Team Sussex: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Interviews, TV, & Other Media Events

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

changemhysoul

Slightly empty but I was going through my likes to post Invictus related stuff when I came across this from the Netflix Doc. It's a shame, a family that can release statements and etc about baby botox, hair extensions and a Tatler article that been authorized, didn't have the courage to say racism is bad. (Unless it was in football, then we know Meghan and her kids were less than a football)

It was summed up perfectly.
(Still, wondering if there is a way to link the video without having to do the full twitter account?)

?Here was a woman who just looked like most of the people in the Commonwealth, and they somehow, for some reason, couldn?t find the capacity to protect her, to represent her, to stand by her, to take on vested power in her name, to fight for her.? 

https://twitter.com/spotthesussexes/status/1616474105666232320

changemhysoul

?HELLO! A Right Royal Podcast: Prince Harry and Meghan: The Next Chapter on Apple Podcasts

A Hello! Podcast talking about the Sussex's. Only mentioning it because they spoke to people who have actually met/spoken with/hung out with the Sussex's.

- Emily Nash: There isn't much here I have to comment on. They talked about the year, Sussex's appearances and etc.

- Isabelle Casey: She said she got to cover them at the friends and family. Talking to Harry was nice and she had to tell herself to remember to actually remember what he said to her. Said the two of them loved in love and you could feel it. Also said that Harry visibly looked brighter and happier, there was just a difference when Meghan arrived in him and I guess, he was just super happy to have her their with them and you could feel the love.

- Mayor of Dusseldorf, Dr Stephan Keller,: He said he was extremely happy to have IG in Germany. He was also happy to hear from the teams that when they touched down, they felt the love from D?sseldorf, embracing this years slogan, "A Home for Respect." Said that the cake he brought Harry came from a local bakery. Said he was really impressed with Harry and can see how much respect and love he has not only for the vets but how the vets felt about Harry. They love him. Said that IG had a very positive impact in the country/city and he hopes to attend the Winter Games in Canada in 2025.

- David Wisemen: He said that he went to school with Harry but he was a few classes behind. Also said he went out of his way to act cool around about him so he didn't seem like he was fan-boying over the Princes. His first real meeting/interacting with Harry was during the Walking with the Wounded. He had a friend who did the walk and told him about while he was in recovery for his injury that took him out of the Military. His relationship with Harry really developed during his recovery from his injury. Said Harry had that connections for sports recovery way before Invictus. Said everyone was really looking forward to Dusseldorf. Said seeing the countries he brought in walk across the stage at the opening ceremony was really special to him. Said that they're looking to see what countries would join and that talks are happening with Mexico and Kenya, they came and observed the games. Thinks Heart of Invictus was a remarkable series and encourages people to watch for the human stories of six people who are on their way to the games, why they're there and etc. The visit to the Warrior Games was a last minute addition and the morning after, Harry said the games were amazing and they needed to make it bigger. He had the vision for the games, the park, the closing concert, being on the BBC. He said that Harry has been the visionary and the driving force and that anyone who claims Harry doesn't have much involvement don't know what they're talking about because he's always see the vision and has always been active and given his all. Said that you can see Harry relax when he's around vets and how much it calms him. Said Harry went slightly rouge when he talked about the games and he said we're gonna have it next year but they managed to make it happen some how. Said he had a blast at the wedding and said he sometimes forget how big they are because he knows them. He didn't realize how big the wedding was, his wife had to remind him of that and make him get up and go because he was being super relaxed on the wedding day. He sat near Elton John and had a fun interaction with him. Was not the last one to leave the dance floor. Said he's never seen Harry so relaxed and happy as he does when he see's him with his family in Cali. And left off with an antidote. It was the first time Meghan spoke as the Duchess of Sussex (he believes). Megs team asked for a last minute request. Meghan got the first draft and her co-host had the second draft. He said it was his fault and they both were on stage talking about the script and there was a fluff of the lines in front of everyone. He said he was sitting next to Harry, head in hand, cringing. Said he kept apologizing to Harry and Harry told him not to worry about it. And after a bit of back and forth, Meghan jumped in and said honestly, don't worry about it. She was so kind and she wasn't going to slay him. Said it's relaxing being around them.

Curryong

What an interesting report on the podcast, Change, and thanks for posting it. This just confirms what I have read many times from people who have met Harry and Meghan socially, more deeply through their charity work or who knew them in their earlier lives. This includes people saying again and again how down to earth Harry is, how genuinely kind and thoughtful Meghan is with those she meets (I remember she handed out warm mittens to people in the crowds at an early wintry engagement) and how warm and natural both of them are.

Wise and honest words too from David Wiseman who knew Harry through comrades in the Walking With the Wounded enterprises. Glad to hear that he and his wife had a ball at the Sussex wedding, especially the banter with Elton! So good to read the positivity from those who have met them, rather than negativity and gossip. Also that the couple are happy in California.

And hopefully the Byline Times reports will change some perceptions about this couple and the story Harry has tried so long to get out there, especially with regard to a certain NZ media weasel and his alleged nefarious doings.

TLLK

wannable

TRIVIA:

The Duchess of Sussex has revealed that she ''reads a lot of Archie comic books'' when she was growing up. She said that Katie Keen was perfection.

Episode 3, Archetypes podcast
Spotify

Omid's Endgame: Omid Scobie's claim that the Princess of Wales was widely known by the nickname ''Katie Keen''

100% of the Royal Rota: She is not known at Katie Keen, their palace sources also said this is 'new' to them.

Something new to learn, I didn't know the Archie comics had the Katie Keen special editions.

wannable

She said Archie 4 was gifted a camera but told his mother it is not a Leica.

He is being raised commercial brand awareness

At 4 probably the best would be Fisher Price?

PrincessOfPeace

I'm not believing the Leica camera story.. Kinda like his first words.

wannable

^ Children of 4 or 4 1/2 do not think in terms of ''brands'', but IF a/the parents are 'repeating' a word (whatever word) constantly, then the toddler will be repeating it wtihout understanding the association. Especially because it is a brand, when there are dozens of camera brands.

Repeating words to newborn/infant/toddler/pre-school usually are identifying (ID) of home appliances, decor, kitchen foods.  But brands? Leica is top 5/10 of the most expensive camera brands.

Editing it as this is a team Sussex thread: Each to its own. Perhaps branding helps the child to be ambitious.

Curryong

Oh, come on!  Archie is four and a half years old! He is perfectly capable, especially if he is interested in cameras as many youngsters are, of remembering a brand name, if it?s probably been discussed by his parents. My children at four knew various products and brands they?d seen on TV. It depends on the level of interest, as the results of the survey below show. The experiment below involved children as young as three.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/ijcs.12298#:~:text=Research%20shows%20that%20children's%20brand,from%20different%20categories%20of%20products.

?The kids who were best at understanding the brands were also kids with more advanced social skills and a particular type of cognitive development.

The specific social skills involved whether a child was able to think about others' thoughts and use that to predict what that person might do. If you asked a kid who had this so-called theory of mind what his mom would want for her birthday, he might say, "She likes perfume." A child who doesn't have this ability might say, "Mom wants ice cream," or "Mom wants a Barbie doll," McAlister explained, adding these kids just talk about what they want.

As for how social savvy could relate to understanding brands, McAlister said, "Children who are able to think about the thoughts of other people are better able to dig out a toy and say 'I'm going to take this Lego to preschool because other kids at school will like it ? and think I'm cool.'"

The kids with brand know-how also showed a higher level of executive function, which is a cognitive ability that has to do partly with categorization and grouping things together.

McAlister says the findings could help to tease out why children like certain brands and products, and why, for instance, they'll go so far as throwing temper tantrums over these desires.

Parents can also take note: 

"If you have a feeling that your child is very mature socially, you might want to put some more effort into monitoring their TV time or access to advertisements, because those are the kids who are really taking a lot away when they see an ad," McAlister said.

The research is detailed in the March issue of the journal Psychology & Marketing.

wannable

Why and to who the ''Oh come on'' exclamation?

Basically that research is saying what I said. IOW there is no TV AD of Leica Cameras 'actually', the last ad by that German Co. 4 years ago, so usually when there is no commercial brand viewing - it would be the parents, like I said.

Trivia: All the luxury brands in Europe are basically doing capsule collection (clothing and footwear) and by pre orders (cameras, watches, others).

TLLK

With children being so used to their family and friends using phones and tablets to take pictures,  it must be exciting and unique to  them to see a real camera in  use.

Nightowl

A 4 year old knowing about expensive brands of cameras........... :laugh10:, that is the silliest thing I have  read, next he will be in college at 5 telling the professors he knows everything.......good grief, Meghan really said that?  Is she that desperate for attention that she would say that about her son when 99% of the world's mothers know how 4 years old children are?  Anything to build themselve up again......And I do not want to hear how so many parents have their children at 4 knowing about fashions, designers this or designer that.....these are tiny toddlers for heaven's sake......they play with toys like trucks and trains, not designer cameras.

Curryong

Half of three- and four-year-olds use a tablet | early years alliance,while%2020%25%20use%20mobile%20phones.&text=Conducted%20in%202019%2C%20the%20survey,down%20from%2098%25%20in%202015.

Nearly half of three- and four-year-olds regularly use a tablet and almost a quarter have one of their own, according to the latest report from Ofcom.

Ofcom?s annual report looks into children?s use of media and digital devices, based on a survey of 3,200 children and parents.

The survey found that 49% of children aged three- and four-years-old use a tablet, while 20% use mobile phones.

Emerging trends
Conducted in 2019, the survey also noticed changing trends in the way young children access media, with 95% of three- and four-year-olds watching TV on a TV set, down from 98% in 2015. 36% of children aged three and four watch TV on a tablet, up from 20% in 2015.

YouTube is an increasingly popular choice for young children, with 51% of three- and four-year-olds watching videos on the site, compared to 37% in 2016. More children watch videos on YouTube than watch videos on BBC, Netflix or Amazon Prime.

And that report is from three years ago. That trend is continuing upwards. Four year olds do play with trucks etc. However they are also fine with technology and use it in increasingly sophisticated ways. My youngest grandchildren are now nine. Jaxson, the boy, has been interested in technology since he was four. He and his sister both have tablets, both have access to cell phones, and use them without fumbling.

These children have grown up with technology. It?s perfectly possible, even probable that Archie has been watching his parents? tablets, probably has his own, and listens to adult conversation about various cameras, tablets, phones and other devices.

Kids don?t confine themselves to playing with toys like trains any more. They?re past that. They live in a world in which technology rules. And they are fine with it.

Nightowl

I don't believe just anything a company like Ofcom prints, easy people believe anything and everything that someone tells them, like leading sheeple to the dirty water.  Where I live and see young children play is not with tablets or cameras or phones, most want their children to be just that.......children! Not tech babies glued to a piece of machinery. And Archie is a lot younger  then your nephew, age matters in development.   Children do play ball, that is a fun exercise for them, I have played kickball with young children in our park many times, they are not sitting in front of a computer, they are enjoying fresh air, getting excerise, and having fun...do you really think children  read and type on tablets at 4 or 5 years old?  There is a report out a few months ago about fat, overweight children growing up here.....sitting all day does that like even now in an office people take a break and MOVE the body.  It is healthy to just *move* at any age so my team of docs tell me and since I am walker and have been for many years now I walk 5 miles a day, 6 days a week......thanks to my heart doc.  Next year I plan on being in the heart walk here where I live.....5 miles walking, very easy for me. So not debting what Archie does ...he can build a space shuttle and go to the moon if mom approves at age 5 or 6 with legos or tinker toys.

By the way, how do you know all kids are fine with technology today?  Did you take a survey?  Not every child today has a tech toy, tablet, phone, camera, computer as not every family I know of has an endless bank account to provide that for their child.....only the rich people can buy all those fancy tech toys for their kids..Many schools here are suffering a lack of teachers let alone tech toys for kids.

Curryong

And, by the way, as I mentioned a few posts ago, I worked in a community centre that distributes gifts for babies and children for Xmas. Trucks go OK among the parents though they prefer more sophisticated things like make up kits for little girls and sports kits for boys.

However, as far as little boys playing with trains goes, we had the painful task of contacting a men?s group who made toys like trains year after year for Xmas distribution to children, to please not give us dozens of trains they had made as we literally have been unable to even give them away as extra gifts. Parents have not chosen them as gifts for the last fiv3 years, as they are considered old fashioned,  I guess. A shame, but there it is.

Jax is my grandson, not my nephew, and I have, obviously, known him all his life. He has been technically minded all his life from the age of three or so, and so are his mates, of whom he has many.

Curryong

The Royal Melbourne Hospital (Aus leading children?s hospital)  does an enormous amount of research on Aus families. They found

Young children owning smartphones is the new normal
Owning your own smartphone or tablet is now the new normal for Australian children, new research released today shows.
The latest Australian Child Health Poll has found that almost all Australian teenagers, two- thirds of primary school-aged children and one-third of preschoolers now own their own tablet or smartphone.
As well as owning their own device, three in four teenagers, and one in six primary school-aged children, have social media accounts in spite of age restrictions.

And by the way, my grandson and his sister (twins) are thin and active. And ?being children? doesn?t mean ignoring technology. There can be a balance. These children are going to be doing their schooling in a technologically advanced world and it?s great to grow up prepared for it.

wannable

Of course there is tablets for kids educational and gaming

The Meghan video is specific about a German luxury camera brand.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 19, 2023, 11:57:51 AM
Of course there is tablets for kids educational and gaming

The Meghan video is specific about a German luxury camera brand.

Which Archie had been having a talk with Misan Harriman about.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 19, 2023, 09:36:00 AM
And, by the way, as I mentioned a few posts ago, I worked in a community centre that distributes gifts for babies and children for Xmas. Trucks go OK among the parents though they prefer more sophisticated things like make up kits for little girls and sports kits for boys.

However, as far as little boys playing with trains goes, we had the painful task of contacting a men?s group who made toys like trains year after year for Xmas distribution to children, to please not give us dozens of trains they had made as we literally have been unable to even give them away as extra gifts. Parents have not chosen them as gifts for the last fiv3 years, as they are considered old fashioned,  I guess. A shame, but there it is.

Jax is my grandson, not my nephew, and I have, obviously, known him all his life. He has been technically minded all his life from the age of three or so, and so are his mates, of whom he has many.

Aww that is a shame about the trains.

I wish that tablets were not in the hands of preschoolers.