King Charles III and the Queen Consort's offical overseas travel Part 2

Started by TLLK, October 01, 2021, 05:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The King's speech to the French Senate today.

King Charles Pledges to Strengthen Relationship Between UK and France - YouTube

QuoteThe King has pledged to do whatever he can to strengthen the "indispensable relationship" between the UK and France in a historic address to the nation's senate.

Charles became the only British monarch ever to speak from the French senate chamber on the second day of his state visit to Paris and Bordeaux.

In a speech delivered in English and French, the King told of the "friendship and warm familiarity" between the two countries, as well as the unity on issues such as climate change and foreign military aggression.

TLLK

Video of the King and Queen at Notre Dame cathedral. They were accompanied by President and Madame Macron. The group met with first responders, architects and stone masons as they viewed the ongoing restoration work.

King and Queen Meet Notre Dame Firefighters and Visit Fire-damaged Cathedral - YouTube

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 22, 2023, 12:09:15 PM
Video of the King and Queen at Notre Dame cathedral. They were accompanied by President and Madame Macron. The group met with first responders, architects and stone masons as they viewed the ongoing restoration work.

King and Queen Meet Notre Dame Firefighters and Visit Fire-damaged Cathedral - YouTube

What a really interesting visit that must have been. To see the restoration work in front of your own eyes explained as this magnificent ancient building is being brought back to something of its past glory. Wonderful!

TLLK

Yes @Curryong I would have loved to have been a part of that group as they met with those responsible for the restoration work. It doesn't appear that the group toured inside Notre Dame. Perhaps the work is at a point where it would be unsafe for anyone to enter?

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 22, 2023, 03:08:20 PM
Yes @Curryong I would have loved to have been a part of that group as they met with those responsible for the restoration work. It doesn't appear that the group toured inside Notre Dame. Perhaps the work is at a point where it would be unsafe for anyone to enter?

So they didn?t at any point enter any part of Notre Dame to see any restoration? I must have misunderstood. I didn?t think the four of them had a whole tour but I believed they saw some of the work going on from a distance. Well, that?s a shame. However, there might well be another opportunity in years to come, although of course it is a very very longterm endeavour. I still think some workman was careless with an electric tool.

TLLK

@Curryong-I may be mistaken but from the video that I watched, it appeared that was not open to the public yet. The group was outside in the plaza in front of the cathedral where the stone masons were working.

wannable

Back at Balmoral this weekend, King Charles and Queen Camilla will reflect with quiet satisfaction on a triumphant state visit to France, their mission fulfilled to boost the entente cordiale between Britain and France. Charles's bromance with President Macron will delight ministers and courtiers and the calls of ''Vive le Roi!'' from crowds in Paris and Bordeaux will have been music to Charles's ears.
The King travelled to France on the advice of the government, but the itinerary of 22 engagements was filled with issues that top his own agenda - climate, community and culture. Next up, his ''fourth C'', the Commonwealth, with another state visit to Kenya understood to be on the cards in a matter of weeks. After a successful state visit to Germany earlier this year too, Charles, 74, continues to be a beacon of soft power on the global stage.

Roya Nikkhah, Royal Editor
Saturday September 23 2023, 6.00pm BST
The Sunday Times

Roya Nikkhah claims the next soonish tour for King and Queen is Kenya.

TLLK

I'm glad that the possibility of a  Commonwealth nation tour is on the horizon for KCIII and QC.

sara8150

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on October 07, 2023, 10:53:30 PM
Is Charles set to fly into a new 'end the monarchy' row with his visit to Australia? Palace aides are drawing up a plan for the King's Sydney trip
Article says King will tours Australia next year October 2024 but no date for trips till confirmed from Buckingham Palace

Well, he?ll be waiting for a heartfelt invite for a while. The PM and 99% of his Cabinet are republicans. The Govt has got this referendum on The Voice coming up, the vote is on the 14th, next Saturday, and it looks like it?s going down. There will be that aftermath of that and then Xmas looming. Albanese might send off an invite for Charles before Xmas as a goodwill gesture of sorts. The Aussie tax payers will pay for the majority of the visit of course.

TLLK

TM will undertake a State Visit to Kenya at the end of October. This is their first State Visit to a Commonwealth nation.

https://www.royal.uk/Kenya-announcement

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1712060656495579237

QuoteThe visit will take place from Tuesday 31st October to Friday 3rd November 2023, and will celebrate the warm relationship between the two countries and the strong and dynamic partnership they continue to forge.

The visit is at the invitation of President Ruto and comes as Kenya prepares to celebrate 60 years of independence. His Majesty?s first visit to a Commonwealth nation as King is therefore to the country in which Queen Elizabeth II?s reign began, having acceded to the throne in Kenya in February 1952.

The King and Queen will visit Nairobi City County, Mombasa County and surrounding areas. Their Majesties? programme will reflect the ways in which Kenya and the United Kingdom are working together, notably to boost mutual prosperity, tackle climate change, promote youth opportunity and employment, advance sustainable development and create a more stable and secure region.

During the visit, Their Majesties will meet President Ruto and the First Lady as well as and other members of the Kenyan Government, UN staff, CEOs, faith leaders, young people, future leaders and Kenyan Marines training with UK Royal Marines. The King will also attend an event to celebrate the life and work of the Nobel Laureate the late Professor Wangari Maathai, together with Wangari?s daughter, Wanjira Mathai.

PrincessOfPeace

Ahead of #StateVisitKenya, the King has just met African business leaders and special guests, convened by @PrincesTrustInt's Africa Advisory Board, at a reception at the Garrison Chapel, London SW1.

https://x.com/MajestyMagazine/status/1714650037895020904?s=20

TLLK

wannable

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine
Ahead of #StateVisitKenya, the King and Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace on 24 October for Kenyan diaspora in the United Kingdom.

TLLK

The King and Queen are enroute to Kenya today.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1718955311640334773

QuoteThe King and Queen are on their way to Kenya for a four-day visit which will take in the best of the country, from its young tech entrepreneurs and creatives to its beautiful forests and coastline.

sara8150

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuoteKing Charles & Queen Camilla have landed in Kenya.

The 4-day State Visit officially begins in the morning.

TLLK

Colorful photos from today's first official day in Kenya with the welcoming ceremony and reception.

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

wannable

anna
@tokkianami

''It was here, in sight of Mt Kenya, that my son, The Prince of Wales, proposed to his wife, now my beloved daughter-in-law.''

https://twitter.com/i/status/1719419290829619671