Royalty Questions: Ask all your questions here....

Started by Wombat, December 28, 2006, 06:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: PrincessKLS on May 16, 2007, 04:03:14 AM
Have they reconsidered the no Catholics law or do you think they ever will? Considering that they reconsidered the no divorcees or "must be a virgin" law.

Hmmmmmm, berrrrry interesting question.  Concerning the latter, I do, indeed stand a chance, hehe, haha.   :Royal: :Jen:
Awwww, I was trying hard to reach 1000 posts prior to CONCERT FOR DIANA as a lil tribute. CONCERT^4DIANA^ITE#1 Yipeeeee, I received a LETTER from Harry on June 20, 2007, via Clarence House, written by his secretary!!!  I LOVE Princes Wills & Harry!!! Vote4OBAMA^ite#01 Harryite#0099 QueenVictoria^ITE#01 Chelsyite#0029 LETTER^ITE#01 CINDERELLA^ITE#01

heather

Quote from: Stix Chix on March 29, 2007, 02:02:10 AM
but if she had had a younger...or older....brother (just like if Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Anne or Queen Victoria had had brothers) she would never had become Queen.  which is a weird thought! :mellow:  all those Queen's were pretty amazing.

Queen Anne did indeed have a brother......the famous warming pan baby.

EmpressofIndia

Um, he really was her half-brother, Heather. She helped her brother-in-law depose of her dad and him so that she would become Queen eventually.

Nighthawk

Will Camilla keep her title Dutchess of Corn-whatever when Prince Charles passes if he dies first ???  And will she still be part of the royal family ???

EmpressofIndia

If Charles pre-deceases both Camilla & the Queen, Camilla would then be known as the Dowager Duchess of Cornwall. The Duchess of Cornwall is the title of the wife of the current Duke of Cornwall (aka the Prince of Wales). In this case, the new Duchess of Cornwall would be William's wife.

heather

Quote from: EmpressofIndia on May 24, 2007, 06:20:58 PM
Um, he really was her half-brother, Heather. She helped her brother-in-law depose of her dad and him so that she would become Queen eventually.

Um 8), I know he was her half brother, King James II (7th of Scotland) was father to them both, and to Queen Mary, wife of William, and to another sibling, Louisa Maria who died of smallpox at age 19.

echo

new question:

what happens when an heir is homosexual?
of course it would be accepted today, but what would happen?

for example, say prince william was gay.
if he got married, would the public accept him and his husband to rule the country?
(2 queens, instead of a king  :teehee:)
heir wise, pw could let his niece/nephew inherit throne.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(><) Booni.

Savanna

PW would be replaced by his look-alike  :teehee:

Stix Chix

there have been homosexual royals (some of them sovereigns) in the past.  most if not all of them did marry and have children.  homosexuality has had many different views over history.  a lot of the time it wasnt considered a big deal, especially among the upper and ruling classes.  that doesnt mean they all approved of it but people turned a blind eye.  but it was pretty much one rule for them and one rule for everyone else.  so long as a male heir (or more) was produced by the king and queen to continue the line people didnt really worry.

if it happened to today, with William specifically?  well.....like with everything else there would be some who are fine with it, and some who are not and the rest wouldnt care.  there would be concern over how (or who) would produce the next heir to the throne.  there would be debate about having a gay Governor of the Church of England just as there is debate now about appointing gay priests.  there would be debate over if he could marry or not and what should the man's title be if he does just as there is debate over gay marriage now.  there would be some who say he should step down as king.  there would be some who say he shouldnt.  and so on and so on.  it'd be a very fiesty and unhappy debate....he'd probably hate every second of it.

Harryite #0004

Miryoku

Good points, Stix  :thumbsup:  The reasons you gave are exactly why if William (or any of the RF) were homosexual, they would probably never come out publicly proclaiming it.  The fall-out would be too intense.  Coming out is a challenging enough time as it is and having to do so in front of the entire world and the media would be a complete nightmare.
Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

Savanna

Who is Ella Windsor? Can someone enlighten me?

truly_thata

Lady Gabriella Windsor, she was daughter from Prince Michael of Kent
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Savanna

Really? I was a bit confused - I read somewhere that there is a Gabriella AND an Ella - that it`s two different persons  :shrug:
How old is she?

Lila the Flirt

Why is there a St. George's flag when St. George isn't British and he supposedly has never set foot on English soil?  :hmm:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

heather

Now that's a very touchy subject! :teehee:

Lila the Flirt

Oh, is it? :pardon: Now you've got me very interested. :devil:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

truly_thata

Quote from: Savanna on May 29, 2007, 10:50:04 AM
Really? I was a bit confused - I read somewhere that there is a Gabriella AND an Ella - that it`s two different persons  :shrug:
How old is she?

no....Gabriella was Ella (ella was her nickname)

Savanna

Why is it that the Queen`s birthday is in April but always celeberated in June?  :unsure:

Cassidy

QuoteThe tradition of having an official birthday for the Sovereign was begun for practical reasons. Monarchs who had their birthdays in the winter months often encountered problems due to cold, wet weather spoiling parades and other outdoor celebrations.
King Edward VII, who was born on 9 November, was the first Sovereign to mark his official birthday on a separate day to his actual birthday throughout his reign, holding celebrations in either May or June.

One Queen, Two Birthdays

:thumbsup:

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

Savanna

I see. That clarifies things. But isn`t it pretty warm at the end of April? And sometimes the snow comes down in June  :shrug:

heather

June is usually warm, but not too hot. :)

truly_thata

Quote from: Savanna on June 04, 2007, 12:01:12 PM
Why is it that the Queen`s birthday is in April but always celeberated in June?  :unsure:

her father also do the same thing...usually they have 2 birthday party, 1 for personal (only family members who come) and other was state party (big ceremony in church)

heather

They have been doing this since the time of Edward VII.......thanks for pointing that out Cassidy! :thumbsup:

echo

(\_/)
(O.o)
(><) Booni.

Savanna

They will have to design a new month  :teehee: