Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 01, 2017, 11:27:13 AM
The queen very clearly has changed since the days of "not interfering" and just letting her children get on with whoever they chose to marry.  Id say she learned bitter lessons then that she could nto just ostrich and leave tehm alone.  So with the grandchildren IMO< she has been much more cautious and advised waiting and living with someone even if she probably as a Christian disapproves.
WIl and kate were a couple for several years before they got engaged.. Harry is older but has had few serious romances and is more of a thoughtless creature than Will ever was so i'd say the queen is definitely likely to adivse him to wait at least a couple of years.  Its for their own good.  She loves Harry and WIliam and wants them to make stable happy marriages, not like her own children did. and its for the good of the monarchy.
so I honeslty doubt if this relationship will end in marriage.

William said publicly ca. 2005 he was not ready to marry. I think William called the shots not the Queen about the wait to get engaged to Kate. Also there was a breakup in 2007.

Will can be very thoughtless. He is no saint.

Lady Deb

Quote from: Tiddles88 on April 01, 2017, 01:33:28 PM
Re: cleaning up her reputation. Now there's nothing wrong with Meghan's work, unless she wants to marry into the BRF. Since that's what she wants: she's got too many sex-scenes, too many near nude scenes, too many pics of her with her bra hanging out. Charity work: hmm, yes, but she should be digging wells and building health clinics, not holding the hands of little impoverished children while looking pretty. And preferably for an organisation that is less controversial that World Vision (which has a pretty shady reputation).

Who leaked the relationship? My money's on the woman who showcased her "Harry bracelet" on no less that five occasions on instagram in the weeks leading up to the leak. And Harry now leaking to the press? Really? Wasn't the excuse for him looking so miserable in the Jamaica photos that he hated the press? So would he really court press attention?

I think HM would tell Harry to wait if the woman he wants to marry does not seem ready to join the RF, because the happiness of her grandchildren are secondary to the stability of the monarchy to her.

Holding a child's hand can be comforting to them, and all precious children are worthy of being comforted and attention given to them for their needs, even impoverished ones. Everyone has a part to play with charity work from the pretty people promoting the cause to the wonderful people doing other arduous hands-on work. The fact that someone does something should be respected, IMO.

Frankly, most of the time, the Royal Family gets dressed up to attend charities, so MM will fit right in with what they have been doing for years. From fancy tailored suits to designer or couture clothing and the finest jewelry, male and female members of the RF are always looking their best when visiting charities.

Yale

Ya'll I have friends that are British, there is no such rule, that Harry or anyone else has to wait 5 years to marry.  Why even bother to entertain that comment? It's ridiculous!  Some are just making up crap in an attempt  to convince themselves that Harry won't marry Meghan that the Queen will not approve. She will not deny Harry.  I don't care what you say.  The most Harry will wait is a year and a half from the time they started dating and their year anniversary is fast approaching.

Curryong

Meghan has publicised the plight of girls in India whose lives are made miserable by having no sanitary pads or facilities when they have their periods. Hardly looking glamorous with small children!

What charity work of any kind whatsoever did Kate do before she joined the BRF? A big fat zero! Yet she is acceptable!

As for sex and nude scenes they are par for the course in many many films and TV series now. We aren't living at the time of Grace Kelly. It's called acting and has nothing whatsoever to do with actresses' private lives. I suppose if Meghan played a prostitute or member of the demi-monde that would translate to her being like those women in real life! Absolutely ridiculous!

As for nakedness, well Kate's has been seen all over the Internet, especially when she chose to strip on a balcony on holiday and when she's been to windy airports. Also topless on holiday with William before she was married. And yet she's considered worthy of being a future Queen Consort!

Meghan has said nothing, given no interviews about Harry or the relationship. She hasn't even spoken about him to fellow cast members. She was certainly pilloried for putting two spooning bananas and an elephant jigsaw on her social media. How evil! What a fame .....! Wearing bead bracelets! Wow, she's beyond the pale!

Yes, because she's an actress, she hungers for fame and every single thing that has come out about the romance has come from her! And Harry, who is both media savvy and used to social climbers of all sorts, of course suspects nothing! She must be the greatest actress who ever lived if for nearly a year she has fooled him who knows her intimately!

Your money might be on Meghan but there's absolutely no proof whatsoever that you are correct.

And, as Richard Palmer has put it, to Harry's family his happiness is paramount. If he wants to marry her he will. If he wants to propose to Meghan  in the next few weeks or months he will. And when he asks his grandmother for permission she'll say yes. The stability of the BRF doesn't rest with Harry's choice of wife anyway even though I believe Meghan will be a credit to them as a Duchess.

Tiddles88

This isn't about Kate, her charity or her nudity, it about Meghan's. And it's not about how I see Meghan. It's about how Harry's 90 year old granny, who has always put the country and the monarchy first, might see it.

No, I don't know that Meghan leaked the relationship, but she sure as hell wasn't trying very hard to hide it. No, I don't know what Harry thinks of the leaks, but he wouldn't be the first man to be thinking with the little head, rather than the big one.

I liked the article she wrote about menstruation, it was very good, and certainly a step up from posing with smiling children, which smacked so hard of self-promotion I'm surprised she didn't find herself concussed.

Whatever rules HM has in place for the marriage of senior royals are most likely between her and her senior advisers. I grew up a hop, skip and a jump from KP, my best friend's mother was on the staff of Charles and Diana, and I know nothing. We're all just speculating here and unless someone wants to own up to being a royal/ royal insider, my speculation isn't inferior to anyone else's. 

amabel

I dont think that it beggars belief that the queen is now more likely to keep an eye on her grandchildren and to try and ensure, for their sake and for that of the country, that they make good and stable marraiges. So I would quite believe that she has said that young couples should spend a few years together before they approach the ponit of getting married. and after Charles unhappy first marriage he would probably say the same thing that he would want his sons to live with their girlfriends and get to know them well before they marry...

Double post auto-merged: April 01, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

Quote from: Curryong on April 01, 2017, 01:06:43 PM
There is no evidence whatsoever that the Queen imposes time lengths on the romances of her grandchildren. Kate waited for ever for William to propose, nearly eight years. If Harry and Meghan have to wait that long Meghan will be 44 and they would have to kiss goodbye to any thoughts of a family.

If Harry has had few serious romances William had fewer, one in fact, with a split in 2007 but otherwise stretched on and on.

Harry is no more thoughtless than his brother is and why you should doubt that this romance will be no good for the monarchy when Meghan has expressed her willingness to give up acting and she has already experience of humanitarian work, heaven knows.

well its nothing to me, if Meghan is kept waitig for 3or 4 years - or doesn't have children.  I don't think she's likely to be an assiet to the monarchy.. Kate's nothing great and she ISNT into a career and is enlgish and knows a certain amount aobout the RF.  I don't believe that Harry is all that serious about her- I think that at heart, Harry does not want to get married htat badly.. and that while he's a nice guy and treats his girlfriends well enough, while they are around and stays firnedly with tehm afterwards, he's not the marrying kind

Lady Deb

^^ Last year, Harry has already said, in interviews on television, that he would like to marry and have children. I'm sure he knows himself better than random people just gossiping about his life on the internet.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 01, 2017, 05:49:51 PM
I dont think that it beggars belief that the queen is now more likely to keep an eye on her grandchildren and to try and ensure, for their sake and for that of the country, that they make good and stable marraiges. So I would quite believe that she has said that young couples should spend a few years together before they approach the ponit of getting married. and after Charles unhappy first marriage he would probably say the same thing that he would want his sons to live with their girlfriends and get to know them well before they marry...

Charles is not one to dispense marital advice.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the Queen imposes time lengths on the romances of her grandchildren. Kate waited for ever for William to propose, nearly eight years. If Harry and Meghan have to wait that long Meghan will be 44 and they would have to kiss goodbye to any thoughts of a family.

If Harry has had few serious romances William had fewer, one in fact, with a split in 2007 but otherwise stretched on and on.

Harry is no more thoughtless than his brother is and why you should doubt that this romance will be no good for the monarchy when Meghan has expressed her willingness to give up acting and she has already experience of humanitarian work, heaven knows.

well its nothing to me, if Meghan is kept waitig for 3or 4 years - or doesn't have children.  I don't think she's likely to be an assiet to the monarchy.. Kate's nothing great and she ISNT into a career and is enlgish and knows a certain amount aobout the RF.  I don't believe that Harry is all that serious about her- I think that at heart, Harry does not want to get married htat badly.. and that while he's a nice guy and treats his girlfriends well enough, while they are around and stays firnedly with tehm afterwards, he's not the marrying kind

Yale

Quote from: amabel on April 01, 2017, 05:49:51 PM

And exactly who are you to determine who is right for Harry and who is an asset to the monarchy or not?

Curryong

^ amabel, it may not matter to you how many years Meghan waits to be married. However, I'm sure it's of importance to both Harry and Meghan, nor do I think the Queen would insist on her grandson waiting while his girlfriend's childbearing years go by into her forties.

All we have to go on as far as Harry's wish to get married and have a family are concerned are quite a few interviews he's given since his early twenties in which he's expressed his longing for a family. Unless he's lying through his back teeth (don't think so) then he does want to settle down with a wife and children.

As for not knowing anything about Britain, Meghan has visited the UK many times and has lived with Harry at KP in Nottingham Cottage. It beggars belief that during that time they didn't go to see Harry's brother William and sister in law Kate when they stayed at Apartment IA for Royal engagements. I also believe that Meghan has been told by Harry about life in the BRF.

If the royal families concerned had the same belief system as you, that foreigners were no good for the country or Royal House, then Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (Australian, had to learn the language) Queen Maxima of the Netherlands (Argentinian, had to learn the language) Queen Sylvia of Sweden (German-Brazilian, had to learn the language) Grand Duchess Marie Theresa of Luxembourg (Brazilian, had to learn the language) Charlene of Monaco (South African, has to learn the language) and Princess Grace of Monaco (American, had to become proficient in French) would not have been able to be married. These were all commoners and all adjusted to life in their adopted country. At least Meghan speaks the same language as Harry!

amabel

well of course it doesn't matter to me whether they have children or not.  why should it?
as for the queen I think she' thinks long term nad will want to ensure that Harry makes a marriage that is happy and lasting..
she does not want any more divorces.
there's a lto of difference between living in a country and visiting it.
as for the other countries, I don't care who their royals marry, but I think that the brtisih are more insular and its possible that a foreign woman marrying a senior royal wont go down well with ethter the RF or the public.
As for Harry I think he may on one level "want a family " (and he's harldly likely to say no he doesn't want one), but I don't think he's relaly that keen to give up his freedom.  He may marry but I suspect it wont be for a while yet.  If he were really red hot  eager have children, he'd problaby have settled and got married by now.

Lady Deb

IMO, Harry seems happy and might have found the person he wants to marry and start a family. The Queen married a foreigner, 70 years later, I'd say that it has worked out well for her and RF.

amabel

Philp wasn't "a foreigner".  he was a foreign prince, who was related to the queen, anad part of the extended RF.  Even so, some British royals and courtiers did not like him.  but up to WWI, royals usually married other royals which meant marrying foregn princes/princesses.  Different ot a senior royal marrying a citizen of another country, who probably has little real knowledge of the UK or the duties of a princess.
Harry may be happy, but that doesn't mean that he has found the person he wants to marry

SophieChloe

Quote from: amabel on April 02, 2017, 03:50:07 PM
Philp wasn't "a foreigner".  he was a foreign prince,
Not the correct sort of "Foreigner" then @amabel  ? 

Just the *Royal* foreigners allowed?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Philp wasn't "a foreigner".  he was a foreign prince, who was related to the queen, anad part of the extended RF.  Even so, some British royals and courtiers did not like him.  but up to WWI, royals usually married other royals which meant marrying foregn princes/princesses.  Different ot a senior royal marrying a citizen of another country, who probably has little real knowledge of the UK or the duties of a princess.
Harry may be happy, but that doesn't mean that he has found the person he wants to marry
In Phillip's case he spent nearly half of his lifetime in the UK by the time he proposed to Elizabeth.  He had British family members (mother, maternal relatives), spoke the language, was educated in a British school, and served in the British navy. He was probably the "foreign" non-Catholic prince who understood the UK and the BRF better than any other eligible prince at that time. However it has been reported that QEQM and Queen Mary would have been happier if Elizabeth had married someone from the British aristocracy.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on April 02, 2017, 08:48:10 PM
In Phillip's case he spent nearly half of his lifetime in the UK by the time he proposed to Elizabeth.  He had British family members (mother, maternal relatives), spoke the language, was educated in a British school, and served in the British .
Exactly,  as I recall he became a British subject, and had served in the B Navy.. and was well aware of what Britian was like and what the RF was like.  Hardly the same as someone who's spent a few holidays here..

SophieChloe

^^ Unlike the ones that live here and pay taxes to make/made this Country function?

Another example  of the *vagina* lottery!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Yale

Phillip is Greek.  He was born and raised in Greece.  (I think)

TLLK

^^^Phillip had Greek citizen ship but was of mostly German descent. He was born on the island of Corfu but the family was forced to flee Greece shortly afterward. He has stated that he doesn't speak Greek but understands a little of it.  During his childhood he  lived in France, Germany and finally the UK. His parents had separated when he was very young and he lived with various relatives and his older sisters' families.  His maternal grandfather had become a naturalized British citizen and had renounced his old German titles. The founder of his boarding school in Germany was forced to leave because he was Jewish and founded a new school in Scotland. Phillip attended Gordonstoun and later joined the British navy. It was during his training for the Royal Navy that he met Princess Elizabeth. He later renounced his Greek titles to become Lt. Phillip Mountbatten.

Double post auto-merged: April 03, 2017, 02:44:00 AM

Quote from: amabel on April 02, 2017, 09:00:35 PM
Quote from: TLLK on April 02, 2017, 08:48:10 PM
In Phillip's case he spent nearly half of his lifetime in the UK by the time he proposed to Elizabeth.  He had British family members (mother, maternal relatives), spoke the language, was educated in a British school, and served in the British .
Exactly,  as I recall he became a British subject, and had served in the B Navy.. and was well aware of what Britian was like and what the RF was like.  Hardly the same as someone who's spent a few holidays here..
Yes he had hardly any connection to Greece considering that he was only a few months old when the family had to flee. His childhood was spent in France and Germany, but his formative years were spent in the UK.

Anyhow back to Meghan I doubt that her American background should be an issue. There are Canadian, Austrian and Danish ladies who married into the BRF throughout the years without any real problems.

tiaras

Quote from: SophieChloe on April 02, 2017, 09:58:46 PM
^^ Unlike the ones that live here and pay taxes to make/made this Country function?

Another example  of the *vagina* lottery!

He may not have been a foreigner when he married Liz, but someone like him wouldn't be welcome in today's Britain.

amabel

Quote from: Yale on April 02, 2017, 11:44:47 PM
No Greek blood whatsoever, as far as I know

Eri

I am tired of this situation being compared to C&C situation ... apples and oranges ... Chuck had been with Cam all his adult life by the time they got married and she was (no matter what some thing of her) an upper class British woman who had been around the Royals and shared their interests that is why she blended extraordinarily well with them ... she isn't a woman who leaked her relationship with Prince Dim through her PR and Instagram and brought in lawyers and drama from Day one of her relationship to keep her man's attention ... she had Chuck's attention alright ... and doesn't have videos like Megan has around the internet ... the fact that the same people who crucified Cressida for God knows what reason think this middle aged divorce would be a good addition to the RF is mind blowing  :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: ... to answer the question I was asked ... I think Chelsy is a good idea and I truly believe the two will eventually find each other again latter in life and will eventually marry ... SHE is his Cam for sure ...

Trudie

Keep banging your head Eri and hopefully you will see the light. :eureka!: Charles was able to marry Camilla and Harry will be able to marry Meghan if that is what he desires.

sandy

Quote from: Eri on April 03, 2017, 10:02:42 AM
I am tired of this situation being compared to C&C situation ... apples and oranges ... Chuck had been with Cam all his adult life by the time they got married and she was (no matter what some thing of her) an upper class British woman who had been around the Royals and shared their interests that is why she blended extraordinarily well with them ... she isn't a woman who leaked her relationship with Prince Dim through her PR and Instagram and brought in lawyers and drama from Day one of her relationship to keep her man's attention ... she had Chuck's attention alright ... and doesn't have videos like Megan has around the internet ... the fact that the same people who crucified Cressida for God knows what reason think this middle aged divorce would be a good addition to the RF is mind blowing  :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: ... to answer the question I was asked ... I think Chelsy is a good idea and I truly believe the two will eventually find each other again latter in life and will eventually marry ... SHE is his Cam for sure ...

She was his mistress and a married mistress for years. Meghan is a divorcee and dating Harry. She was never the other woman.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on April 03, 2017, 05:39:32 AM
Quote from: Yale on April 02, 2017, 11:44:47 PM
No Greek blood whatsoever, as far as I know
No his ethnicity is mostly German.