Prince Harry Attends 100 Women In Hedge Funds Gala

Started by HsHCharlene, October 15, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HsHCharlene

It was posted online via twitter. The man on the left isn't William but one of Harry's support staff. Ed Lane Fix(?) Not sure.

Also online is a posted invitation for Harry's Invictus thank you gala at Buckingham Palace. Not sure if it's tonight or not.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/fa98e2883e1bca7191e2f0afc3c55cb1/tumblr_ndi9xlOZOA1swd44ko1_1280.jpg

Edit: The person said it was otnight so that party for Harry last month was for his birthday.

TLLK

Nice to see that those who were involved in the planning, organization and production of this event are being honored.

HsHCharlene

Limabeany

:thanks: @HsHCharlene Someone said he looks like a waiter, I agree! He and William really need the number of Charles' tailor. His hair is so disheveled... A comb would be very helpful to him.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

I don't mind his hair, but I agree on the waiter point.  I have never liked double-breasted suits, and the length of that jacket really exacerbates the problem. 

SophieChloe

I see no problem with the length of his jacket. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Canuck

I prefer a slightly shorter tuxedo jacket length on men.  That said, having seen some more pictures (Harry's night out with the ladies: Prince joins 200 of the world's leading businesswomen at charity fundraising gala... and jokes at ending up being) my issue is really with the double-breasted style. 

Harry is a very attractive man who presumably spends a considerable amount on his suits; none of them should make him look as bad as this one does.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

On second viewing he does look rather fuddy-duddy. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

HsHCharlene

Limabeany

Quote from: SophieChloe on October 16, 2014, 09:23:58 PM
On second viewing he does look rather fuddy-duddy.
:happy15: It's like he borrowed the suit from Charles!  :happy15:

TLLK

Quote from: HsHCharlene on October 16, 2014, 09:40:44 PM
Prince Harry hosts gala with more than 200 women - and is seated between two men - Mirror Online
Gonna by a number of disappointed ladies tonight. :P

Double post auto-merged: October 16, 2014, 10:18:07 PM

Quote from: Limabeany on October 16, 2014, 08:05:23 PM
:thanks: @HsHCharlene Someone said he looks like a waiter, I agree! He and William really need the number of Charles' tailor. His hair is so disheveled... A comb would be very helpful to him.
I wonder if the disheveled look is an attempt to make his hair look thicker and to cover some thinning areas. William is a lost cause but Harry can work with what he still has. :)

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on October 16, 2014, 10:17:01 PM

Quote from: Limabeany on October 16, 2014, 08:05:23 PM
I wonder if the disheveled look is an attempt to make his hair look thicker and to cover some thinning areas. William is a lost cause but Harry can work with what he still has. :)
It could be, but it looks awful... But, maybe I am just a bit old for the disheveled look.  :hide: William's thinning areas are a lost cause but his hair works quite well for him in terms of the mature lifestyle and look he goes for. But Harry should befriend a comb, at least William doesn't look as if he has waged a war on them!  :happy15:

v_voom

Quote from: SophieChloe on October 16, 2014, 08:52:25 PM
I see no problem with the length of his jacket.

Mental note to myself next time:

Always read previous posts to get a clear story. So, no need to raise my eyebrows when the sentence starts with ' I see no problem with the length of his.......'. Also, a jacket is just a jacket, not a euphemism for anything else.

Your post gave me a good chuckle,SophieChloe.  :blowkiss:
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

robynrose

Not a fan of double breasted suits either . Imagine if he wore a Tom Ford suit . People would complain if he got a lot of new clothes but I would not be one of them . I still love the tan suit he wore on the Jubilee tour . Perfect . I hope there is a video of his speech

Curryong

I also wish that he would buy at least three new suits and a tux AND some new casual wear.

Double post auto-merged: October 17, 2014, 07:33:04 AM

Harry, in his speech 'I'm not entiely sure who made the seating plan but I am sitting between two men. I thought it would just be 100 women and myself.'

Oh Harry! :vday4:

Eri

tiaras

bad suit ,double chin  :unsure: not taking care of himself will turn him into will 2.0 in the next few yrs lol minus the balding ,his clothes and overall appearance isnt well taken care off ,just like willy boy  :thumbsdown: one of their main jobs is to be presentable and they fail that too lol

Curryong

Limabeany

Quote from: Curryong on October 17, 2014, 02:50:39 AM
Harry, in his speech 'I'm not entiely sure who made the seating plan but I am sitting between two men. I thought it would just be 100 women and myself.'

Oh Harry! :vday4:
:hehe:

cinrit

QuotePrince Harry Attends the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala Dinner

Prince Harry had dinner with more than 200 women but made a joke about being seated between two men.

He was at a fundraising gala dinner at the Royal Hospital Chelsea in west London held by 100 Women in Hedge Funds (100WHF) to raise money for children's charity WellChild.

Dressed in a tux, and addressing a room full of professional women in evening gowns, he said: "Thank you all very much for coming this evening.

"I am not entirely sure who made the seating plan but I am sitting between two men.

"I thought it would just be 100 women and myself."

There were approximately 260 people at the dinner and the vast majority were women.

More: Prince Harry attends the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala Dinner

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

robynrose

Thanks for the video . I love his sense of humor

cate1949

he is a charmer but he does need to get a new tux - the one he wears is too big and so out of date -

wannable

Lovely sense of humour, although the ultra feminist hisforher don't like...boo hoo.

His speech, oh dear, he has also been touched by the Kate Effect, unbiasly he made a 30 second fluffy speech seeing the paper every two words. Did I see a touching of hair? It was probably the first time he read the speech, does he even know the indepth of this organization?!