The Archewell Foundation, Invictus, & other charities, news & activities Part 3

Started by Princess Cassandra, August 27, 2022, 02:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on December 27, 2022, 05:37:48 PM
For Invictus related things, are we allowed to post links from the foundations social media accounts?

Absolutely. Please feel free to share from the 2023 IG Dusseldorf social media. Especially as the Invictus social media often shares updates on the IG preparation and spotlights on the various athletes and teams.

Here's one of their more recent postings.

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1606907594949496834?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

QuoteOn this festive day, a very festive video from us 💛🖤INVINCIBLE - The Invictus Games Anthem presented by the Musical Corps of the German Armed Forces 🥁

Turn up the volume 🔊

Close your eyes 🥁

And enjoy 🤩

Merry Christmas!

changemhysoul

From the website, it looks like they're about to look for the 2027 location.

Call for Expressions of Interest for the Invictus Games 2027 ? Invictus Games Foundation

I hope I can make it to the Vancouver for 2025! And I won't lie, I'm hoping that an American City can get 2027, easier travel.

TLLK

Hopefully IG is going to move on to another continent in the future.  I'd like to see if Asia, Africa or South America will host.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on December 28, 2022, 07:32:18 PM
Hopefully IG is going to move on to another continent in the future.  I'd like to see if Asia, Africa or South America will host.

I didn't think about this but this is true! It doesn't have to be in the following places but since we have the South Korea, Colombia and Nigeria. It'd be good to see.

TLLK

Yes it would be wonderful to see the IG travel to other continents if possible especially since other nations on these continents have injured and disabled veterans as well.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 28, 2022, 07:59:03 PM
Yes it would be wonderful to see the IG travel to other continents if possible especially since other nations on these continents have injured and disabled veterans as well.

Well then hopefully those African and South American nations will put forward an application, and a business plan. These countries would have to provide some viable sports grounds and other facilities, and at least some easy access accommodation without their governments pulling money from other very worthwhile projects to assist. It?s possible but imo it?s more likely to be somewhere in Europe or North America. Perhaps New Zealand could try for it as well.

TLLK

Perhaps other nations on those continents might consider forming a pact to do so. Or the other  past host nations might offer a grant to assist.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on December 28, 2022, 09:18:35 PM
Perhaps other nations on those continents might consider forming a pact to do so. Or the other  past host nations might offer a grant to assist.

Quote from: Curryong on December 28, 2022, 08:37:23 PM
Well then hopefully those African and South American nations will put forward an application, and a business plan. These countries would have to provide some viable sports grounds and other facilities, and at least some easy access accommodation without their governments pulling money from other very worthwhile projects to assist. It?s possible but imo it?s more likely to be somewhere in Europe or North America. Perhaps New Zealand could try for it as well.

I believe that at least for Nigeria that The Invictus Games Foundation is helping them to get their Veteran Services set up in general.

If I had to place bets, I'd see it being in South Korea first. I think they'd have the biggest backing to do it but I also think other nations could pitch in.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on December 28, 2022, 10:06:40 PM
I believe that at least for Nigeria that The Invictus Games Foundation is helping them to get their Veteran Services set up in general.

If I had to place bets, I'd see it being in South Korea first. I think they'd have the biggest backing to do it but I also think other nations could pitch in.

South Korea does have existing airports, hotels, dormitories,
stadiums and facilities from past international sporting events,  so they would be a good choice to host the IG in Asia.

wannable

It will be interesting to see what happens with Invictus and Harry.  In reference to moneys, that was solved or officially notified a day or two before Invictus Games The Hague 2022.

Meanwhile, Military veterans warn Invictus Games is at 'risk of terror attack, Admiral Lord West said: 'There will be serious security issues because of what he said,' saying that the Taliban and terrorist groups...

changemhysoul

Prince Harry's Netflix Show on Invictus Games Coming Summer 2023

Heart Of Invictus is confirmed to becoming this Summer

I assume, it'll drop just a bit before the games in Germany

changemhysoul

MLK Day of Service | Archewell

Archewell for MLK day

This past weekend, The Archewell Foundation joined The Mission Continues Los Angeles Service Platoon for a day of service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior?s legacy. The group worked to beautify Watts Health Center with new outdoor seating, flowers and landscaping. Birthed out of the 1965 Watts Riots, Watts Healthcare started as a grassroots clinic in 1967 and has grown into a comprehensive center that provides an array of essential care to the community including a same-day appointment clinic, preventative care, pediatrics, behavioral health, and more.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 17, 2023, 12:35:20 AM
MLK Day of Service | Archewell

Archewell for MLK day

This past weekend, The Archewell Foundation joined The Mission Continues Los Angeles Service Platoon for a day of service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior?s legacy. The group worked to beautify Watts Health Center with new outdoor seating, flowers and landscaping. Birthed out of the 1965 Watts Riots, Watts Healthcare started as a grassroots clinic in 1967 and has grown into a comprehensive center that provides an array of essential care to the community including a same-day appointment clinic, preventative care, pediatrics, behavioral health, and more.

That was a gracious and thoughtful gesture by both Archewell and The Mission continues to help the patients who use Watts Health Centre. Beautiful flowers in an outdoor setting makes everyone feel better, not just those suffering bad health of course, but it would certainly help make people who are not feeling the best just a bit brighter.

changemhysoul

https://twitter.com/craigspence/status/1615729959120654337

Fantastic to have @WeAreInvictus over at @paralympics HQ in Bonn to discuss major events, share experiences and explore how we can complement each other's missions and activities.

changemhysoul

?On 19 January 2023, on the sidelines of the NATO Chiefs of Defence meeting, NATO hosted members of the Belgian and Dutch Invictus teams for a friendly game of sitting volleyball. This was part of an initiative to help build awareness for
@WeAreInvictus
?

NATO - News: NATO hosts Belgian and Dutch Invictus teams, 19-Jan.-2023

TLLK

:thanks: @changemhysoul for sharing this video and the article. Looks like it was a great opportunity for both teams. Easy to spot the Dutch sports teams every time they compete.  :wink: Now the only information missing is "Who won the match?"  :)

Here's the video from the link above.

INVICTUS GAMES EVENT - 19 JAN 2023, NATO HQ - YouTube

changemhysoul

I'd also like to know who won & np! Sometimes I'm unsure of which Invictus things to share (across the different countries accounts) but when there is an article or etc, I'll link or some big thing like the Paralympics tweet.

I'm really looking for Canada because I can save up and get there easily at least.

I'm also excited for Germany because of the new teams but I felt so sad watching all of the amazing content and not being able to be there.

I wasn't going to be able to do Germany but Canada, I'm banking on you.

Curryong

Wow, missed this completely. What an event, and as always so inspiring! The wounded and maimed contestants need and deserve all the publicity they can garner.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 20, 2023, 10:34:00 PM
I'd also like to know who won & np! Sometimes I'm unsure of which Invictus things to share (across the different countries accounts) but when there is an article or etc, I'll link or some big thing like the Paralympics tweet.

I'm really looking for Canada because I can save up and get there easily at least.

I'm also excited for Germany because of the new teams but I felt so sad watching all of the amazing content and not being able to be there.

I wasn't going to be able to do Germany but Canada, I'm banking on you.

Canada has already held the games, so I wonder if IG is going to consider another continent other than North America, Europe or Australia. Has an Asian country been considered yet ie: South Korea? Iraq? There aren't any teams from Africa or South America yet, so those continents are not likely to be hosts.

Here's the list of the last game's participating teams.

Participating nations - Invictus Games The Hague

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on January 21, 2023, 01:04:33 AM
Canada has already held the games, so I wonder if IG is going to consider another continent other than North America, Europe or Australia. Has an Asian country been considered yet ie: South Korea? Iraq? There aren't any teams from Africa or South America yet, so those continents are not likely to be hosts.

Here's the list of the last game's participating teams.

Participating nations - Invictus Games The Hague

Possibly, they often let countries bid so I guess, it's more about who's bidding and would which city would be able to host.

Last year, it came down to New York, Seattle and Canada.

The 2025 games after Germany are going to be in Canada but that's also because they'll be doing their first winter hybrid games.

Invictus Games 2025 - True Patriot Love Foundation,sitting%20volleyball%2C%20swimming%2C%20wheelchair%20rugby

What's notable is that the Canadian government and Invictus, asked the first nations people for permission to host the games on their land, which will also put money into local establishments.

"The Invictus Games 2025 will be held on the unceded territories of the x ʷ məθ kʷə y əm (Musqueam), S ḵwxw ?7mesh (Squamish), S ə l ?lw ətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations and L ?l wat Nation (Lil'wat). The Invictus Games 2025 are working closely to ensure they respond to Canada?s Truth & Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, and ensure Indigenous protocols are respected in all aspects of the Games."

New Sports include: Alpine Skiing, Nordic Skiing, Skeleton, and Wheelchair Curling

There more reports/videos with the announcement from Justin and a representative of the first nations people. I'm trying to find the video.

Out of what you listed, if there was a country, my bet would be South Korea in the future.

Also, new nations/teams have joined.

From West African, Nigeria & from South America, Colombia have joined this year. As well as Israel

Announcement: International Invictus Community Sees Exciting Expansion with Two New Nations Joining ? Invictus Games Foundation

Israel welcomed as latest member of the Invictus Community of Nations, and is set to attend the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 ? Invictus Games,the%20Invictus%20Games%20Dusseldorf%202023.

I do believe, all will be making it to the 2023 games as well as the 2025 games.

Some tweets:

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/1550164846058115075

."It was great to see new Invictus community member Colombia fly the #InvictusGames flag yesterday!

Flagbearer Daniel Urbina carried it during yesterday's parade to mark the Colombian Declaration of Independence.🇨🇴 #20DeJulio"

https://twitter.com/weareinvictus/status/1536710058347638786?lang=en

"The Invictus Games Foundation is delighted to welcome #Israel to the #Invictus Community of Nations!

In addition, we would like to also announce that Israel and #Colombia have been invited to compete at the
@InvictusGamesDE
D?sseldorf 2023. #aHomeForRespect #IG23"

https://twitter.com/invictusgamesNG/status/1612092168554057730

"Our next endeavour starts this week and would be sharing the amazing stories and experience of our soldiers. Stay tuned #invictusgamesng"

So they've expanded more and I do believe a few months ago, they opened bidding for the host city for the next games after 2025 as well.

TLLK

Thanks for the information @changemhysoul. I love the idea of a winter/summer hybrid Invictus Games to allow more athletes in a variety of sports to compete. Good to see that more athletes from around the globe are joining in the IG family.

Curryong

The Invictus Games is really expanding in numbers and diversity which I think is excellent. As with everything it all comes down to economics and those countries that can?t afford to stage an Invictus Games will not be bidding of course. It appears that Canada will be odds on for the winning bid and that is great.

TLLK

Canada also has the terrain and facilities in place that would be necessary for hosting winter sport events as well as summer ones. Just like they've been able to host both Summer and Winter Olympics and ParaOlympics.  So if IG opts to go forward with a hybrid summer/winter games in the future, that will naturally limit the nations that can host. If Australia and New Zealand choose to host together, then that would could cover both seasons.

Amabel2

Are Invictus going to want the connextion with Harry now that he's admitted to mocking a disabled woman