Luxembourg-Birthdays and other milestones

Started by TLLK, January 31, 2021, 10:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TudorQueen

Congratulations to Alexandra and her fiance. Amazes me (besides Louis) how much they manage to keep dating under wraps from media  :flower3:

The Lux royal tradition of well-educated spouses continues. Nicolas has a masters from the Sorbonne.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-bagory-67923b19/?originalSubdomain=fr

Curryong

I saw this yesterday. Doesn?t Alexandra?s ring have pink stones, rather like Eugenie?s, which I love? Nicolas grew up in Brittany apparently, a lovely part of the world I used to visit as a child with my family. He?s got unusual hair too, prematurely white! Congratulations to them both!

TudorQueen

@Curryong It does look like may have pink stones. I actually thought instantly of Eugenie's ring from the photo what little we see.

Alexandra has lived in Paris since finishing her masters so no surprise her fiance is French. I'd love to visit Brittany one day.

TLLK

I expect that the couple will reside in Paris after they marry this spring. Alexandra seems to have been living there too. Here's a little background on Nicolas.

Royal Musings: Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg to marry

QuotePrincess Alexandra is 31 years old.  Her fianc?, Nicolas Bagory was born on November 11, 1988 and grew up in Brittany.  He studied political science and the classics.   He received a master's degree in classics (Latin) from the Sorbonne in Paris.  His undergraduate degree in classics in political science is from Albert-le-Grand University in Angers.

He is a Publications Director, based in Paris.  Mr. Bagory translated Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury's biography of St. Augustine.  The French title is Sur Augustin

Their wedding will take place in the spring.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 07, 2022, 08:32:36 PM
I expect that the couple will reside in Paris after they marry this spring. Alexandra seems to have been living there too. Here's a little background on Nicolas.

Royal Musings: Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg to marry

Thanks for the extra info on Nicolas. Isn?t Marlene Koenig marvellous? I knew Nicolas was well educated but Wow. Even if translating books on saints at an obscure publishers isn?t going to bring in a lot of money it is obviously satisfying to him. And to live in Paris fulltime as a newly wed, beautiful!

TudorQueen

Not bad money in book translating. But he will also make descent money working in magazine publishing.

Both well educated, with a love for history and literature. I can see a happy future in Paris for these two.

Happy news between this and Guillauma/Stephanie baby, the spring should be bright. Certainly happier then this spring with calling off of Louis' engagement.

Curryong

Yes, nothing better than a baby and wedding to lift spirits. I did wonder at the time of Louis? broken engagement whether it had something to do with Tessy being a bit of an exuberant over-sharer in her life and others. Sometimes fianc?es find that sort of personality in their loved one?s ex a bit hard to handle.

TLLK

The Luxembourg Court has released details for Alexandra and Nicolas' wedding.  :hearts: Honestly I believe that this will be an intimate family wedding. Perhaps the only foreign royals will be from Belgium, Lichtenstein  and the non-reigning Hapsburgs because of family relations. The GD's sisters married into the Lichtenstein and Hapsburg families and the Belgians are first cousins.

First details of big 2023 royal wedding revealed ? Royal Central

QuoteAs is usual in Luxembourg, they will have two ceremonies. The first, their civil wedding, will take place at Luxembourg Town Hall on April 22nd 2023.

Their religious ceremony will come a week later. Princess Alexandra and Nicolas Bagory will exchange vows at St. Tryomphe?s Church in Bormes-les-Mimosas in the south of France. Borme-les-Mimosas is a very special place for the Grand Ducal family. They have a home in nearby Cabasson where they have spent many happy holidays. The villa was first bought for the family by Grand Duchess Charlotte, Alexandra?s great-grandmother.

The area is also home to an official retreat of the President of France.

LouisFerdinand

Has anyone noticed that the choice of April 29 for the religious wedding is the same date that on April 29, 2011 Prince William of Wales married Catherine Middleton?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 29, 2022, 08:41:35 PM
Has anyone noticed that the choice of April 29 for the religious wedding is the same date that on April 29, 2011 Prince William of Wales married Catherine Middleton?

I?m sure it?s a coincidence. Even close friends who attend each others? weddings don?t often remember the exact date. And, by the way, 29th April is also the day in 1945 that Adolf Hitler married Eva Braun.

Curryong

Yes, I certainly think that a clutch of Hapsburgs from that huge clan will turn up. I can?t imagine that any royal other than family connections will turn up for this wedding, which I?m sure will be intimate and lovely!

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 29, 2022, 10:06:01 PM
Yes, I certainly think that a clutch of Hapsburgs from that huge clan will turn up. I can?t imagine that any royal other than family connections will turn up for this wedding, which I?m sure will be intimate and lovely!

I believe the royal guest list  will be similar to what we've saw at Prince Felix's 2013  wedding with the  Hapsburgs (Bride's paternal aunt and cousins), a few of the Belgians (First cousins to GD Henri and siblings) and the Liechtensteiners (Bride's paternal aunt and cousins.)

Here's the guest list from Felix's wedding  to offer a possible comparison with plenty of cousins with "of Austria" along with, of Nassau, and  Von und zu Princely Lichtenstein relatives.The Guest List So Far ****

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 29, 2022, 10:34:28 PM
I believe the royal guest list  will be similar to what we've saw at Prince Felix's 2013  wedding with the  Hapsburgs (Bride's paternal aunt and cousins), a few of the Belgians (First cousins to GD Henri and siblings) and the Liechtensteiners (Bride's paternal aunt and cousins.)

Here's the guest list from Felix's wedding  to offer a possible comparison with plenty of cousins with "of Austria" along with, of Nassau, and  Von und zu Princely Lichtenstein relatives.The Guest List So Far ****

Thank you for posting the guest list from Felix?s wedding. Well, I would guess Tessy won?t be present, though you never know, lol! And perhaps all her sons won?t attend. And as for Stephanie, isn?t this wedding scheduled a bit close to Steph?s due date, though of course with babies he/she could be early. I can imagine most of the guests being of a similar familial relationship. It will be interesting to see the groom?s relatives too.

TLLK

Remembering the wedding of GD Henri and GDss Maria Teresa. Happy Anniversary!

Remembering Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg?s glamorous Valentine?s Day wedding | Tatler

QuoteOn 13 February, a gala dinner for 110 guests was held at the Government Palace, before the religious and civil ceremonies on 14 February. While some have proposed that the propitious wedding date was due to a love of the holiday, others have suggested that in Luxembourg, it is not widely celebrated, so they did not actually realise their wedding was taking place on Valentine's Day. Whatever the truth behind the story, it was a glorious day, which saw fellow European royals descending on the tiny principality to watch its eldest son wed his beautiful bride.

And beautiful she was: wearing a stunning custom-made gown by the French fashion house, Balmain. Long-sleeved with a bell-shaped skirt, it featured fur detailing appropriate for the chilly weather in February in western Europe, as well as an impressive two-metre long train.  As befits a royal bride, she also borrowed a tiara from her mother-in-law (despite a frosty relationship), the Belgian Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara (the Grand Duchess had been a princess of Belgium before her marriage). 

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 39th Birthday to Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg.

TudorQueen

Photos on the royal court's website for Stephanie's birthday.  :flower3: :bday10:

Cour grand-ducale Luxembourg on Instagram: "3??9?? ? ? Alles Guddes fir de Gebuertsdag! D?Prinzessin St?phanie seet Iech Merci fir all ?r l?if W?nsch!

Makes me even more excited for the new baby. These two just glow whenever with Charles. Can't wait to see the family of four.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

More wedding news. Princess Alexandra and her fiancee Nicolas will marry civilly in Luxembourg City's City Hall.

Programme of the Civil marriage of Princess Alexandra to Mr Nicolas Bagory | Cour grand-ducale

QuoteHer Royal Highness Princess Alexandra and Mr Nicolas Bagory celebrate their civil wedding on Saturday, 22nd April in Luxembourg-City. The public is cordially invited to welcome the couple, as well as the Grand Ducal Family, at Place Guillaume, in front of the Town Hall.

Curryong

The religious ceremony will follow a few days after that I guess. How exciting for her family and I?m sure all the people of Luxembourg will be happy for the couple. I suppose Stephanie will be well enough to attend? It?s quite soon after the projected birth of baby number two.

Blue Clover

I will enjoy seeing the photos of this wedding!

TLLK

TLLK

Here's the timeline for the Civil Wedding for Princess Alexandra and Nicolas Bagory. The religious wedding will take place one week later in France.

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1649008168729444355?cxt=HHwWhoCwjaqMuuItAAAA

Curryong

Alexandra and Nicholas look very happy. Congratulations to them. The religious ceremony will be very interesting I?m sure.

TLLK

The Civil Ceremony appears to have just been family only, I'm expecting that the religious ceremony is where we'll  likely see their friends and extended family including Alexandra's cousins from reigning royals in Belgium, Lichtenstein and the non-reigning Imperial Hapsburg family.