Duchess of Cambridge - Malta Visit

Started by cinrit, July 06, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge is expected to visit Malta in connection with the 50th anniversary of Malta's Independence.

The Sunday Times of Malta in informed that Kate Middleton is expected to be the guest of honour as Malta marks its Golden Jubilee since gaining independence on September 21, 1964. The British High Commission said no decision had yet been taken.

Kate Middleton expected in Malta - timesofmalta.com

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Inge Jones

It takes the media a while to work out that people sometimes change their name upon marriage and she's not Kate Middleton any more.  I think they've just about got it with Camilla now, and you rarely hear the Parker Bowles bit any more.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: cinrit on July 06, 2014, 01:12:09 PM
QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge is expected to visit Malta in connection with the 50th anniversary of Malta's Independence.

The Sunday Times of Malta in informed that Kate Middleton is expected to be the guest of honour as Malta marks its Golden Jubilee since gaining independence on September 21, 1964. The British High Commission said no decision had yet been taken.

Cindy

I hope this is true. It would be brilliant for the Duchess and a great coup for Malta

wannable

This would be her first foreign trip alone.

Has any of the spouses represented in a foreign trip capacity alone? If not, then the BRF is changing.

Limabeany

Sophie and Camilla have. I think the BRF is finally admitting that Kate is a woman in her 30s and working shouldn't be such a task for her but a duty she should just get on with...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

^^ And yet... she's got a clear calendar for the next three weeks.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Let's face it, one or two non-gala engagements a month is about as adult as they can force her to be.   :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

KaTerina Montague

Quote from: Inge Jones on July 06, 2014, 01:29:14 PM
It takes the media a while to work out that people sometimes change their name upon marriage and she's not Kate Middleton any more.  I think they've just about got it with Camilla now, and you rarely hear the Parker Bowles bit any more.

They shouldn't do it but the media tends to call the royal ladies what they are est known as. Camilla was Camilla Parker Bowles for th majority of her time in the spotlight and the same for Kate; it's hard to break the habit especially when the readers know them by these names. Didn't they also mess up with Diana by calling her Princess Diana when she was actually Princess Charles?

Inge Jones

They called her Lady Diana for a long time after she got married actually.  But at least it wasn't "Diana Spencer"

cinrit

I don't think people even knew that Diana had a surname, or at least never gave it thought.  She was "Lady Di" from the beginning.  She appeared on the scene so fast, we had trouble keeping up with her even being with Charles.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HsHCharlene

Good for her, I think Camilla went to France alone last year as well.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on July 06, 2014, 03:09:57 PM
This would be her first foreign trip alone.

Has any of the spouses represented in a foreign trip capacity alone? If not, then the BRF is changing.
Diana's first was Princess Grace's funeral. :(

cate1949

I think this is good news - it is time for her to accept these sorts of duties and she certainly had plenty of experience in AUS?NZ to prepare her.
Just wear a pencil skirt and avoid windy helos!

TLLK

Hope that the Malta committee will share the program for her visit in the near future.

HsHCharlene

I vote pant suit Cate, I always look at Queen Letizia and think she just does it right. If Kate at least tries maybe we can have a foreign tour without any unwanted 'incidents'.

georgiana996

Quote from: Limabeany on July 06, 2014, 03:45:05 PM
Sophie and Camilla have. I think the BRF is finally admitting that Kate is a woman in her 30s and working shouldn't be such a task for her but a duty she should just get on with...

It is a task for her . I dont think she will be working hard even 10 years after 'settling' in the brf , she is either going to divorce and live in one of the palaces or go into a nervous break down because I dont see her working as hard as the queen or sophie or diana  :notamused:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

PrincessOfPeace

georgiana996

Certain people are saying kate is perfect for this visit , she is a great example of what they escaped from ,separated and got independence , so they wouldn't have to look up to lazy kate as their rep.
As someone who comes from a country that was a former British colony , I am glad we did get rid of those parasites when we did , ... God given title lol  <_<

Inge Jones

I have to say, for all her other flaws I am critical of, I am not seeing the laziness about royal duties.  I think even if she wanted to do more, she or her advisers would be very sensitive about annoying William by showing him up.

Flying Flapjacks

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on July 06, 2014, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: cinrit on July 06, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Cindy

I hope this is true. It would be brilliant for the Duchess and a great coup for Malta

:thumbsup: Great news!

sandy

Quote from: Inge Jones on July 07, 2014, 07:44:15 AM
I have to say, for all her other flaws I am critical of, I am not seeing the laziness about royal duties.  I think even if she wanted to do more, she or her advisers would be very sensitive about annoying William by showing him up.

I doubt William has the hangups his father has. He has not displayed any jealousy of his wife. Charles OTOH was jealous of Diana. In William and Kate's case I do think they are not balls of fire in the work department.

georgiana996

I hope she acts normal on this visit because the claws are out and it doesn't look pretty , another Marilyn moment wont be received well , I wonder if they will interview her like they did in Denmark , that will be entertaining to watch  :hehe: and no william to help .

TLLK

^^^ I expect smiles, handshakes, a short speech and a reception of some sort. I can safely predict that an adorable tot will execute a wobbly curtsey and hand HRH a bouquet of flowers.  :wink:

FanDianaFancy

Yes, TLLK, the usual. Add some silly,on cue, quips  about her baby and  hubby.

Routine  as far as this goes.   Outfit . Very pretty. Another plus for Alexander McQueen  or the two other Brit designer  houses she showcases. They have received a  glutonny of riches  from her  but the wealth  is not shared to the others. Oh well.

She will do well. She will look great. YES, I THINK NOW ATLASt, QEII, TPTB, whoever  put their foots down about the  dress fly ups.  The bottom  pics  are  to live forever  on line.

This is still, an easy  day trip for the  PK, PC, DofCam, whatever her name.