The BRF during COVID 19 lockdown March 2020-2021

Started by wannable, March 19, 2020, 04:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

What a wonderful speech - actually it was more than a speech, it was a loving message with guidance and hope. She is amazing.

Windsor

PrincessOfPeace

Around 24 million TV viewers watched the Queen's Broadcast to the nation on Sunday evening

BBC One - 14.06m
ITV - 5.33m
Channel Four - 2.50m
Channel Five - 0.62m
BBC News Channel - 0.70m
Sky News - 0.76m

A total of 23.97 million not including other platforms

wannable

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
A great & wonderful woman!

TLLK

IMHO this address was the perfect balance of inspiration and calm resolve which will be needed in the coming weeks. Also this was the right time to broadcast to the nation, the Commonwealth and the world.  I especially liked that the video clips focused on the citizens of the UK in particular those on the front lines (healthcare, first responders, volunteers).

Echoes of the past which only a small and vulnerable group can truly remember were there too with the photo of Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret's radio broadcast to the children of the UK. I liked that she ended with "We will meet again" referencing Dame Vera Lynn's song from WWII.

YouTube

sara8150

The Queen's turquoise look delivered a message of 'hope' and 'healing' amid the coronavirus pandemic | Daily Mail Online

PIERS MORGAN: The Queen inspired her people to overcome this coronavirus crisis | Daily Mail Online

Inside the White Drawing Room at Windsor Castle where Queen gave coronavirus speech | Daily Mail Online

Zara Tindall insists she's 'very proud' of grandmother The Queen | Daily Mail Online

Sarah Ferguson reveals the Queen's speech 'touched her very core'  | Daily Mail Online

22million tune in to watch Queen's stirring coronavirus speech | Daily Mail Online

Piers Morgan full of praise for the Queen's rare TV broadcast - see what he said | HELLO!

How Princess Eugenie and Sarah Ferguson supported the Queen following her TV address | HELLO!

Queen Elizabeth Coronavirus Jewelry | PEOPLE.com

How Queen Elizabeth Stayed Safe Filming Coronavirus Address | PEOPLE.com

Zara Tindall "Very Proud" Of Queen Elizabeth Following Rare Televised Address  | PEOPLE.com

Queen Elizabeth?s Resilience During Rare Speech an Inspiration | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: April 06, 2020, 05:21:10 PM

Queen's coronavirus speech: 'Ambitious' words 'to reassure and inspire' - BBC News

Coronavirus: The four other times the Queen has addressed the nation - BBC News

The Queen's coronavirus address: 'We will meet again' - BBC News

How the nation reacted to The Queen's speech

Coronavirus: The Queen's historic address in full | UK News | Sky News

Princess Eugenie and Zara Tindall react to the Queen's address to nation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Zara Tindall reaction: How Zara responded to Queen's heartfelt speech | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen's historic coronavirus speech attracted 24 million viewers as she spoke movingly about grief - Mirror Online

Zara Tindall gives fans a peak inside her royal home as she praises Queen - Mirror Online

Zara Tindall speaks of pride for Queen granny over historic coronavirus speech - Mirror Online

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/queen/24-million-people-in-the-uk-tune-in-to-watch-the-queens-address-to-the-commonwealth-140340/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/queen/the-queen-we-will-be-with-our-friends-again-we-will-be-with-our-families-again-we-will-meet-again-140262/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/queen/82-per-cent-of-people-feel-more-reassured-following-the-queens-address-140342/

sara8150

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen and other members of the Royal Family will wear facemasks to keep up the tradition of worshipping at their local Scottish church.

More: The Queen will wear face mask to keep up tradition of worshipping at Balmoral

PrincessOfPeace

Royal aides are despairing that their Covid-secure sleeping quarters in Balmoral are like a Colditz prison camp. A group of servants have travelled up to the Scottish home of the Royal Family ahead of the Queen and Prince Philip's arrival this summer. The hand-picked team of aides are in a two-week quarantine as they prepare the castle and some have found conditions wanting.

More: Royal aides despair that Covid-secure quarters in Balmoral are like 'Colditz prison camp' | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

Welcome to bonnie Scotland! Queen and Prince Philip arrive by private jet at Aberdeen airport with their faithful Dorgis to start their summer holiday at Balmoral after months isolating at Windsor Castle

Queen and Prince Philip fly to Balmoral after months' isolation | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

They flew in by private plane. Very sensible in the circumstances. Balmoral is more than an hour away from any airport, and in bad weather the journey is foul. (Yesterday it was drizzling with rain.) There's going to have to be a lot of social distancing when the family arrives.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on August 05, 2020, 01:28:35 AM
They flew in by private plane. Very sensible in the circumstances. Balmoral is more than an hour away from any airport, and in bad weather the journey is foul. (Yesterday it was drizzling with rain.) There's going to have to be a lot of social distancing when the family arrives.

was it raining?  It was hot hot hot in London yesterday, and going to get wrose.  Im sure they can meet up with Charles etc in those huge rooms without getting too close...

Curryong

Somebody in another forum looked up the weather forecast for that part of Scotland for yesterday and it predicted drizzle. Probably that soft summer drizzle that you sometimes get in Britain not sleeting rain. However Scotland often gets that sort of weather. I once holidayed in Edinburgh and surrounding countryside for a week. Very interesting place but it was June and it rained softly for five out of the seven days!

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on August 05, 2020, 11:23:40 AM
Somebody in another forum looked up the weather forecast for that part of Scotland for yesterday and it predicted drizzle. Probably that soft summer drizzle that you sometimes get in Britain not sleeting rain. However Scotland often gets that sort of weather. I once holidayed in Edinburgh and surrounding countryside for a week. Very interesting place but it was June and it rained softly for five out of the seven days!

Its getting worse and worse here in London but I think that in N England at least its a good deal cooler..
I remember one year when i was quite small, spending a summer week in Donegal in Ireland..and it rained every freaking day.. I remember going into the sea, with my dad and we got nearly as wet on the beach...I guess it is th same in Scotland. I Hope the queen has a nice break, it is a big big estate so she can go for walks and drives

wannable

Nicola Sturgeon has just banned travel to Scotland for the following 7 days, will update next Wednesday, full lockdown on pubs again as people were bar hopping. 

I suppose CH and KP will be on full watch with the new rules as they come and go.

TLLK

Glad to see that they've arrived at Balmoral safely. No doubt work is now commencing at WC and is continuing at BP.

Disappointing to see that Scotland now has to ban travel for at least 7 days.  :no:

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

Edward, Sophie, Eugenie, Jack, Louise and James were spotted at Balmoral this past weekend.

Twitter

wannable

Lovely, Eugenie has a gift package in hand, the wrapping paper is so bright, one can spot it a mile away :D .  I'd like to see a candid picture picnic, fishing by the river Dee.  Those are rare, like every 20 plus years.

The routine of W&K is last August Monday bank holiday, so perhaps they will go for the long Friday 28th August until Monday 31st.

TLLK

Hopefully this might allow for the renovation work to be completed while BP is not in use as a working palace.