News, Photos and Chat about Albert & Charlene's wedding - July 2011

Started by marine2109, May 10, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanRoyal

This whole thing smells worse than last week's fish.

Hopefully she'll figure out that she should pretend to go along, and at the first available opportunity, regain her passport and return to South Africa.  Hopefully not pregnant.  Then divorce this jerk.

She's young enough to start over.

XeniaCasaraghi

IF she does not want to be with him, then she needs to do so before children are involved. Because apparently if there are children, he will get to keep them.

Brneyechick25

I didn't care at all about this wedding or marrige at first but now i am very intrigued and somewhat obsessed with watching this Royal Soap Opera play out. :eyes:

scook91870

Here's a funny thought (as in ironic)...what if she became pregnant but not with his kid?  Isn't what's good for the gander, good for the goose?  Then, she would have the child she wants and still be married to the millionaire prince.  That's what would happen if this was a soap opera.

amabel

Quote from: XeniaCasaraghi on July 04, 2011, 08:03:15 PM
I don't view Charlene as a victim. They have been together for awhile and she could have broken it off a long time ago prior to the supposed fleeing incidents. I do think she is too good for Albert, but his *** ways have been known for years, and she still said yes to the engagement.
I'm sceptical.  I agree if they've been together so long, she knew what he was like and she could have broken off the relationship.  But I suppose if there is another "baby story" breaking, the tabloid press is going ot invent some drama about the wedding..

cinrit

What bothers me more than anything ... if the stories are true ... is that she was stopped when she tried to leave.  In my opinion, that's slightly nightmarish.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

marine2109

marine2109

Quote29-06-2011 Monaco Monaco ahead of the church marriage of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=29-06-2011 Monaco

marine2109

Quote30-06-2011 Eagles Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee, South African Charlene Wittstock arrive at a concert of US band The Eagles at the Louis II Stadium on June 30, 2011 in Monaco, on the eve of their civil wedding.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=30-06-2011 Eagles

marine2109

Orchid

Quote from: cinrit on July 05, 2011, 12:48:52 PM
What bothers me more than anything ... if the stories are true ... is that she was stopped when she tried to leave.  In my opinion, that's slightly nightmarish.

Cindy

Hold onto your seat, Cindy - I agree.
The reports of her having her passport "confiscated" and being stopped from leaving sounds very Sleeping with the Enemy:  very dictatorial and oppressive.  I should like to think that if this were true and Charlene truly wanted to leave, that she would have had the conviction to follow her instinct and head.  But that said, this is all media rumour at the moment - there hasn't been any concrete facts to prove this is actually the case and the media always like a sensationalist story to sell (especially when its linked to royal houses).

Even so, taking this story on face value, can you imagine the pressure on Charlene of trying to flee Monaco and the royal wedding?  It isn't an easy prospect.  Trying to escape a private wedding is hard enough but one which is in the media spotlight and under the control and influence of the royal court!  I truly feel for her if she has felt forced into this situation.

But on a much brighter note she looked incredible.  Her dress was sensational!  Much nicer that Kate's imv.  A perfect cross between the modern and traditional and very youthful (age appropriate).  I simply adore the pearl embellished embroidery running down the front of the dress and the off-the-shoulder style is beautiful.  Very elegant.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

cinrit

Quote from: Orchid on July 05, 2011, 07:30:47 PM
Hold onto your seat, Cindy - I agree. 

:high5:   I hope the stories aren't true.  Another thing that bothers me is that the palace didn't deny that she was leaving.  The story that they responded with was that she was leaving to go to South Africa to visit relatives.  But why would she have been leaving to visit relatives so soon before the wedding?  Well, hopefully, everything will work out for the best for everyone involved.

Cindy 

WOW

She probably had "cold feet", hopefully her feet aren't cold anymore  :lol:

marine2109

QuoteThe crown of Diamond that Charlene Wittstock will wear during her wedding with Prince Albert II of Monaco. Monaco - 29.06.11

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=147542&version=caf

cinrit

^^ Charlene wore it to the wedding dinner the night of the religious ceremony.  Supposedly, it's a new version of a tiara, but it looks more like an expensive hairpiece than a tiara.  But what do I know? ... I like a traditional tiara.

Cindy

marine2109

QuoteGeneral views of Monaco ahead of the wedding of Prince Albert to Charlene Wittstock
Monte Carlo, Monaco - 01.07.11

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=147678&version=caf

QuotePrince Albert of Monaco married his fiancee Charlene Wittstock in a civil ceremony at the principality's royal palace.

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=147722&version=caf

QuoteJean Michel Jarre concert celebrating the wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco to Charlene Wittstock at Port of Monaco

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=147741&version=caf

QuoteReligious ceremony of the Royal Wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco to Charlene Wittstock in the main courtyard at Prince's Palace
Monte Carlo, Monaco - 02.07.11

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=147775&version=caf

Orchid

It resembles Camilla's spray effect headpiece during her civil ceremony.  Horrid thing actually.  I wouldn't equate that to a tiara - more of a headpiece as cinrit said.

I suppose it's possible that Charlene was returning to South Africa for crisis talks with her family.  With the DNA tests and rumours of another love child/affair, it's possible that Charlene needed to get away for a few days and speak to her nearest and dearest about what to do before the ceremony.  The fact that she didn't make it suggests - if the press are to be believed - that she was talked into staying.  Whether that was a heart to heart with Albert or a more forceful confiscation of her passport, we may never know.  But whatever the case I hope she makes a decision that's right for her and not for Albert and his wishes.  We know from Diana's history that royal courts can be quite fearsome in their pursuit to get what they want whilst maintaining the image of the monarchy.  Certainly, being used to produce an heir is horrific (even though the reality of all royal brides is the same in that their duty is to produce legitimate heirs).  But I know I would never personally sell my womb and wish for true love in exchange for a millonaire-lifestyle and a title.  Titles and money are worth nothing in reality: they're for the ego and the insecure who feel that such things somehow validate them. 
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

marine2109

QuoteNAPLES, ITALY - JULY 04: The commemorative figurines depicting the royal marriage of Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock by the artisan Genny Di Virgilio at San Gregorio Armeno on July 4, 2011 in Naples, Italy.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=118263498&EditorialProduct=Royalty#

blackprincess92

i just wonder why she cried as the girl were serenading her and prince albert didnt look all to comforting..

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

angieuk

Princesse Grace