Eugenie 'Over the Moon' After Passing Her Driving Test

Started by Allie, January 30, 2009, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry2me4ever

Monika

Daily Mail:

QuoteThe 18-year-old daughter of the Duke of York received coaching from a senior instructor at the Metropolitan Police driving school.

'Apparently, most of the younger members of the Royal Family have been taught by them,' said a source.

I'm sure they are taught a very different type of defensive driving.  I recall seeing footage of Diana being shown how to handle a potential attack, etc.   

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Kuei Fei

No doubt. I remember reading that during her engagement to Charles, Diana was put through certain manuvers, mainly to handle a terrorist attack, one such session a small smoke bomb was thrown at her feet.

wannable

Was that only for the really short period of engagement ? or before engagement ?  After she married she had a driver, security guards and all that entails being Royal !

Or are the maneuvers for passengers too ? Which would sound reasonable.

Kuei Fei

This is just theory, but while they may have a lot of security, I'm sure they have to be taught certain things, like defensive driving, managing to stay calm if there's an attack while they're fulfilling an engagement, that sort of thing.

They have their bodyguards, but I'm sure they have to be taught how to handle themselves if some maniac gets past all that.

For example, no one thought someone would try to attack Princess Anne, kidnap her, but some maniacs did try and Anne did defend herself. I am sure that they did put Diana through some of the manuvers so she would know how to handle herself. If during a walkabout someone did decide to attack the royals it would be vital for them to be able to handle themselves if their security got shot and someone threw a bomb. The royals I am sure have been taught how to handle themselves too during a hostage situation as well. Stuff like this happens and the royals live with it day in and day out.