European, Asian, ME and African Royal Residences, Castles,

Started by LouisFerdinand, March 12, 2018, 07:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Chateau de Vincennes was constructed for King Louis VII of France about 1150.   
Le ch?teau de Vincennes - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

First mentioned in 1223 as the fief of the lords of Lodeburg, Leuchtenburg Castle was acquired by the Counts of Schwarzburg in 1333, then sold to the Counts of Wettin in 1396.     
#DailyDrone: Leuchtenburg Castle - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother liked Barrogill Castle. It was originally named the Castle of Mey.   
Castle of Mey Caithness Scotland - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Here is a staircase in Buckingham House in 1819. I am wondering if this staircase was kept when Buckingham House was reconstructed as Buckingham Palace.     
View of a staircase in Buckingham House, Westminster, London, 1819 Stock Photo: 60164416 - Alamy

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Palais Augarten is in the district of Leopoldstadt, Vienna, Austria. In 1780 it came into the possession of Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II.     
DSCN1300+1297 Palais Augarten, Wien, 6 October - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Castel Sant'Angelo is in Rome. Commissioned by the Roman Emperor Hadrian, the castle was built in 139 A.D.   
Castel Sant'Angelo: prison, barracks and residence of popes - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Wildenstein Castle was property of the House of Habsburg since 1419.   
Pin on Travel

TLLK

Nightowl

Summer House.......... :eyes:  :o........that is what is called a summer house.....good grief, how over the top some egos must of been during that time period.  Yet during that time period in history there were lots of over the top buildings that we still have today.....in fact I do not think anyone in the entire world today could build any one of these palaces or castles like they did way back then.  Our technology today just could not do it I honestly believe. Yet nothing today beat the Pyramids of Ancient Egypt for they are still standing after thousands of years.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Empress Eugenie of France built Villa Cyrnos in Cap-Martin,. across the bay from Monaco, purchasing the land in the name of her niece to avoid difficulties with the French government.   
Cyrnos | Bassin d'arcachon, Le manoir, Arcachon

LouisFerdinand

Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands was built between 1684 and 1686 for stadholder-king William (Willem) III and Mary II of England.   
Paleis Het Loo in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands (4K) - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand