William-Mental Health & Bullying Patronages & Charities

Started by TLLK, October 14, 2015, 10:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

TLLK

Child Bereavement UK @cbukhelp
Not long until CBUK's 21st birthday event at #banquetinghouse attended by HRH The Duke of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal

wannable

This event is in progress, he gave a speech about grieving children, loss of parents, his mom.

Quote.
Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' 

Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

PaulaB

My mum said that my dad  (who died at 72) never recovered from the suicide of his mother when he was a child.  It affected him always, christmas was the worst and his birthday.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on October 15, 2015, 08:00:51 PM
This event is in progress, he gave a speech about grieving children, loss of parents, his mom.

Quote.
Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' 

Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

Glad to see him paying tribute to her involvement with CBUK. :)

Double post auto-merged: October 15, 2015, 10:33:09 PM

Prince William opens up about Princess Diana's death | Royal | News | Daily Express

Additional story from the Express on tonight's event.

Double post auto-merged: October 15, 2015, 10:38:17 PM

Prince William at bereavement charity dinner 21 years after Princess Diana attended its launch | Daily Mail Online

Jennifer

QuoteWilliam talks about his mother's dedication to children's charity

21 years ago, Child Bereavement UK was launched by Princess Diana. The organisation supports families of children who have died or children who are dying, as well as it supports children who have lost a parent.

Today, Diana's son, Prince William, is royal patron of the charity, and so he attended the 21st anniversary dinner last week. Here, giving a speech, he remembered his mother and her great dedication to the cause.

"What my mother recognised back then -– and what I understand now — is that grief is the most painful experience that any child or parent can endure," William said referring to the pain he himself experienced following his mother's targic death in 1997.

Read more:
William talks about his mother's dedication to children's charity | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

It's unfortunate that cyberbullying is causing girls to suffer from eating disorders and boys to commit suicide. More people should definitely find drastic actions prevent it. As a father, Prince William is very concerned about this issue. He has a new cyberbullying plan with ideas to end the problem and will speak to the Founders Forum soon.

QuotePrince William Partners with Social Media Giants in Plea to End Cyberbullying

Having children can open your eyes to conditions and events that may have before passed your notice. Many people have commented on how parenthood has changed their perspective of the world and helped them to reassess their priorities. Seemingly, Prince William is not to be an exception to this anecdote.

Speaking recently to the Founders Forum conference in Watford, His Royal Highness has issued a general call to arms against cyber bullying and harassment of young people via the internet and social media to the investors, developers and online companies present at the conference. After a lighthearted warning not to spoil the results of the England vs. Wales football match that was taking place the same day, Prince William discussed how widespread and essential communications technology has become within the past fifteen years, and how this has brought into public debate their potential use for more subversive activities and interactions, such as extremism, invasion of privacy, and security of personal data. In particular, it's capacity for new and increasingly invasive means of harassing and bullying one's peers.

Read more:
Prince William Partners with Social Media Giants in Plea to End Cyberbullying – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

A visit to Child Bereavement UK

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a @cbukhelp centre in Stratford, London on January 11th to mark its one year anniversary

TLLK

arusha

:thankyou: :thankyou: for your care regarding child bereavement willy. Much appreciated.

Duch_Luver_4ever

lovely message and idea, esp poignant with both he and Harry talking about how they wish theyd said more in that last call with Diana :flower:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE VISIT THE BBC TO HIGHLIGHT WORK TO COMBAT CYBERBULLYING

Broadcasting House, London

Thursday 15th November 2018

To mark Anti-Bullying Week, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit The BBC to view the work the broadcaster is doing as a key member of The Duke?s Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying.

Their Royal Highnesses will meet young people who wrote and performed in a new campaign video for ?Stop, Speak, Support?, which is a youth-led code of conduct to provide guidance on what to do when they witness bullying online. The campaign was started by the young persons? panel on the Taskforce and is now being run by the Anti-Bullying Alliance, which is rolling out materials to thousands of schools across the country.

The Duke and Duchess will also meet parents and children who have been helping guide the latest tech developments from the BBC to help young people online, and join BBC Director General Lord Hall as he announces the broadcaster?s latest initiative. Further details will be confirmed in due course.

His Royal Highness and The Royal Foundation convened the Taskforce in May 2016, to support young people and their families affected by cyberbullying, with a focus on 11-16 year olds.

The Duke brought together some of the world?s most recognisable names in media and tech, as well as children?s charities and parents, to work alongside a panel of young people to try and find a way forward. Together they set themselves the task of creating a safer and more supportive life online.

Chaired by tech entrepreneur Brent Hoberman CBE, the Taskforce members include: The Anti-Bullying Alliance; Apple; BT; The Diana Award; EE; Facebook; Google; Internet Matters; Music.ly; NSPCC; O2; Sky; Snapchat; Supercell; TalkTalk; Three; Twitter; Vodafone and Virgin Media.

TLLK

wannable

Prince William is to write to the family of tragic schoolgirl Molly Russell, 14, who killed herself after viewing self-harm images online
Duke of Cambridge to write letter to her family as apart of cyberbullying work
Molly Russell ended her life in November 2017 after viewing harmful online content linked to depression, self-harm and suicide
The Prince has criticised tech companies before of 'being on the back foot'
By William Cole For Mailonline
Published: 13:49 GMT, 24 March 2019 | Updated: 14:23 GMT, 24 March 2019

The Duke of Cambridge is planning to reach out to the family of 14-year-old Molly Russell, who took her own life after viewing disturbing material online, it is understood.
Prince William is expected to contact the teenager's relatives by letter this week as part of his work around cyber-bullying.
Molly, from Harrow, north-west London, was found to have viewed content on social media linked to anxiety, depression, self-harm and suicide before ending her life in November 2017.

Earlier this month, a pre-inquest review hearing heard police say were confident they could access Molly's electronic devices to view the internet history data.
The duke has previously spoken out about social media companies and their responsibilities to stop the spread of harmful material online.
In a speech at BBC Broadcasting House in London in November, he accused tech giants of 'being on the back foot' when tackling issues such as cyber bullying, fake news and hate speech.
'I had doubts being cast about the scale of the problem.
'I was told companies were already doing plenty, and just needed more credit for it.
'I saw denials about the ages of young children who are using  some of our most popular platforms.'

Prince William writes to family of Molly Russell, who killed herself after viewing self-harm images | Daily Mail Online

Princess Cassandra

This is such a terrible issue, and I'm glad William is highlighting it in this way. Adolescence is a stressful time for many,  filled with self doubt, insecurity, and the desire to be accepted by their peers. They often have suicide ideology that as adults we would never expect or understand. But the scariest thing is the copy-cat suicide attempts.  I think the Cambridge's are correct when they say that you counteract with frank and helpful discussions about mental health.  Meanwhile, those poor parents. - can't imagine what it's like for them now.   

oak_and_cedar

Social media does get out of hand at times I feel. Some comments are "too much". And it gets overwhelming even for adults.
Imagine how teens feel?

Princess Cassandra

Yes, you are right, but the cat is out of the bag. How can content on social media be monitored? It's probably best to teach the young how to deal with cyber bullying and other bad behavior and not do it themselves.  It's the parents' responsibility, at least at this point, so I cringe when I see very young (like pre-teens) on their phones, ignoring everything else around them.  I'm sure they didn't purchase those phones by themselves. Ugh.

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 28, 2019, 02:47:21 AM
Yes, you are right, but the cat is out of the bag. How can content on social media be monitored? It's probably best to teach the young how to deal with cyber bullying and other bad behavior and not do it themselves.  It's the parents' responsibility, at least at this point, so I cringe when I see very young (like pre-teens) on their phones, ignoring everything else around them.  I'm sure they didn't purchase those phones by themselves. Ugh.
I see adults doing exactly the same staring at their smart phones or having loud inane conversations on them..

wannable

The majority of are vendors or jobs on the go (tiger world compare and contrast customer service, delivery service, technical assistance, etcetera, WIFI sale point from any of these domicile services, at your place in 2 to 30 minutes) rather than the sitting at the office 9 to 5. The other group of people are millennials (students, recent grads) or housewives or trust fund babe with A Contact Book.

If you do not belong to any of the above, one can safely say your life is a sit in office (any job that's in a building, school), you contacted from office or home the whatever need in this tech world, so you have no need to call again whilst doing errands. You are not a millennial.

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

On Tuesday 21st May The Duke of Cambridge will help launch the #SaferThames campaign to help prevent accidents and self-harm incidents on the River Thames.