Princess Charlotte General Chat

Started by sara8150, May 02, 2015, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug67

I would only believe her if it was already put out officially by the palace.  She has been wrong and mistaken so many times before.  I really do not consider her an expert or to have inside info

FanDianaFancy

Rumors.
Charlotte, this?hopefully, another silly rumor.

KC3 needs to mske Ed n Sophie D/ D of Edinburgh

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on November 26, 2022, 11:47:48 PM
I like Marlene, who is very knowledgeable about the history of European Royal Houses. However she wouldn?t know any more about Charles?s thoughts re the Edinburgh title than anyone else. And talk of loosening the rights of daughters in Peers families to inherit titles where there are no brothers and for royal daughters to receive them has been really hotting up over recent years, in the name of equality between the sexes. As it should be.

However changing non royal Peerages hasn?t happened yet. The govt has stayed well clear for several reasons. And I just can?t see Charlotte receiving Edinburgh, sorry. It?s too contentious with large numbers of Scots who put up with it just because PP had received it a long time ago, in the 1940s. Things have changed.
What a slap in the face that would be for Edward. I can't believe KCIII would have such awful judgement.

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 27, 2022, 04:09:30 PM
Trending
Duke of Edinburgh

Who are these people who have jumped onto Google and Twitter to find out, though? Foreigners who don?t know about the history of the Dukedom, don?t know about Philip having been the Duke of Edinburgh? Didn?t know that the Queen was once his Duchess? British people ditto? It comes to something quite laughable yet sad that people anywhere have to go quickly go to Twitter because British tabloids are having a ?Guess who?s going to be the Duke of Edinburgh? week. And Twitter users will have no effect whatsoever on Charles?s decisions on the matter, anyway.

wannable

The social media pro monarchy fan bases grew when HMQEII passed away.  Weekly there are 3 or 4 days of the 7 that someone in the BRF is trending.  This didn't happen before.  So when a long time royal watcher tweets something and they have say 10K followers giving it a like/retweet/quote/comment and that replicates and grows, it trends.

I know for example that their is at least 100 royal watcher twitter users that have a very healthy followrs and they tweet a lot. They all were very very active when HMQEII died.

Tech age, social media, especially fast news from Royal Reporters or Royal Watchers like US discuss royalty more in SM then in forums.

Today

Trending
Princess Charlotte

Today

Richard Palmer
@RoyalReporter

4h
Palace officials say no decisions have been taken yet over the Duke of Edinburgh title but they are certainly not ruling out the idea of Princess Charlotte eventually being made Duchess of Edinburgh (though she will surely become Princess Royal).

sara8150

Princess Charlotte could become Duchess of Edinburgh in 'fitting' tribute to Queen - Mirror Online
Remember when Princess Anne died and Princess Charlotte will take Princess Anne?s titles of Princess Royal according to mirror says
QuoteWhen William ascends to the throne, Charlotte could be given the title of The Princess Royal - which Princess Anne has held.

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on November 28, 2022, 04:32:23 PM
Princess Charlotte could become Duchess of Edinburgh in 'fitting' tribute to Queen - Mirror Online
Remember when Princess Anne died and Princess Charlotte will take Princess Anne?s titles of Princess Royal according to mirror says

It?s not just what a certain tabloid says. There were earlier Princess Royals in the 17th and 18th centuries, but in more modern times every Princess since Vicky, the eldest daughter of Queen Victoria, who is the oldest female child of the monarch but not the heiress to the Throne, has received this honorary title. If the monarchy survives into William?s reign then Charlotte will almost certainly be Princess Royal.

As for Palmer, who like the rest of the pack knows nothing but just reports what aides and lackeys say, of course they aren?t going to rule anything out (AS FAR AS THEY KNOW, whoever THEY might be, and very much I doubt the spokesperson has just been in an in-depth discussion about the subject with King Charles?s Private Sec, lol!

An RR could ask is Prince George likely to become chief elephant trainer in chief at the Regents Park Zoo and they are likely to get the same response. Look at what Charles?s people were saying about Camilla?s possible title right up until the time when the Queen spoke out, and see what I mean.

And whether on forums or not, English or not, everybody discussing the RF doesn?t necessarily know a great deal about them. An incredible amount of rubbish gets around on ALL Twitter accounts. 

As for her becoming Duchess of Edinburgh, well, we?ll have to see, but it doesn?t seem likely to me for all the reasons gone into here recently.

wannable

Neil Sean says his sources confirm the title will be for Princess Charlotte.

He goes on stating that this was agreed with Queen, Charles, Edward and Sophie.

WHY THIS SENIOR ROYAL BESTOWED THIS ON WHO - LATEST NEWS #royalfamily #britishroyals #breakingnews - YouTube

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 29, 2022, 11:41:04 AM
Neil Sean says his sources confirm the title will be for Princess Charlotte.

He goes on stating that this was agreed with Queen, Charles, Edward and Sophie.

WHY THIS SENIOR ROYAL BESTOWED THIS ON WHO - LATEST NEWS #royalfamily #britishroyals #breakingnews - YouTube

Oh well, if Neil Sean says so then everything must be true, then! Lol!

Charles says ?Thanks Edward. You can continue as the Patron of the Duke of Edinburgh awards etc. And you and Sophie with opening fish markets at Grimsby and housing blocks in Hull. You won?t be getting the Dukedom and it?s a slap in the face I know, but don?t worry about it. Just carry on!?

And everybody wonders why Harry left that wonderful royal life if that?s the way a younger brother is treated.

Just ponder this, BRF, if you haven?t already. Charlotte will possibly live for another 90 years. Let?s hope that there is no Scottish independence followed by a republic in Scotland then in another say forty, fifty, sixty years. In which case, with Welsh sensibilities in view as well, George?s children will be bearing all English titles (that is if the English monarchy survives another fifty years!) And Charlotte will almost certainly be the last Duchess of Edinburgh by agreement or the neighbours will be very annoyed!

If she were to get the title on marriage, which is how all of the royal dukedoms have been bestowed lately, (another twenty years perhaps) then her husband, if not a Peer, will remain untitled as will her younger brother Louis. She?s unlikely to get it at 18. And let?s hope Louis doesn?t agitate for a title as an 18 year old!

And if Charlotte doesn?t want the royal round and wants a private life and career, which is more than probable? An employer will introduce her to colleagues at work with ?This is the Princess Royal and Duchess of Edinburgh?. And Charlotte says ?Please don?t curtsey, and call me Char!?

wannable

Charlotte is left handed like her dad.

Note in the 1 hour video everyone holding their candle right handed minus William and Charlotte, lefty?s

wannable

Catherine and Charlotte - They watched together and went to celebrate with the ballet organization.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1652434620783181825

wannable

Watched or Charlotte is IN the play/rehearsals?! Lambrook school play?! Not sure, some are fully dressed costumes, other girls aren't....

LouisFerdinand

wannable

^Yes she does. There are two videos of Charlotte at #TheBigHelpOutCoronation taken by a random (s) at the Scouts. Other than speaking what I'd call a upper class English British accent with 'received pronunciation' in video #1 very chatty to her brother Louis, in video #2 she calls the attention of her father from across the room calling him 'Papa', shows him what she's doing.

PrincessOfPeace