The Last Days, Death, Lying in State and Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II Part 2

Started by TLLK, September 16, 2022, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

What strikes me about the Lying in State (at times of royals at Vigils or not) is how busy it is and also how quiet reverential. The public say nothing, just bow or salute at the coffin and then go.

And it?s great to see females like Bea and Zara at the Vigil. Young James too, maintaining his posture and composure, as indeed they all are. Lovely! A well done to all.

sara8150

Queen's eight grandchildren including Harry in military uniform stand by her coffin in her honour | Daily Mail Online

No more disabled people can see the Queen's coffin | Daily Mail Online

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie say goodbye to their 'dearest Grannie' in Instagram post | Daily Mail Online

Dean of Westminster says Queen's funeral 'on a scale that even Westminster Abbey doesn't often do' | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry and Prince William Join Queen's Grandchildren for Vigil

Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice Share Statement on Grandmother Queen Elizabeth

Royal grandchildren, including Prince William and Prince Harry, follow in parents' footsteps with moving vigil for the Queen ? ALL THE PHOTOS | HELLO!

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie pay tribute to their 'dearest Grannie' ahead of the Queen's funeral - read full statement | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62942184

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62938463

Queen's death: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie pay tribute to 'dear Grannie' | UK News | Sky News

Harry fulfils Charles's wish and wears uniform during emotional Queen vigil with William | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince William leads Queen's grandchildren in silent moment to honour beloved monarch | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry looks broken as he stands next to Queen's coffin with Prince William | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Eugenie supports sister Beatrice in heartbreaking pictures as she stands vigil | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Beatrice and Eugenie share cherished memories of Queen in tribute | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Sophie Wessex in tears watching brave Louise and James stand vigil | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TudorQueen

@Curryong I agree its wonderful to see all the grandkids, not simply the males like with the queen mum. All there to honor Gran.

James did a fine job considering his age and his little exposure to official events. Composed and mature like the rest of them.

How much has changed in 2 weeks for them. William and Kate moved to Windsor only weeks ago to be close to her, changing their kid's school. Now as Prince of Wales he is going to have to more then double his duties and likely be in London more then ever.

Harry and Meghan were back for charity work and then return home to their lives.

Louise all excited to start her first year of university in Scotland.

All reminders how short time can be and how precious.

TudorQueen

The King and queen of Bhutan are on their way to London for the funeral.

Mobile uploads

The king has been in India on an official visit. The queen and their eldest son joined him in Delhi yesterday to make the trip for Monday

Sweet tribute from the York girls including adorable photo

Princess Eugenie on Instagram: "Our dearest Grannie, We've not been able to put much into words since you left us all. There have been tears and

sara8150

sara8150

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuoteKing Abdullah of Jordan has confirmed he will attend Queen Elizabeth's funeral.

sara8150

Lady Louise Windsor wears a horse necklace during vigil for the Queen | Daily Mail Online

The Queen's grandsons display their medals | Daily Mail Online

Finally in his military uniform, Prince Harry's sombre gesture for The Queen, his Commander In Chief | Daily Mail Online

Peter Phillips joins his royal cousins to stand vigil at the Queen's coffin | Daily Mail Online

Dutiful Sophie Wessex supports her children | Daily Mail Online

Sophie Wessex cuddles wellwisher's baby in adorable moment | Daily Mail Online

Queen's Youngest Grandchild, James Severn, Honors Her Coffin at Age 14
James follow William?s footsteps articles says
QuoteJames Severn is one year younger than Prince William was when he walked behind the coffin of his mother, Diana,Princess of Wales on Sept. 9, 1997, at age 15 25 years later rest of history

James is also one year younger than Prince William was when he famously walked behind the coffin of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales on Sept. 9, 1997, at age 15.

sara8150

Prince William and Princess Kate are 'considering taking 9-year-old George to the Queen's funeral' | Daily Mail Online
Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis not come to Queen Elizabeth II?s funeral

Royal fans are struck by likeness between James, Viscount Severn and Prince William | Daily Mail Online

Four magnificent horses from the 'Mounties' will lead the Queen to her final resting place on Monday | Daily Mail Online

Tilda Swinton cuts a sombre figure as she bows her head while viewing the Queen's coffin | Daily Mail Online

Game of Homes!: It's all change for the royals as William inherits vast ?1.2BILLION Duchy portfolio | Daily Mail Online
King Charles get Buckingham Palace,Sandringham,Balmoral,Windsor Castle,Kensington Palace,Birkhall,Clarence House,DUMFRIES HOUSE and the CASTLE OF MEY, Scotland (owned by charitable trusts linked to Charles) and COTTAGES IN ROMANIA

Police charge man with public order offence after a mourner grabbed the Queen's coffin | Daily Mail Online

At the Queen's Coronation, soldiers and the police faced the procession along with the people | Daily Mail Online

Joe and Jill Biden arrive in the UK for Queen's funeral | Daily Mail Online

Invader is tall, dark, handsome - and the horse that will take centre stage at the Queen's funeral | Daily Mail Online

Charles gets busy! New King meets FIVE heads of state in one day | Daily Mail Online

World leaders fly to London for Queen's funeral amid toxic row over invitations to Chinese and Saudi | Daily Mail Online

King Charles III quizzes the Met Police if 'plans are working' ahead of the Queen's funeral | Daily Mail Online

Covid heroes and Iraq war veterans to join world leaders in the procession for the Queen's funeral  | Daily Mail Online

Why Zara Tindall, Beatrice, Eugenie and Lady Louise just made history | HELLO!

sara8150

Biden to pay respects to Queen in Westminster Hall after touching down in UK | UK News | Sky News

Queen's funeral: Public to be able to watch funeral on big screens across UK | UK News | Sky News

Man charged after alleged attempt to grab Queen?s coffin | UK news | The Guardian

Queen's lying-in-state: Man charged under Public Order Act after rushing coffin on Friday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen's lying-in-state: Man charged under Public Order Act after rushing coffin on Friday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Soldiers flown back from Iraq to carry the Queen's coffin - their unique bond with monarch | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

All special to her' Queen's grandchildren join forces to honour beloved grandmother | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-09-17/man-charged-after-person-rushed-to-queens-coffin-in-westminster-hall

Prince William and Kate 'considering taking George' to Queen's funeral advisors say - Mirror Online

Mourners proud to be 'part of history' as they join world's longest queue for Queen - Mirror Online
Definitely history in UK

Two million mourners set to descend on London for the Queen?s funeral with four billion watching on TV | The Sun

US President Joe Biden arrives in London with wife Jill for Queen's funeral | The Sun

The royal women have shown great dignity and strength since the Queen's death - it's what she would have wanted | The Sun

King Charles to seek to amend laws which would relieve Harry, Andrew & Beatrice of constitutional role ? Royal Central

Curryong

Biden to pay respects to Queen in Westminster Hall after touching down in UK | UK News | Sky News

Oh great, so the queues of Britons who really want to see their Queen lying in State are going to be slowed down even more in the little time there is left before the funeral because this old guy wants to see the scene in Westminster Hall. He certainly won?t be waiting in line! Isn?t attending the funeral enough?

And the Queen reminded him of his mother? What the?.! He?s nearly 80 and looks and acts 90. How old does he think the Queen was!

Curryong

Queen's Youngest Grandchild, James Severn, Honors Her Coffin at Age 14

Prince Harry was twelve when he walked, didn?t just stand in homage, but walked quite a distance in front of thousands of mourners and millions more on TV in Diana, his mother?s, cort?ge.

wannable

And has PTSD, his truth as he said no one should let a child walk. And he still has a lot of mental issues IMO.

The parents of James and himself wanted this. I see no problem. Each to their own parenting methods.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 18, 2022, 12:28:08 AM
And has PTSD, his truth as he said no one should let a child walk. And he still has a lot of mental issues IMO.

The parents of James and himself wanted this. I see no problem. Each to their own parenting methods.

I wasn?t referring to the Wessexes as parents, and in fact I was about the first poster to praise James for his poise  on this forum while the Vigil was actually taking place.

What I was referring to is the OTT coverage by the media and commentators, as if no minor had ever taken part in any homage to a relative before.

And I really believe that, huge as this occasion is, the coverage of the event by certain outlets has reached almost hysterical levels in the past couple of days, in the print media especially. No newspaper should be publishing over twenty pages of tribute to a dead monarch in its pages, and talk of a statue and a specially annual day for the Queen in the future. Really!

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on September 18, 2022, 12:28:08 AM

Every child and every parent is individual, anyway.  I saw the interview in which Harry discussed his PTSD.  It wasn't just the walk but if I am remembering correctly he indicated that the PTSD was caused by that whole part of his childhood and youth when his parents' marriage broke down and then she was killed in that tragic accident, all happening within the clicks of cameras and media folk always in his face.  His brother noticed he was in trouble and urged him to get some help, and he did. Then in South Africa he said he had thought he had resolved his issues but now he realizes that his depression (I believe that was his word) will have to be managed.  This is all so different than James Wessex, who is two years older than Harry was, has grown up in a stable home, his parents seem to be happily married, and he hasn't lost his mother in a horrific way.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on September 18, 2022, 12:53:35 AM
I wasn?t referring to the Wessexes as parents, and in fact I was about the first poster to praise James for his poise  on this forum while the Vigil was actually taking place.

What I was referring to is the OTT coverage by the media and commentators, as if no minor had ever taken part in any homage to a relative before.

And I really believe that, huge as this occasion is, the coverage of the event by certain outlets has reached almost hysterical levels in the past couple of days, in the print media especially. No newspaper should be publishing over twenty pages of tribute to a dead monarch in its pages, and talk of a statue and a specially annual day for the Queen in the future. Really!
I think we would be fine with seeing and hearing the footage with less commentary from the media. In other words, letting the scenes speak for themselves.  But I do want to see and hear everything that is happening, and experiencing the funeral and surrounding events almost as if she is someone in my family.   

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on September 18, 2022, 12:05:55 AM

Oh great, so the queues of Britons who really want to see their Queen lying in State are going to be slowed down even more in the little time there is left before the funeral because this old guy wants to see the scene in Westminster Hall. He certainly won?t be waiting in line! Isn?t attending the funeral enough?

And the Queen reminded him of his mother? What the?.! He?s nearly 80 and looks and acts 90. How old does he think the Queen was!
I am American and I don't see why Biden should have his moment (because that's what it usually is with politicians) unless other heads of state do also. And I agree that those who have been in queue for so long should be sidelined. 

Blue Clover