S  will have the home they live willed to them  in  for their  children, grandkids  . You know Andrew and  Sarah  want  to  make  Bea and  Eug  have  grace and favor  at KP  , etc whatever they  can grab for their girls.