Re: British Royal Christmas 2021-present

Started by TLLK, November 30, 2021, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

:xmas4:   :snowflake::happyuk:A thread to discuss the Christmas and New Year's activities for all  of the members of the extended British Royal Family. This includes all of the Queen's children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and her cousins and their families.

Princess Beatrice and her young family wrap up for a waltz round Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrincess Beatrice and her young family were spotted enjoying all the fun of the fair yesterday on a visit to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.

Pushing her ten-week-old daughter Sienna in a trendy ?1,000 Fox 3 Bugaboo pram, the 33-year-old appeared relaxed alongside husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.

Also with the pair was Edoardo?s son from a previous relationship, five-year-old Christopher Woolf, known as Wolfie.

After browsing the Christmas market and playing fairground games, the family stopped at a German bratwurst stall in the London park?s Bavarian Village.

TLLK

Comfort, strength and hope: the royal messages of Christmas 2020 ? Royal Central  (This article suggesting what will likely be the Christmas messages for 2021 highlights many monarchs so I will post it here and in the Modern Monarchies forum.)   :xmas10:

]
QuoteThe countdown to Christmas is well and truly on as December gets under way. And amidst the many royal traditions associated with the festive season, the Christmas speech given by monarchs around Europe remains a high point for many. While always filled with seasonal greetings, they are also a chance to share reflections and often include rare personal messages and royal contemplations of the year just gone. This was perhaps more true than ever at the end of 2020 when the Christmas speeches of Europe?s monarchs took in the extraordinary time everyone was then living through.

The Queen spoke of the importance of hope in her address on Christmas Day 2020. She also shared her pride in all those who had done so much to help and support others during the most trying times of the pandemic and reassured those watching that they were not alone. But it was faith in the future that was her main inspiration, as she said ?Even in the darkest nights there is hope in the new dawn.?

TLLK

:high5: Let's hear it for wise decisions and hope for more in 2022 and beyond.

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on December 07, 2021, 09:58:25 PM

I say Good Bye to 2021 and may all the troubles and drama of the past year just disappear in the history of time.  My best wishes and prayers for a more peaceful and healthy 2022 for everyone......learn to laugh and enjoy life for it is very precious and not to be taken for granted. :jester: :xmas5:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 07, 2021, 09:58:25 PM
I could not agree with you more, and not just about Andrew. There is no substitute for good judgment and wise decisions!

Nightowl

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 08, 2021, 03:55:09 AM
I could not agree with you more, and not just about Andrew. There is no substitute for good judgment and wise decisions!

Very well said........... :goodpost:

Macrobug67

The Cambridges Christmas card 2021.   Looks like they went to Jordan back a few months ago when seen at the airport.  Speculation on my part judging from the rock in the background and the seats the kids are on.  Anyways, nice pic.

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporterUK/status/1469306666336366597

wannable

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 10, 2021, 02:10:33 PM
The Cambridges Christmas card 2021.   Looks like they went to Jordan back a few months ago when seen at the airport.  Speculation on my part judging from the rock in the background and the seats the kids are on.  Anyways, nice pic.

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporterUK/status/1469306666336366597

:notworthy:

Patricia Treble
@PatriciaTreble

It was taken earlier this year in Jordan, where Kate lived with her family during her childhood

TLLK

What a great family photo and I'm happy that the kids have had the opportunity to see where the Middleton family lived during Catherine and Pippa's early years. Little Louis is not looking so "little" anymore.  :happy:

New photo of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family released for Christmas ? Royal Central

This article has some recollections of those who were associated with the pre-school that Catherine attended when her family was living in Jordan.

Prince William and Kate Middleton release 2021 Christmas card | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge learned Arabic, recited verses from the Quran and celebrated Ramadan when she attended nursery in Jordan.

Kate's family moved to Jordan in May 1984 when she was aged two and her sister was just eight months old, after father Michael, a British Airways manager, relocated to the Jordanian capital of Amman for work.

Kate was in a class of 12, while the nursery looked after 100 chlidren aged three to five from Jordan, Britain, Japan, India, Indonesia and American.

In the morning, everyone was grouped together to learn Arabic before separating into different classes.

'We would read one verse from the Quran to improve the children's Arabic and tell stories about the Prophet's companions, like Omar Bin Khattab. The idea was to reinforce concepts such as respect and love,' her former teacher Sahera al Nabulsi previously told The National.

'The teacher used to ask in Arabic, 'Who is wearing red today?' so that the children would recognise the colours,' Ms al Nabulsi recalled.

The nursery founder would dress up as Santa Claus at Christmas to entertain the children, and celebrated Eid al-Fitr at the end of Ramadan when a drummer would visit to entertain the children.

Children also enjoyed school trips twice a month to places of interest such as the Haya Cultural Centre.

Ms al Nabulsi recalled how Carole usually did the school run, but that Michael Middleton sometimes collected Kate in his work uniform

'The kids used to get very excited and run to see him,' she said.

After Michael's work in Jordan came to an end, the family moved back to Berkshire where Kate spent the rest of her childhood. 

TLLK

It's the time of year when the official BRF Christmas Cards are released.  :xmas5:

Here's the photo from the Cambridges. It was taken earlier in the fall when the family was in Jordan during the children's fall term break.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXTg1Z5Nzbm/

Macrobug67

^@wannable  :teehee:  I worked in Saudi years ago.  I have numerous things with that material print.  It screams Middle East/Arab/Bedouin to me. And added to the red rock ( Petra, Jordan) and Kates history of living in Jordan all added up to a vacation in Jordan. 

Macrobug67

Kinda odd choice.  I like the photo - it does sum up 2021.  And it?s a nice interaction between the two.  But as a Christmas card? 

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug67 on December 10, 2021, 05:52:20 PM
Kinda odd choice.  I like the photo - it does sum up 2021.  And it?s a nice interaction between the two.  But as a Christmas card? 

Yes I agree that it is an odd choice for a Christmas card.  :blank: :xmas10: Which is a disappointment after the great photos that Charles and Camilla have used in past years.

Nightowl

Very unusual card by Charles and Camilla, I think they are trying to say something in this card about the paramedic as that is what was going on in the world then.   Whatever, it is nice to see them doing something different...I have always thought Charles was a real gentleman....he sure is by that picture.    I think Camilla brings out the best in him, makes him smile and laugh at himself.  People highly underestimate Charles, he is a brilliant man and businessman.   

Nightowl

As soon as I saw the picture of William's and Catherine's Holiday Card and saw Charlotte, I thought there sits Queen Mom her great grandmother........spitting image for sure and Lois is all Middleton, His grandfather Mike totally, George is more William and I think even some of his dad's personality in time will come out.  He looks to be  shy and reserved in public yet at home I bet he is a rambutan little boy.  I really like this card.......a lively beautiful family, Oh William you sure did find the perfect woman for your bride and mother of your children.....a very strong intelligent woman who was born to be a mother and queen consort for the country.

TLLK

Royal Central with its second post on how royals celebrate their Christmas and New Year's holidays.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/christmas-with-the-windsors-how-british-royals-celebrate-134678/  :happyuk: :xmas5:

QuoteEach family has its own Christmas tradition and royal families are no exception. In this installment of our Christmas series on how ruling houses across Europe mark the holidays, we?re headed to Sandringham for a look at how the House of Windsor celebrates the season.
A Very Big Family Lunch

A week before Christmas, the Queen invites the extended Royal Family to Buckingham Palace for a lunch. These festivities are a way for the whole House of Windsor to get together ahead of the big day as many of the Queen?s cousins will be celebrating with their own immediate kith and kin away from Sandringham.
The Queen Takes the Train

If there?s one sight that tells you Christmas is actually, really and quite absolutely just around the corner, it?s the image of the Queen taking the train to Sandringham. In recent years, photos of Elizabeth II, usually in headscarf and very warm coat, railing it up to Norfolk have become part of the British royal Christmas season. Once she arrives at King?s Cross, the big day is imminent.
Christmas Eve at Sandringham

The Royal Family gathers at the Queen?s Norfolk Estate by Christmas Eve and no one wants to be late because this is the time the Queen hands out the presents. Gifts are exchanged after afternoon tea on Christmas Eve with all the neatly wrapped offerings set out on tables and then passed around.

Princess Cassandra

She's right - watching the walk to and from St. Magdalen's is a Christmas tradition itself for many of us.

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen has cancelled next week's traditional pre-Christmas lunch at Windsor Castle for the extended family @5_News.

https://twitter.com/simonvigar5/status/1471439290131533824?s=20