QEII Official Duties and Court Circular Entries Part 2

Started by TLLK, April 09, 2020, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on September 03, 2022, 07:37:02 AM
The Queen never misses the Braemar Games! In a way IMO this is the clearest sign yet that we are sadly not likely to see very much of the Queen again for the rest of her reign. 96 year old legs, knees and hips just don?t repair themselves overnight. I?m just wondering whether there has been a fall recently weakening the Queen?s hip and that has been kept quiet. That might explain why the ?mobility problems? have prevented the use of a wheelchair.

It seems to me from hints dropped by courtiers that sitting for long periods appears to be as painful for HM as standing and shuffling about using a cane. She hasn?t been seen out at all at Balmoral and the absences at Craithie Kirk services are also noteworthy, not in a good way. I?m just wondering if HM has been confined to bed for much of the time. If she has been it will be a major operation to get her mobile enough to meet Boris and the new PM. (I?m not suggesting imminent death btw. We all know of people of 100 or more who are bedridden for much of the time but who are still able to function mentally.)

The Queen herself must be having moments when she gets very annoyed that her spirit is so strong but her body is now so weak it no longer obeys orders.
Knowing how much HM has always enjoyed the Braemar Games I was also thinking it would be a clear sign of her health. I am holding on to the possibility that she doesn't want everyone to see her difficulty walking, climbing a stair, or getting in or out of a chair, but is able to be comfortable. I know it could also be that she is uncomfortable sitting as well, which means she is never really comfortable. I'm sad and feel the same way you do.

Macrobug67

This is so sad to watch.  Hope she feels better. 

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 03, 2022, 03:23:55 PM
Knowing how much HM has always enjoyed the Braemar Games I was also thinking it would be a clear sign of her health. I am holding on to the possibility that she doesn't want everyone to see her difficulty walking, climbing a stair, or getting in or out of a chair, but is able to be comfortable. I know it could also be that she is uncomfortable sitting as well, which means she is never really comfortable. I'm sad and feel the same way you do.

Yes for sake of HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health and she had trouble walking and mores but she send her elder son Prince Charles in her behalf or Duke of Cambridge but my mom is retired nurse she know everything about HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health wont want embarrassed in public and will kept private matters that doctors orders and she get rest lots

TLLK

:crown: It's just been announced that Liz Truss has been elected as the leader of the Conservative Party. She will fly to Balmoral to meet with the Queen who will invite her to form a new government.  :happyuk:

Curryong

Congrats to Liz Truss. I hope she enjoys her meeting at Balmoral with the Queen. It was becoming obvious over the past couple of weeks that Ms Truss would be the victor. Now comes the hard part!

Blue Clover

Quote from: Nightowl on September 02, 2022, 06:48:13 PM
I am sure HM is really being taken care of with the very best medical professionals in the world yet pulling out of this event is worrisome as it is happening all to often now.  I wonder if she will ever leave Balmoral and will spend her last days/months/years there as that is where she seems the most content with all the loving memories and her trusted staff with her as her family can just come and go even ever.  How difficult would it be for her to travel back to Windsor....I wonder?  Charles it seems is taking on more and more duties and it must be very hard on him to see the decline of his mother knowing what the future holds for him.

Nice summary. I feel the same way. Balmoral is a comfortable home and place for HMQ at this time. I am sure it holds cherished memories of her beloved Philip and happy times with her children, grandchildren, and other relatives who are long gone. I am sure this is a hard time for Charles.

TLLK

QEII appoints  her 15th Prime Minister at Balmoral Castle.

The Queen appoints Liz Truss as her 15th Prime Minister at Balmoral ? Royal Central

The Queen has asked Liz Truss to form a government following her election as leader of Britain?s ruling Conservative Party.

Ms Truss, who arrived at Balmoral alongside her husband, Hugh O?Leary, ?kissed hands? with the monarch and is now the Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury.

The 47-year-old politician is the 15th Prime Minister of Her Majesty?s reign, following the resignation of Boris Johnson just an hour before the appointment of Truss.

Ms Truss will now be busy formulating her cabinet before tacking the major issues plaguing the UK, including the extortionate rise in energy prices.

Liz Truss was announced as the new leader of the Conservatives on September 5th 2022 following a vote of the party?s members over the summer, triggered by Mr Johnson?s announcement that he was stepping down. She took 81,326 of the ballots cast against 60,399 for her opponent, Rishi Sunak.

It?s the first time that The Queen has appointed a new Prime Minister at her Scottish home. Buckingham Palace announced last week that Her Majesty would remain at Balmoral, rather than make an almost 1,000 mile round trip between there and London, for the meetings. Officials said it was to avoid any uncertainty.

Curryong

It?s nice to see the Queen happy and smiling, with the ubiquitous handbag still over the arm. Wonder whether Liz Truss finds it all a bit surreal if exciting to now be PM. The Queen looks a bit bowed and the cane is much in evidence I see. Hope HMs legs aren?t giving her too much pain. Her 15th Prime Minister, the first being Winston Churchill of course. Queen Victoria had twenty due to some short unstable governments early on.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on September 06, 2022, 01:30:47 PM
It?s nice to see the Queen happy and smiling, with the ubiquitous handbag still over the arm. Wonder whether Liz Truss finds it all a bit surreal if exciting to now be PM. The Queen looks a bit bowed and the cane is much in evidence I see. Hope HMs legs aren?t giving her too much pain.

I?m agreed with you

Curryong

There are quite apparently quite a few republicans in the House of Commons and Liz Truss appears to be among their number. As a university student she called the Royal Family ?a disgrace? in a speech and claimed that many members of the public were anti-monarchy. That would be even more so now!

Liz Truss calls for monarchy to be abolished during Republican past in resurfaced clip | News | Independent TV

PrincessOfPeace

She has stated her views when she was a young LibDem are no longer her opinion. Liz Truss is the most conservative PM since Thatcher.

PrincessOfPeace

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP had an audience of The Queen this morning and tendered his resignation as Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury which Her Majesty was graciously pleased to accept.

Mrs Johnson was also received by The Queen.

Her Majesty received in audience the Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP this afternoon and requested her to form a new Administration.

The Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP accepted The Queen's offer and kissed hands upon her appointment as Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury.

Mr Hugh O'Leary was also received by Her Majesty.

Mr Donal McCabe was received by The Queen when Her Majesty invested him with the Insignia of a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order.

The Queen was represented by Mrs Jeanna Swan (Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Berwickshire) at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Major Andrew Trotter of Mortonhall (formerly Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Berwickshire) which was held in Duns Parish Church, Duns, today.

- Court Circular || 6 September 2022

Blue Clover

It is good to see the Queen greet a new Prime Minister.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on September 06, 2022, 11:26:38 PM
She has stated her views when she was a young LibDem are no longer her opinion. Liz Truss is the most conservative PM since Thatcher.

That?s what the British media has stated certainly, (the resemblance to Thatcher.) She?s only been in the job a day, so we?ll have to see. And often people don?t really change certain views on things as they age. That includes social issues. Politicians often find that it?s advantageous to swing in the breeze from time to time.

TLLK

Discussion on the health of QEII has been moved to a new thread about her health.

Queen Elizabeth II Health Concerns

wannable

The Privy Council postponed yesterday to be rearranged because of BP status of the Queen?s health?

The rumors circulating before today and up until last night is to formally appoint Anne and Edward as Counselors of State replacing Andrew and Harry, including other matters that would change?it stops here, no one wants to break the news, teasing they know what it?s about.

Curryong

By law, Counsellors of State include the Sovereign's spouse and the next four people in the line of succession who are over the age of 21.

Anne is 17th in line. Edward is 14th. Even Beatrice and Eugenie are ahead of them. So those spreading those rumours don?t know what they are talking about.

wannable

The rumor included the change and i.e. letters patent.  Excepting the other 53 members: politicians Commons and Lords, and COE Canterbury and York.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 08, 2022, 01:55:59 PM
The rumor included the change and i.e. letters patent.  Excepting the other 53 members: politicians Commons and Lords, and COE Canterbury and York.

This report concerns Andrew (but it is also the same for Harry.

Prince Andrew: Queen Has No Power To Remove Him As Counsellor Of State

The royal family?s official website lists the Counsellors of State as Prince Charles (first in line), Prince William (second in line), Prince Harry (sixth in line), and Andrew (ninth in line). Before his death, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, also held the position (as all spouses of the sovereign do by law).

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson confirmed Andrew?s current status as a Counsellor of State to BuzzFeed News and noted that the holders of this position are determined by legislation (and thus can only be changed by an act of Parliament). A spokesperson for the prime minister?s office declined to comment.

wannable

I'm just being a messenger of the rumors which started 1.5 weeks ago before BP had announced a 'future' cc

^ The above news is Feb 2022.

The fact that the PC CAN change who and what via Letters Patent.

Objective fact that can/may happen
The Acts specifically allow the Letters Patent appointing the Counsellors of State to exclude and name.
Source: Official website: UKConstitutionallaw.org