97 years since the fall of Imperial Russia…

Started by PrincessOfPeace, March 20, 2014, 02:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteFor 634 years, some form of monarchy had been in operation in Russia, first as the Principality of Moscow, then as the Tsardom of Russia, and more recently, the Russian Empire with some of the most high profile monarchs to ever reign in Europe from Ivan the Terrible to Catherine the Great.

Nicholas II was the last Tsar of Russia, as a successful revolution forced him to abdicate. Nicholas II's reign lasted until March 15, 1917 at which point the Russian Empire fell following his abdication, and the Empire was replaced by a Republic set up by Provisional Government.
More: 97 years since the fall of Imperial Russia? | Royal Central

TLLK

And now there is a new Tsar from the House of Putin.  :wacko:

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ I can imagine that if Putin read your post, he would be smiling at the screen. I think he would fancy himself being the Tsar! :lol:

TLLK

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on March 20, 2014, 07:23:52 PM
^^^ I can imagine that if Putin read your post, he would be smiling at the screen. I think he would fancy himself being the Tsar! :lol:
:nod: :windsor1: I agree!!!

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

LouisFerdinand