Prince George's Trip to Australia and New Zealand with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 07, 2014, 03:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteHis mother is know for being a fashion trendsetter and just hours after he touched down in Sydney, it appears young Prince George is following in her footsteps.

The Duke of Cambridge was seen holding a kangaroo bag for his son as he waited to board a flight to New Zealand.

The Australian Koala Foundation is one of the stockists of the bag and sold out of its remaining stock of the bag this morning.
More: Young Prince George and his kangaroo bag arrive in Sydney | Mail Online

cinrit

QuotePrince George's Kangaroo Toy Bag Sells Out

Prince George of Cambridge's cuddly kangaroo backpack has sold-out just hours after his father Prince William debuted the item on his arrival in Sydney on Monday.

The eight-month-old bag features the Australian animal carrying a joey and now parents have gone out of their way to order the item online at the Australian Koala Foundation website it seems.

Vendors have been forced to display a 'This product is out of stock or unavailable' message to those hoping their tot will be as fashionable as Kate Middleton's little boy.

Customers flocked the purchase the carrier when images emerged of the Duke and Duchess taking the tiny royal onto Wellington, New Zealand for the next leg of their journey.

More: Prince George's kangaroo backback sells out - hellomagazine.com

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteAt just eight months old, the Prince had the eyes of the world upon him as the family arrived in New Zealand.

And he looked to be coping with the attention well as he calmly faced the media as the Royals touched down in Wellington International airport.

He has only been photographed in public on a small handful of occasions  - most notably when his proud parents introduced him to the world's press outside the hospital where he was born.

There are likely to be a number of photos from the tour which will document the Prince's first Royal trip.

William and Kate will be staying in the Wellington area, where they will have a break from their engagements tomorrow.

On Wednesday, they will be joined by George at an event attended by nurses, parents and young children from the Plunket parents' group.
More: The world watches Prince George begin his first Royal tour of New Zealand and Australia | Royal | News | Daily Express

Limabeany

[mod]Brought together all the George threads on the Oz trip. Post away! [/mod]
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

georgiana996

I liked the coat too  :blowkiss: at least it's not beige .
Did anyone feel the way Kate held George was wrong while I was reading comments the criticism was heavy on how she held George , plus some added comments  from my mum who literally demonstrated with a pillow saying the babies head should face the back with the child leaning on her shoulder ...idk for me it was fine , I've held babies like that so ...  :shrug: 
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Limabeany

George is feisty but it comes accross as they not being used to holding him much and Kate being the one brave enough to try, William doesn't even try to hold his baby, oddly enough...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

We don't know how much Kate holds her baby, nor do we know that William doesn't try to hold him.  Didn't we see William holding him at his Christening? 

As for how Kate is holding him, we don't know anything about that, either.  If he were younger, Kate holding him towards her would be appropriate, but at his age, he doesn't need to rest his head on his mother's shoulder ... he's old enough to hold it up himself.  Perhaps that's the way he prefers being held ... maybe he likes seeing where he's going.

Cindy

Limabeany

This is a forum for posting our opinions on what we read and see, since we don't know these people, we don't know the reasons behind anything but may post our opinions without receiving a sworn statement from them stating their reasons so we may know for sure.  :flower:

cinrit

^^ I was giving my opinion. :thumbsup:  Except that yes, we did see William holding George on his Christening Day.

Cindy

Rebound

George looks like a feisty little guy. Even when Kate held him with his legs and hips toward her, his little body twisted around to see where he was going. I think he must like to be held facing forward.

He's obviously not an infant whose head needs to be supported all the time. He looks to be a big, healthy baby, and he wants to see what's going on. I love babies like that!

He's adorable!

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lady Adams

I think he looks exactly like Kate:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkn0LG-CMAErfeL.jpg:large

I really wish William would have worn a Baby Carrier (like a kangaroo) as they left the plane.  :teehee: Hands free to hold onto the rail, and George could face out!  :thumbsup:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Quote from: cinrit on April 07, 2014, 08:06:00 PM
^^ I was giving my opinion. :thumbsup:  Except that yes, we did see William holding George on his Christening Day.

Cindy
:hug: Yes, but neither he nor Kate looked very comfortable or at ease holding him the day of the Christening, maybe they were nervous he would get rambunctious any minute, he does look quite feisty!  :happy15:

FanDianaFancy

She is his  mother.
She  ,like  goodmothers, knowtheir  kids.
I think she was holding him.  Babies his age  cannot miss  a thing!!!!
The wind blowing. People.  They  are  nosy  little  beings and cannot miss  a  thing, LOL!!
They have to see everything all the time.

He  is a cute baby  as babies are  . He  is a big  boy!!!

With K  in heels and going down the  steps and smiling,  yeah, maybe a stroller  so  he  could see would have been ok.
No , she did not make  amistep.
If she would have, PW  would  have  caught her, but she would  have  gladly  taken a  broken leg or anything happening to her baby.  She also  would  have held onto  to him  so tightly as  paretns do. You might fall, but  your  child  will not fall.

The christening  pics  were  good.
The best one was the one with K and PW  looking  down at  him and he  looking  up clearly  smiling at his mother. he , no doubt , knows his mother.
No doubt, he  knows  his  grandparents   Mids  very  well too.
Just like  babies we  know in our real lives , I bet if  you saw him in private  and his grandparents Mids were there, he would smile, reach  out  his cubby  baby    arms for them.  When he  sees his mother or PW, no doubt,he smiles and reaches out  for them.
Take at the end  of each of the toour days, when the nanny  has him and the  D and D  of Cam   return  , you bet he  smiles and reaches  out for them.

Aside  from BRF  thing, it  is  a case of  simply  a  baby  and his parents.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteAt just eight months old Prince George is already stealing the limelight away from his parents as he gets his first taste of the spot light as they embark on their tour of New Zealand and Australia.

However while the presence of the future king is clearly delighting the crowds, and no doubt giving great joy to his doting parents, such a long and arduous schedule is likely to take its toll on the youngster.

His parents possible worry about how their son will handle the tour will be exacerbated by the fact that he is teething - with several gnashers clearly visible as he smiled and gurgled at Wellington Military Terminal on the first day of their official tour to Australia.
More: Prince George's teething probably giving royal family sleepless nights | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 08, 2014, 12:58:37 AM

QuoteThe historic New Zealand House will be where the Duke and Duchess stay during the first leg of their royal tour, which begins today.

William and Kate landed in Wellington this morning, and made their way to the the grand property, where they will occupy a guest suite next to eight-month-old Prince George, who will have his own room.

Outside the 45,000sq-ft property, the royal couple were treated to a traditional Maori greeting on the lawn of Government House, which underwent a two-year £22m makeover, reopening 2011.
More: Inside New Zealand's Government House - the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first stop on the royal tour | Mail Online

good221

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePrince George and proud parents Prince William and Kate landed in the capital Wellington and even a wardrobe malfunction couldn't keep the duchess from losing her composure

Her royal thighness the Duchess of Cambridge had a Marilyn Monroe moment when she breezed into New Zealand yesterday with Prince George.

Kate's coat and dress were blown high above her knees by a gust of wind as she stepped off the plane.

But the unflappable duchess, who had George in her arms, quickly regained her composure as the royals melted hearts on the first day of their tour.

George and proud parents Prince William and Kate touched down in the capital Wellington as rain fell just after midday local time.
More: Prince William, Kate and baby George win a nation's hearts in New Zealand - Mirror Online

sara8150

William and Kate's entrance evokes memories of Prince Charles and Diana with their baby Prince Down Under
Royal Tour: William and Kate's entrance evokes memories of Prince Charles and Diana with their baby Prince Down Under - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 08, 2014, 02:11:01 AM

Royal tour 2014: Who's who in Kate Middleton and Prince William's entourage
Royal tour 2014: Who's who in Kate Middleton and Prince William's entourage - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 08, 2014, 02:13:44 AM

Prince George Steals the Show on New Zealand Tour With Kate Middleton, Prince William: See the Adorable Pictures
Prince George Picture: Kate Middleton, Prince William Tour New Zealand - Us Weekly

Jenee

Does anyone else find it odd that the press keeps referring to George as the future King? Yes, it is accurate... But William is also a future King, and far closer to the job than George is. I suppose I feel bad that he is already being characterized by his position in the line than anything else.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

sara8150

What a smile! Those tiny teeth look adorable but George's gnashers are probably giving the royal family a few sleepless nights
Prince George's teething probably giving royal family sleepless nights | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 08, 2014, 02:25:41 AM

Prince George's new Spanish nanny is pictured for first time as royal entourage - including Kate's personal hairdresser - arrives in New Zealand
Kate Middleton and Prince William land in NZ with Prince George | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 08, 2014, 02:27:28 AM

Gorgeous George: Regal in red Kate wears Queen's New Zealand brooch as she arrives in Wellington... but it's her baby prince who steals the show
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge begin New Zealand and Australia tour with Prince George | Mail Online

Limabeany

Quote from: Jenee on April 08, 2014, 02:20:05 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that the press keeps referring to George as the future King? Yes, it is accurate... But William is also a future King, and far closer to the job than George is. I suppose I feel bad that he is already being characterized by his position in the line than anything else.
IMO, I think the negative comments are greatly reduced when the media reports concentrate on George versus William... This gap year and Kate's lack of work have done their reputations no favors, their dedicated fans obviously see no fault in them, unfortunately, they are not the only newspaper readers... I think it is a case of subtly hailing George as the savior of the Monarchy because calling William the future King generates the kind of comments that neither the Royal reporters nor the Palace wants. Focus on Future King George, get good pr and get much more pro-Monarchy good vibes than William would get... Adding to the fact that although pr savy and polite William does not have the charisma his mother had just the goodwill from being her son...

Lothwen

Quote from: Jenee on April 07, 2014, 10:40:39 PM
No question who the father is... He is the spitting image of William!
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 07, 2014, 11:03:19 PM
I think he looks exactly like Kate:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkn0LG-CMAErfeL.jpg:large

I really wish William would have worn a Baby Carrier (like a kangaroo) as they left the plane.  :teehee: Hands free to hold onto the rail, and George could face out!  :thumbsup:

I think George looks like a perfect blend of the two of them
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

I agree, both William and Kate looked quite similar as babies, both were chubby with wide noses and small eyes...

georgiana996

Quote from: cinrit on April 07, 2014, 06:39:29 PM
We don't know how much Kate holds her baby, nor do we know that William doesn't try to hold him.  Didn't we see William holding him at his Christening? 

As for how Kate is holding him, we don't know anything about that, either.  If he were younger, Kate holding him towards her would be appropriate, but at his age, he doesn't need to rest his head on his mother's shoulder ... he's old enough to hold it up himself.  Perhaps that's the way he prefers being held ... maybe he likes seeing where he's going.

Cindy

Regarding yesterday it was the most commonly noted criticism and i'm not the only one who felt that way 😉 https://31.media.tumblr.com/ed504c2e32accd84419af4c2d01e456b/tumblr_n3omc7qnbs1r4r8ero1_400.jpg
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George to carry out first royal engagement

QuoteHE only has two bottom front teeth so far but Prince George is set to undertake his first official royal engagement tomorrow at the tender age of only eight months after taking the world by storm.

As an introduction to the life of duty that awaits him, the importance of the occasion will certainly go over his head but it will be closely followed around the planet.

The future King and his parents will get to meet 10 other sets of parents and their children  - six girls and four boys all born around the same time as George - at a party inside Government House in Wellington to celebrate the work of the Royal New Zealand Plunket Society, a child welfare charity.
More: Prince George to carry out first royal engagement in New Zealand tour | Royal | News | Daily Express