Koo Stark's letter to Meghan Markle

Started by TLLK, December 21, 2017, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Just found this DM article from  November 2016. If you are unaware of who Koo Stark is, she was Prince Andrew's best known girlfriend from the 1980's before he met Sarah Ferguson. Like Meghan she was an American actress who had a romantic relationship with a British Prince.  :xmas4: She and Andrew reportedly broke up over the pressure from the media. Reportedly the Queen found her to be charming and discreet. She is now a photographer.

Koo Stark's open letter to Prince Harry's new girlfriend Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

FanDianaFancy

That was Nov. 2016. Who knew what she said then was just drivel, but now is really a good, open letter to MM.
I agree with what she said.

TLLK

I agree @FanDianaFancy that it has some sound advice in it. Koo had a similar experience with dating a royal so she knows what it entails.

QuoteIf they are both invested in this relationship, it can work. Times have changed, and the world is more generous. Look at Prince Charles, now married to a divorcee, and Prince William married a commoner.

Everyone loves a good love story. If that?s what this, then I hope it has a happy ending. 
Koo Stark's open letter to Prince Harry's new girlfriend Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 21, 2017, 11:12:55 PM
Just found this DM article from  November 2016. If you are unaware of who Koo Stark is, she was Prince Andrew's best known girlfriend from the 1980's before he met Sarah Ferguson. Like Meghan she was an American actress who had a romantic relationship with a British Prince.  :xmas4: She and Andrew reportedly broke up over the pressure from the media. Reportedly the Queen found her to be charming and discreet. She is now a photographer.

I liked Koo and IMO it's sad that Andrew didn't marry her rather than the disaster that Sarah turned out to be. She had common sense. However, different times, different expectations, same old media pressures.

Duch_Luver_4ever

OMG i LOL'd when I saw her name come up, wow blast from the past from those heady days leading up to the wedding of C&D. Also sad the march of time has gone on that an explanation of who she is was needed for some, father time marches on.

Diana liked her, said she was very nice, and got on well with Andrew, who knows had there not been the adult film business how the marriage would have gone, i dont know how she would have taken to him being away so much with the navy.

I found it hilarious the whole "Koo Stark Rule" thing and Charles Spencer calling BP for advice.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.