William & Kate Attend Place2B Annual Conference of Charity

Started by cinrit, June 30, 2014, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

Coming out of a conference about children with addicted parents, I'd be tense, too.  Yes, she is thin, but not overly so.  She may always be thin.  Some people are.  It runs in my family. :shrug:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

She seems tense more than empathetic for what she has heard...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

Here are four photos for those who got the long-running script at the JustJared site.

The Duchess of Cambridge at conference | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

She looks tense and thoughtful, and who wouldn't after hearing the stories she probably had heard earlier? 

Cindy

Limabeany

Kate is not exactly known for being empathetic and doesn't look it, more tense than anything, but perhaps she, of she can summon an emotional connection might be motivated to work more ha she shops and does her hair...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

Actually, those who have met her on engagements say the opposite, that she is very empathetic.

Cindy

TLLK

^^^Considering that the couple were both emotional at the children's hospice visit in Australia, then I do believe each is capable of empathy.

Rebound

So, comments about her looks when she looks good (showoff, spends too much time on clothes and hair) and when she looks bad (must be sick or miserable). She and William spent time and effort on a charity (must be because of Pippa's interview, or she's only there because of recent complaints about kitchens).

Those pictures were taken within the space of a few seconds. 30 seconds either way, she would look different. Have you (not aimed at any specific person) ever had a bad photo taken?! (I never have a GOOD photo taken!)

TLLK

^^^The Dept. of Motor Vehicles does its best to take the worst photos of CA drivers.  :thumbsup:

cate1949

those who have seen her in person also say she looks very  thin and frail -

The sequence of pictures - not just one - she looks worried about something and I doubt it is what she heard at the conference.  Note the ladies behind her who were at the same conference who are yukking it up with Will.

Kate is not naturally thin - pics of her before the wedding make that clear.  But whatever........

I do think it is great Will was with her and showed an interest in what she is doing with this charity. 

FanDianaFancy

Pensive looking.  Caught in  her  thought  about  those kids...how lucky she is...Not Thy by Grace of God as  we  say  here. It  is a saying.
I  do not think we can blame her  for having a moment in thought caught on camera.

Good outfit  for  such a place. A dress.  High  neckline. At mid to low thigh length.

She looks  great. She is naturally a pretty  girl and  slendar, good legs. She  needs not to go any  fasting /faddish type  diet .
For  healthy skin,  eating right helps hair  and skin.

This was a MOST, VERY WORTHY  cause.
I wish, as I said before, TPTB  and/her can  make  one thing  like this  her focal point.  Consistent.

Telling kids and youngsters and young people DRUGS do not work. Never did work.

Limabeany

Quote from: cinrit on June 30, 2014, 11:27:07 PM
Actually, those who have met her on engagements say the opposite, that she is very empathetic.

Cindy
I think she is nice enough. They are royal fans happy to be around a Princess...

georgiana996

She doesn't look bad she looks unhappy  :blank:

This is only the second time shes worn Tory Burch , I dont get it for someone running in those circles her fashion knowledge  is very poor , even pippa is well versed with the brands and styles , kate doesn't have any sort of basic knowledge regarding these things  :shrug: I am sorry if this is harsh but I know if you are mixing with that circle starting from 14/15 you know your way around designers  :shrug:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Limabeany

My guess is this was left private because of all the criticism they have been facing and didn't want to face the media... That must be why she looks so tense/unhappy. Everyone else is smiling, I doubt she is the most sensitive person there so whatever is going on with her, it's personal...

georgiana996

She doesnt look well and not to call her a hardworking gal but some of the hate is overkill like online etc people enjoy anonymity and send whatever atrocious comment they want mostly targeting celebs not even for a minute thinking they are human beings too . Like what if someone said those things about your family without any proof to back it up or judged every outfit , makeup hair style you ever had , went through old photos and called you names ....wouldnt you feel bad ?some would suicide imo its ridiculous how people expecially women have been attacking her like its their job .like she runs the monarchy and can tell the queen how much she would like to do and the organisations she is patron of to stop what they are doing and allow her to barge in just so that there can be more pics of her working for these people to bash :(
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

PaulaB

Quote from: TLLK on July 01, 2014, 12:41:34 AM
^^^The Dept. of Motor Vehicles does its best to take the worst photos of CA drivers.  :thumbsup:

My drivers license picture looks more like a mug shot!

cate1949

agree that criticism of Kate can border on the irrational - and she does take the blame  - all of the ire people have about the kitchens etc is being directed against her - as if Will, PC and  the Queen were innocent bystanders who never were involved.  Some people take this tack - not all of course.

Limabeany

I agree that much of what is said is over the top, but I also believe, if she concentrated on working, there would be much more defense on her based on her contribution and doing the best she can and the criticism would not only not have gotten this far because many people who criticize her are also hardworking sensible people who are simply fed up with the admiration reaped upon someone who only seems to look good and is the wife of the future King... The only thing people can use to defend her right now is "loving mother" "loving wife" "pretty" "many people like her" "she is close to her family" and those are attributes that many people who are concerned about the world have and do not make her more or even as special as hard-working loving people... I think the problem is she did not realize this was not a celebrity status but a working position because William has never treated it as such. So, the expectations must be daunting for her, especially as ill-prepared as she was for any type of work given her upbringing, shockingly enough by working parents who thought their children should not have to work...

TLLK

Not surprised to see that some of the conferences and meetings that royals participate in are closed to the media circus. IMHO it isn't necessary to always have the flag waving crowds at these types of events if it is to review the progress of the project and continue discussion on its direction.

The press might feel differently especially if the royals involved are guaranteed to generate more sales/clicks.

Limabeany

Kate and William need to work more, media clicks or not their image is far from the goodwill wedding feel at this time...

FanDianaFancy

Closed to meaid, fine. Diff case might  warant that  type of visit.

Everything thing they do and support  has to be, must be reported even if it is after the fact.
PR  and perception  of supporting their country and goodwill of the people and all of that stuff is important in their position.

TLLK

Personally I don't believe it is necessary but I can see that there are those who want a full tally for each and every event. To be honest, I'm not sure that this engagement will count as part of their tally for 2014 as it was meant to be private. Will have to see if it made the Court Circular.

Limabeany

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on July 01, 2014, 06:22:25 PM
Everything thing they do and support  has to be, must be reported even if it is after the fact.
PR  and perception  of supporting their country and goodwill of the people and all of that stuff is important in their position.
And, especially important given their reputations as Mr. Reluctant and Mrs. Lazy...

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at The Royal Society of Medicine in London on Monday to attend a conference on children's mental health.

The Royal couple were there to widen their knowledge on children's mental health issues as they both listened to the keynote speech at the annual 'Place2Reflect' event, which is put on by mental health charity 'Place2Be.'

The Duchess of Cambridge, who is a Patron of 'Place2Be,' is no stranger to raising awareness of children's health issues. On Tuesday she visited the Blessed Sacrament School in Islington. Catherine discussed the counselling project M-PACT Plus, which works to help children born or growing up with families affected by drug or alcohol misuse.
More: http://royalcentral.co.uk/cambridges/duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-attend-childrens-mental-health-conference-33812