Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug67

Welcome to Part 4 of the Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Part 3 found The Archewell Foundation, Invictus, & other charities, news & activities Part 3

Curryong

And that is my view as well. I too would like to see any videos of Prince Harry in 2023, talking and laughing about Pat and repeating that he did not find her hot.

Harry in Spare was thinking back to his nine year old self, reflecting his thoughts and actions as a schoolboy at Ludgrove, and what is more, a schoolboy who was among many others doing the same thing. He talks too about Pat?s reputation for probing cuts with her fingers, for giving medication that made the patient feel worse, for roughly grabbing hold of those schoolboys she managed to catch. Those actions are unpleasant as well.

Invictus won?t be getting rid of their Founder and Patron. He brings too much publicity to them. And during the run up to the Games Harry will be there as usual, encouraging, exhorting, cheering contestants to do their best.

wannable

Harold's assignment hitting 40 is to express a thought or opinion resulting from reflection, which he didn't. He just detailed his sadistic story. Then he should say what he thinks about that; a measure of empathy and other issues related to sex viewing people, would he reach out to apologize, the full essay if he was reflecting or just being a sadist, hurting people.

Anyway the spring paperback allegedly will delete the hard parts, incorporate softer versions and most likely a new ghostwriter.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on January 23, 2023, 02:37:21 AM
And that is my view as well. I too would like to see any videos of Prince Harry in 2023, talking and laughing about Pat and repeating that he did not find her hot.

Harry in Spare was thinking back to his nine year old self, reflecting his thoughts and actions as a schoolboy at Ludgrove, and what is more, a schoolboy who was among many others doing the same thing. He talks too about Pat?s reputation for probing cuts with her fingers, for giving medication that made the patient feel worse, for roughly grabbing hold of those schoolboys she managed to catch. Those actions are unpleasant as well.

Invictus won?t be getting rid of their Founder and Patron. He brings too much publicity to them. And during the run up to the Games Harry will be there as usual, encouraging, exhorting, cheering contestants to do their best.
Perhaps Pat was not a very cuddly matron, but who remembers things from that far back to make a fuss about them?  This is like H's complaint that William got another sausage and he didnt, as a child.
Perhaps Pat was cranky because she was in constant pain, and knew that the nasty little so and so's she had to work with were laughing at her and mocking her and that Diana's little angel was one of the worst of them.   Surely any child with any sort of upbringing is told that you  make allowances for someone who is not in good health, and you DO NOT mock people who are disabled?
the very fact that he brought the whole thing up, repeating that she was not hot and that she was unable to walk easily, using her name etc shows that he has not at all repented for his bratty behaviour as a child and he still thiks that his mocking of her was funny.
If he were sorry about it, why not leave the whole thing out of hte book, and if he could, apologise to her privately for his behavour?

wannable

Even if there was just one empathetic word after that story, because the ink is dry, I'd think he did a reflection, but not.

Surely any child with any sort of upbringing is told that you  make allowances for someone who is not in good health, and you DO NOT mock people who are disabled?

Even if the parents did not, early years, teachers are trained to start forming the child with i.e. first day of school 'draw something you liked very much during your summer vacation' alarm bells would ring if a child draws something weird. It is then progressed to words through primary and secondary via English language (compulsory in the education curriculum/GCSE UK). In primary the teacher asks one to write a 'composition'...to the later stage 3 and 4 English language and literature is 'core in the ed curriculum of the UK, during this last phase one should know how to make an essay, it doesn't matter if one isn't a good writer, but minimum have an 'idea' of what it is about. Reflection IS used during this stage, some teachers are detached (nothing wrong) and will ask students to get a piece of news and reflect on it (Opinion and Thought is the reflection).

Enough on this subject for me in reference to disabled people tied to both Invictus and WellChild.  As I have said a couple of days ago, for what it's worth, Harry will be retained because of his own mental troubles, IF not, the organization is doing 'wrong' with a 'generalization' of the organization (s) purpose and about. If a Disabled specialized organization can't have empathy with a MH cocktail troubled person it's in the wrong business. If a Terminally ill specialized organization can't have empathy with a MH cocktail troubled person it's in the wrong business.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 23, 2023, 02:37:21 AM

While Invictus  may or  may not choose to retain its association with Prince Harry,  I do expect that many on the board, the various athletes and volunteers were unhappy to read that portion of Spare. While they likely can understand the behavior of preteen, it's the lack of an apology of his behavior to  a disabled person that  many appear to find unsettling and disappointing.  Offering one in the book would have been a wise decision IMO.

Amabel2

Its not out of character for him.  He said similar stuff when he claimed that he did not like doing the royal duties and was resentful of being sent out to work with people, even on that GHurka tour.  He makes it so clear that he isn't the friendly warm hearted Harry that he was taken for, and that he really could not give  a damn about ordinary people or their woes.
If Invictus keep him it will be because they dont want to lose thier patron who is still famous. but Im sure that many of them will view him with distaste after this bit of his book.  Never mind that he wasnt seen on video laughing...

changemhysoul

As I said, it's an all in all shrug for me.

I doubt, the people on the board are as aghast as some might envision and by putting it the book and letting us know his thoughts, he's owned up too it. As well as giving grace and nuance to a woman who sounded was intentionally rough with children and felt like rubbing her fingers in their cuts and making them sicker was okay.

He also makes it very clear he's still a warm-hearted person, if we're going to deal in absolutes. Just because he's not acting or speaking how some would like, in what they believe would be the perfect ideal view, it doesn't change the fact that he very much cares about the woes of ordinary people.

In other news, this one is a bit old but good for anyone who understands German.

"In this podcast episode of the ARD series "The Question", soldier Jens talks about his experiences in Afghanistan and his PTSD.

If we listen to sick people, we can help them better 🖤💛"

Above is the tweet translation, so I'm not sure how good it is.

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1616370783760142338

It's a link to the podcast episode for a wounded solider and was linked by the Germany games twitter account.

Amabel2

I think what Harry has shown is that he is NOT the warm hearted person that his public image showed for a time.  He came out and said he didn't enjoy his job at all.. he didnt like having to meet people and smile and try to help them.. he was angry because he felt trapped in his royal role and he could not muster up any sincere sympathy for people who were much much worse off than himself.  He said that quite shamelessly a year or 2 ago. He felt that he was over worked at his job as a royal.  He seems to have liked the army but only when he was in combat, and he mentioned his kills as something like a chess game, which is hardly a sign of warmth or kindliness or sympathy.
Perhaps Pat wasn't the kind of nurse or matron who is overly sympathetic with kids, but again, perhaps she was in pain, was fed up with the brats she had to deal with, and just fixed them up and sent them on their way, and knew that the Prince of Wales' son, was the one who mocked her the most.  Harry knew she was in pain but he did not express any sympathy for her, he could have said, I was an awful brat then, and  because she was plain and not cuddly, i made fun of her to her face. Im a bit ashamed of that now.
But he didnt.  She was just a plain middle aged disabled woman and she was nothing to him.

changemhysoul

If that's how you feel, you feel that way.

I disagree. It's that simple. I take a different view of his words but alas, that's life.

For those who are interested, this dropbox link includes how the bidding process goes for the Invictus Games and this focuses on the games in 2027. I did a quick scroll and I didn't see anything about Winter Sports, so I guess that's something that won't be happening at every-game going forward. It also has little tid-bits about viewing figures and etc for the games.

https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAPoOjSK-uEcpsT5MX1VRgb2d3FUv8epGvBw82TI2uLMhO-dyXyM

Amabel2

well perhaps since I have many health issues and also find it hard to walk at present due to pain, Im not likely to feel much sympathy for a kid who might well mock me.

changemhysoul

And it's completely your right to feel that way given your background.

I myself, twisted my ankle it swells, causing my to have to buy one of shoes a size up and walking around can be painful. That being said, when I had to watch little kids, I didn't treat them roughly due to my own pain, nor did I rub their cuts and cause them more harm/hurt due to my own pain.

And I still respectfully, disagree with your overall view. I'm not in to change your mind, that's time and effort I don't have for something that won't.

You feel the way you feel, I disagree with that and as long as we're both respectful about then there is no issue.

Macrobug67

Please, discuss the topic not each other.   We all have opinions and they are all different.  That?s the beauty of a forum.  Comments about other posters WILL be removed as it causes bad feelings.  We are working very hard to make the forum friendly.  We do not want a return to the way it was a few years back. This is a mod caution.

TLLK

Thank you @Macrobug67. Please keep the discussion on topic about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Archewell, Invictus and other charities. Further bickering or argumentative posts targeting other members will be removed and lead to the thread being closed.

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 23, 2023, 02:56:07 PM
If that's how you feel, you feel that way.

I disagree. It's that simple. I take a different view of his words but alas, that's life.

For those who are interested, this dropbox link includes how the bidding process goes for the Invictus Games and this focuses on the games in 2027. I did a quick scroll and I didn't see anything about Winter Sports, so I guess that's something that won't be happening at every-game going forward. It also has little tid-bits about viewing figures and etc for the games.

https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAPoOjSK-uEcpsT5MX1VRgb2d3FUv8epGvBw82TI2uLMhO-dyXyM

I really don't care about the IG or how many books are sold as it is all about money for Harry and how much he makes off people willing to buy his lies.  It is about the character of the person and how they treat other people in life, this.........*Just because a person has money, position, power or title does not mean *respect* is a given in life, it is earned by how a person treats other people with compassion, dignity, graciousness and kindness in life*......Harry has NO respect even for his own grandparents by how he treated them mostly while Philip lying dying in a hospital or the frail grandmother who has given him so much in life.  Harry is one very despicable, cruel and hateful person who is emotionally and mentally disturbed and a danger to those that don't agree with him.  Whatever happens to him in life I know I will never shed a tear for him like I did his grandfather and HM whom I really really admired.   

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on January 24, 2023, 06:11:07 AM

I really don't care about the IG or how many books are sold as it is all about money for Harry and how much he makes off people willing to buy his lies.  It is about the character of the person and how they treat other people in life, this.........*Just because a person has money, position, power or title does not mean *respect* is a given in life, it is earned by how a person treats other people with compassion, dignity, graciousness and kindness in life*......Harry has NO respect even for his own grandparents by how he treated them mostly while Philip lying dying in a hospital or the frail grandmother who has given him so much in life.  Harry is one very despicable, cruel and hateful person who is emotionally and mentally disturbed and a danger to those that don't agree with him.  Whatever happens to him in life I know I will never shed a tear for him like I did his grandfather and HM whom I really really admired.   

Harry hasnt made a cent out of the IG in all the years it?s been going, so I don?t know how that?s linked to his money-making. And how is Harry ?a danger to those that don?t agree with him??

I really do think that people on SM and that includes those who make money out of it online, Youtube etc should desist from calling others that they do not know, mentally ill, troubled, narcassistic, paranoid or any other term like it. Please, please!! Please!

Maybe it?s my background and years trying to assist others (some of them with very serious mental illnesses indeed) as a social worker, but I really do feel that these sort of terms to categorise others need to be used by trained psychologists and psychiatrists only about patients they are treating face to face, not non medically trained persons attempting from afar to abuse and denigrate those they do not know and who they dislike. And that includes those on YouTube who profess to be psychiatrists.

I happen to know several psychiatrists and therapists socially through my work, and NONE  of them would dream of diagnosing someone they don?t know.

Amabel2

Funny then that most of the people mentioning mental illness or narcissim are attacking Charles.

wannable

Harry has spoken about his mental state.

By attaching Better Up, free publicity for this shady company.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Nightowl on January 24, 2023, 06:11:07 AM

edit

As far as him being a danger to people who don't agree with him, that's categorically untrue as there are tons of people who don't agree with him and are living not only full lives but are making money off of him.

edit

Amabel2

Frankly I dont know how anyone coudl say that Harry is in a good mental state, when you think of many of the things he has said, such as thinking of his mother when he's putting cream on his penis, or beleiving for 10 years that she faked her own death?  Or beleiving that he was born to provide spare parts for his brother?  DId his mother agree to this bizarre reason to get pregnant.  Not to mention hitting his bodyguard. Anyone behaving like this either has mental issues or is a very very unpleasant individual or both.

changemhysoul

edit

According to Invictus, countries have until Feb. 20th, to put in their bid for hosting the next games.

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/1617529183038496769

"#EnEsteMomento The 20 active athletes and veterans of the Public Force with disabilities, shortlisted to participate in the Games
@WeAreInvictus, began their concentration in the
@divriveteranos, where they will have various evaluations."

Team Colombia is preparing their teams for the Germany games!

https://twitter.com/divriveteranos/status/1617539263721242624

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1617824858263654400

Macrobug67

posts containing personal comments towards other posts, dismissive towards other posters and/or antagonistic towards other posters have been edited to remove those comments.   This is the third warning.  After this posts will be fully removed, warnings will be given and may escalate to posts being premoderated.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 24, 2023, 02:58:14 PM
edit

According to Invictus, countries have until Feb. 20th, to put in their bid for hosting the next games.

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/1617529183038496769

"#EnEsteMomento The 20 active athletes and veterans of the Public Force with disabilities, shortlisted to participate in the Games
@WeAreInvictus, began their concentration in the
@divriveteranos, where they will have various evaluations."

Team Colombia is preparing their teams for the Germany games!

https://twitter.com/divriveteranos/status/1617539263721242624

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1617824858263654400

Not very long now then, before you will know whether you can travel to Canada or may have to stretch the travel budget further, Changhmysoul!

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on January 24, 2023, 07:59:49 PM

Not very long now then, before you will know whether you can travel to Canada or may have to stretch the travel budget further, Changhmysoul!

Hopefully! Canada is 2025 so I know I'm good (unless I'm unable to stop spending money on food, my major weakness) but I can say, I selfishly hope the 2027 games are in the USA because of easier travel.

I don't think it would be but.......it'd be so much easier.

This is a bit of an older article (in 2021) but it's about a Birmingham wanting to try putting in a bid to host the games before the decade is out. Birmingham WILL launch bid to host Invictus Games, council leader confirms - Birmingham Live

I know, last year, the places who put in bids, posted on social media about the visits and etcs for the bids.

So I'm wondering if we'll get the 2027 location in Germany or if we'll have to wait until the 2025 games (Canada)