The Iffy-Wiff Club: Prince Harry and Meghan's future plans Part 1

Started by Nightowl, May 25, 2023, 04:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Mot sure of this so here goes, I just really really hope that the Sussex's somehow get over their anger and hate of the BRF and move on to something positive for themselves. Isn't 3 years of this tiresome for them and all of us royal watchers around the world?   Do something new and wonderful for yourselves and make your children proud of you for a change instead of all the ugliness and drama.

Blue Clover

Charles should guide Harry and help him determine what's next for his family. They seem cast out to sea without the support of the BRF institution.

Nightowl

How can a person guide a family member who has betrayed them amd lied about them?  Trust has been broken and fear of amy conversation with Harry could result it being played in Netflix or on an interview with some reporter or im a new book?  I am of the firm belief that adult children must learn to grow up and suffer their own consequences of their decisions.

Besides how can Charles guide Harry when Harry won't listen to him or anyone except his wife? Harry wants what Harry wants period, he has shown that.

Nightowl

Yet their being cast out to sea is *their choice*, nobody threw them out of the royal family or Firm, it is all their choice and decisions.

Blue Clover

Nightowl, I am a parent, and I've seen family reconciliation occur under conditions that are much, much, much worse than those you describe about Harry. I know a parent's heart, and it is not normal for parents to fully dispose of their children. A parent's love is very, very strong. This family will be reunited at some point in the future. Harry will return, and all will be well. That's my belief.

Let's agree to disagree! :flower:

Nightowl

I agree with you mostly, yet it has to come from Harry as he is the one that has been attacking his family and the family has stayed quiet and have not attacked him, Harry has to grow up and learn from his mistakes and the one thing is that TRUST has been broken totally and once that is broken it is damn hard to repair. As my sister once said to me, *Trust is gained in drops of love and lost in buckets of anger* how very true that is.  As a parent also, and an aunt, and cousin to someone in my family, there was years of broken trust given again and again and again till there was nothing left to give anymore...decades and decades of helping someone who did so much damage to my family, to my church and to my friends till the point of no return and then when told NO finally, that person hit bottom and did not survive, left many broken hearts wondering what did we miss in helping this person, a very intelligent, beautiful and sneaky person who just refused to accept the consequences of their actions...I see so much of that in Harry wanting what Harry wants when Harry wants it now.... to me, Harry is a weak insecure little man child playing at being a grownup getting what he wants when he wants something....the world does not work that way for anyone...we all have to face ourselves and our decisions in life..running away won't work for anyone.    Meghan will survive anything thrown at her, she is one very tough woman while Harry is the opposite..

Thank you for this.... :flower:

Blue Clover

Nightowl,
Okay, so you are also a parent and know a family member who tested the family's love for many years, it sounds like a very difficult experience.
Quote from: Nightowl on May 25, 2023, 10:04:20 PM
I see so much of that in Harry wanting what Harry wants when Harry wants it now.... to me, Harry is a weak insecure little man-child playing at being a grownup getting what he wants when he wants something....the world does not work that way for anyone...we all have to face ourselves, and our decisions in life..running away won't work for anyone.    Meghan will survive anything thrown at her, she is one very tough woman while Harry is the opposite..
Thank you for this.... :flower:

I see this side of Harry as well. However, I also see the BRF's role in creating Harry, Charles III included. And the multiple tragedies he faced as a very young child, and perhaps he was not cared for properly, psychologically, and emotionally after his mother's death. Few children would be whole or healthy after what Harry experienced in childhood.

Once Harry matures, I think there is a road to reconciliation with his father, the King, and that it will probably happen sooner than later.

I watched a video about Juan Carlos, the former King of Spain, and I think some form of estrangement with his father was repaired in the end. Also complicated by the mysterious death of Juan Carlo's younger brother as a child. We can see the impact this had on him. I have to look into it.

Curryong

Certainly the death of infante Alfonso as a result of his own actions had a profound effect upon Juan Carlos for the rest on his life. There?s a lesson there to be learned about messing about with loaded guns, whatever age you are. I think JC is still haunted by it. His own mother never got over it.

My own mother died from cancer when I was eleven. It made a tremendous impact on my life.

Nightowl

Quote from: Blue Clover on May 26, 2023, 02:52:37 AM
Nightowl,
Okay, so you are also a parent and know a family member who tested the family's love for many years, it sounds like a very difficult experience.
I see this side of Harry as well. However, I also see the BRF's role in creating Harry, Charles III included. And the multiple tragedies he faced as a very young child, and perhaps he was not cared for properly, psychologically, and emotionally after his mother's death. Few children would be whole or healthy after what Harry experienced in childhood.

Once Harry matures, I think there is a road to reconciliation with his father, the King, and that it will probably happen sooner than later.

I watched a video about Juan Carlos, the former King of Spain, and I think some form of estrangement with his father was repaired in the end. Also complicated by the mysterious death of Juan Carlo's younger brother as a child. We can see the impact this had on him. I have to look into it.

You mentioned im your earlier comment to me about a *parent's love being very strong*, yet some people are or should not be parent's to amy child ever.  I personally know of a mother and a father who abandoned, abused and dumped their child and that child  survived hell on earth somehow from a small child to an adult  amd is a decent human being today all on her own, She knows right from wrong and even fights with God at times and that is okay with him and her, she is someone  I am proud of. 

I agree with you about Harry's childhood, I don't hate Harry or Megham, I just really don't like them for I see them as selfish and greedy, amd the way they treated HM and Prince Philip in the last years of their lives was despicable .  What I think was missing during  Harry's childhood was love and discipline, it seems he just did whatever he wanted to do regardless of what it was, like what Harry wants, Harry gets just to keep him quiet amd as we are busy now type of people.  Sure he had all the material things money could buy yet  hugs and telling him he is loved is just as if not more important.   And his jealousy of William is am issue even today........I always liked Harry until the dark side of him came into play, that side is deadly and scary!

And what Catherine is doing with *early childhood development* is so desperately  needed  for small children today...I so applaud that. That is positive thinking and I so wish someone would do that here im America.

Thank you Blue Clover for the conversation....learning from all sides of an issue is so worthwhile to me.
It helps me reaffirm my beliefs. 

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on May 26, 2023, 03:22:45 AM
Certainly the death of infante Alfonso as a result of his own actions had a profound effect upon Juan Carlos for the rest on his life. There?s a lesson there to be learned about messing about with loaded guns, whatever age you are. I think JC is still haunted by it. His own mother never got over it.

My own mother died from cancer when I was eleven. It made a tremendous impact on my life.

I don't know much about Alfonso or the Spanish royals of today yet I do understand about about loaded guns as my cousin was killed while cleaning his gun and he knew better as he was an FBI agent. His mom, my cousin Terry to this day has never gotten over it.

I am sorry for the loss of your mother at such a very young age, amd yes, it can and does affect our lives every day.  I cherish grandparents  amd each day of my life as I know all to well that life is the most precious gift given to us.

wannable

Harry and Meghan are both estranged with their families, except Doria, her usefulness in Netfilix lifting the race card. IF they ever make peace with the rich family first rather than the low middleclass family, there WILL BE the perception of money before blood. Because the couple are damaged goods.

IF there weren't damage (to make moneys, they trashed the rich family, damaging themselves), the order wouldn't matter. At this point in time, they damaged Harry's rich family to make moneys, the poor relations won't get them the bacon.

And apparently their future lies in making a movie of their time in the palace.  They are trapped with Netflix, they are in this situation of Do this or else no money. If it happens, then Neil Sean was right with the Netflix ordered them to do more of trash and junk (as I mentioned in the Sussex defunct board). The rumors are attack Charles and Kate.

Nightowl

^The way I see it is that Harry/Meghan jumped from one skillet into a fire, a much bigger more demanding fire as Netflix is.  If there is another movie, TV series.....like the 1st one,  that will be the end of Harry/Meghan for sure im the royal family.  They just can't keep doing the same thing over and and over again, if their goal was to make money, they certainly achieved that yet what is their end goal here? I don't believe this is what Megham had in mind when she married Harry.....this is a stressful way to live a person's life I would think, always thinking of making a dollar, always looking over your shoulder if anyone is around even in  area where they live.  I hope they realize that and make different plans to do something positive for themselves and the children.     

wannable

Back to the Future, the US Political reporter for Daily Mail making claims from the recent past.

Harry and Meghan asked to fly to US on Air Force One with Biden after Queen's funeral but were denied - and Jill didn't attend Invictus Games to avoid upsetting Royals ? so are Sussexes' attempts to become political players in America faltering?
Harry and Meghan have tried a variety of methods to gain access to political figures, including sending gifts and letter writing
The couple requested a ride back to the US on Air Force One after Queen Elizabeth's funeral in September but Biden's staff said no
Jill Biden's wish to attend Harry's Invictus Games was nixed when British officials suggested it may not go down well with the Royal Family By EMILY GOODIN, SENIOR
U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 20:05 BST, 19 July 2023 | UPDATED: 20:37 BST, 19 July 2023

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wanted to ride back to the United States on Air Force One after the Queen's funeral ? but the request was denied by the White House in case it caused a 'commotion,' sources have revealed to DailyMail.com.

Months earlier, First Lady Jill Biden was also invited to attend Harry's Invictus Games ? but the idea was killed amid concerns that the Royal Family may have been offended by her presence there.

Both the failed initiatives are understood to have been part of a campaign by the Sussexes to gain political influence in the US as they settled into life in California. Meghan publicly advocated for paid family leave to lawmakers on Capitol Hill, and worked behind the scenes to connect with the Bidens, DailyMail.com discovered from speaking to many current and former officials in the Biden administration and in the British government.

Harry and Meghan asked to fly to US on Air Force One with Biden after Queen's funeral but were denied - and Jill didn't attend Invictus Games to avoid

Kristeh-H

Everyone loves a happy ending.  If the BRF and the Sussexes could find a way to reconcile, I think many people would be happy for them.  But I am not so convinced it will happen, at least not what I would call a full reconciliation where there is trust again and people are close and loving.  Could there be a type of reconciliation-a truce with no further attacks, and occasional visits?  Yes, I think that is possible, just maybe.  But I for one would consider that more of an uneasy truce than a relationship involving forgiveness, trust, and understanding.

For one thing, reconciliation would have to begin with Harry and Meghan.  So far I have seen no sign at all that either of them ever accepts any accountability for their actions.  If there is a problem, there is always someone else to blame--the BRF, the staff, the press.  I have not seen them ever accept any responsibility for their words and actions.  They have a bad habit of making half-truthful, misleading, and sometimes outright false statements against others.  That would need to change in a big way.     

And as others have said, broken trust is very difficult, if not impossible, to regain.  The person who broke the trust has to work very hard to show that they have changed, and prove it again and again over a long period of time.  Still that may not always be enough.  Sometimes the person who was betrayed just can't bring themselves to trust again and I can't blame them for that.

Yes, Charles is a parent and I'm sure there is always a part of him that will always love Harry.  But love can be complex, and sometimes you can love someone, but still need to maintain some kind of emotional distance from them.  I'm also not so sure that William, Catherine, Camilla, and the rest of the family is willing to accept a reconciliation even if Charles is.

As for maturing, Meghan is what? 41?  Harry is almost 39.  If they haven't matured by now, are they going to?

The above is, of course, my own opinion and some others may disagree.  That's okay, but I do think there's plenty of evidence over the past few years to support my opinion.

wannable

Absolutely - I do think William will reconcile with Harry. IMO the conditions IF it ever happens, H will remain exiled, life imitating art, Duke and Duchess of Windsor - backdoor visits to HMQEII, backdoor visits to King William.  The thing is Charles, whatever he decides to do - he has to consult William, reach an agreement, because W will inherit whatever problems his dad leaves him when Charles passes away. He can't just wish it away.

^ The above article from the DM, the White House staff speaking out USING the Sussexes as collateral damage distraction to Joe's latest forgetfullness (fell asleep at the Oval office with guests in the room), quite sad, considering the couple didn't trash the Biden's, but now the Biden's staff are trashing the couple.

wannable

In reference to the alleged Sussex purchase of Meet me at the Lake, NY Post and other US based media have confirmed that the purchase was actually done by Netflix - giving the Sussexes as #1 chance of producing the film for the remaining moneys, contract.

According to Neil Sean, the deal is Netflix purchased, if the Sussexes are able to produce it, the earnings (remaining contract) will be split between Netflix/Sussexes rather than full remaining for the Sussexes. If they can't produce it, Netflix already has #2 and #3 producers that will do it.

Neil Sean feels Netflix has stitched up the Sussexes/put against the wall with this last option until the contract is done 2025. He said WME and the author knew about the 1, 2 and 3 production options. 

^The stress of being producers with no real CV experience must be a lot of pressure.

Curryong

Neil Sean says a lot of things, none of them at all favourable to the Sussexes or even nice about their children. And much of the gossip he picks up (from Page 6 and other sources) proves to be untrue later on, including pure speculation of his own every day of his life about people (ie the Sussexes) being stitched up, snubbed, humiliated etc etc etc, delivered with a smirk. He?s not there in the Netflix boardroom, nor at Balmoral, KP, BP, Montecito living quarters or anywhere else that matters. He?s just a tiresome little man delivering gossip (often inaccurate/untrue) for a living.

wannable

Maybe, but when Hollywood is also whispering the same/similar news, it's hard to ignore it.

The only thing I know is when one is not CV experienced in an area the stress and pressure is huge. Luckily they have two years and 4 months to make it.

Curryong

Er, as reported by the media. I?d be surprised if ?Hollywood? is ?whispering? about anything apart from the strike by writers and actors, which has meant many cancelled and postponed projects.

wannable

This project is Canadian. The protagonists live in Toronto.

Netflix has hundreds of films from all continents - countries within. I have watched good to great films and series from Asia to Eastern Europe to Middle Eastern productions, including Australia.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 13, 2023, 03:23:11 AM
This project is Canadian. The protagonists live in Toronto.

Netflix has hundreds of films from all continents - countries within. I have watched good to great films and series from Asia to Eastern Europe to Middle Eastern productions, including Australia.

Well you were the one who posted that Hollywood was whispering about the Netflix/Sussex project, and I answered that I don?t believe they are as Hollywood has other things to worry about at the moment. I know that the book is by a Canadian author. However, whether the project is Canadian, Mongolian, Swiss, Swedish or English is neither here nor there. If the book translates well into film it will do well if it doesn?t it won?t.

And I too have watched films from all over the world and not just from Netflix. I used to go watch French, Italian and German films in particular at a time when the only place you could see foreign films of any sort in English speaking countries was at an art house cinema. And Aus SBS channel here shows excellent films from all continents regularly.

wannable

After months of tension between King Charles and his son Prince Harry, there now seems to be hope of a reconciliation on the horizon with talks ongoing between the Sussexes and Buckingham Palace to broker peace between father and son.

According to a well-placed source, Prince Harry is due to fly back to California via London at the conclusion of this year?s Invictus Games trip to Germany next month, with talks likely to take place between the pair on September 17.

Harry and Charles 'set date for peace talks - but Meghan will stay home' - OK! Magazine

Blue Clover

I am very happy to hear about the peace talks between Prince Harry and Charles. After all, they are father and son. Conflict is a part of being in a family. What's most important is healing the rifts and conflicts eventually.

Curryong

IF this is true, and I won?t believe it until it?s over and been confirmed, then it?s a hopeful development in Charles and Harry?s fractured relationship. Nothing more, nothing less.