Rage and grief laid at gates of old home of Diana,

Started by abhaya, April 09, 2005, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Sophia~

I honestly don't think there was any point of the demonstrations.Life goes on,and you can't do anything about it.Much as I would hate to say it,the people were just wasting their time and energy because the wedding already happened.It's not our own wedding.Who's getting married?Charles and Camilla,so just deal with it.

Plus,I don't think holding up posters of "William for king" would be very supporting towards Diana.I don't think she would want her son to be pushed to take the throne.

Windsor

I just say, Diana is the past and Camilla is the present and future

LETS MOVE ON!!!!

~Sophia~

I don't look at it that way,as Diana a thing of the past.
She is still the present and future,even though she's dead,and I hope the Queen knows that.
I can't explain but she shaped how it is viewed today,and she will influence the way things are done in the future.
(Hope I didn't confuse anyone :blink: )

violet

For me if its in the fairytale movies, it has a sad ending but welcome to reality... all i can say is that Princess Di will remain in our hearts and she will still be remembered :)  

Beebs

Yes! She will always be in our hearts, even if some people want us to forget.  :D  

rosiekusa

Diana's life is a piece of history now--she's been dead 7 years. We will have an onslaught of new information about Camilla, as she is now Duchess of Cornwall and the wife of Prince Charles.

Time marches on--there's really nothing we can do about it.

PopppyDaisy

QuoteI just say, Diana is the past and Camilla is the present and future

LETS MOVE ON!!!!
Definetly people will always remember her she's not going anywhere but everyone needs to move on and accept Camilla for the real person she is, everyone should be happy for Charles and Camilla or at least accept their wedding
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

abhaya

i didn't like them holding posters and all but i loved their gesture of placing flowers. i think it was sweet. i don't think that by doing that they were protesting against the marriage or trying to stop it. i think that they were trying to show that their is still justice in the world and that people do care.

i have no opinions about who should be king but i wish william takes more public assignments so that i get to see more pictures of him

theking

Diana will never be forgotten and will will be written in the history books. Charles does a lot of work towards charities and so will Camilla. Diana was a peoples princes as she knew how to work the media to her advantage .

It is time to move on, like any family with a lost patent it is hard but it is better to look forward instead of looking back.  
Rob King

Life is just too short to hold grudges.

sara1981

i agree with posts!

but many people would kept their Diana's fans they wont forget and include ME! but i dont like Camilla very much someone said Camilla cant become POW that great idea! and if Charles said if he would married Camilla or King which one! or he would loses rights!

many people who lived in USA,European,whatever who loves Princess Diana very much but i never met Diana before but im collectors Diana after she died in 1997 why because she is glamorous Princess in the 21st century than Camilla but Camilla dont have history in their books but Princess Diana had it! many books spend to the stores includes London,England and USA and lots of more they loves Princess Diana very much im still kept books of Diana's books for 15 years very much more remind they wont forget it.

im been visit her old home its so beautiful and enter looks past and present of Princess Diana's old home and her own display dresses and include HM Queen's dresses also but i cant take photo because its rules! i look Diana's dresses its so beautiful i like Travolta dresses.

Sara Boyce

T125eagle

They way I see it, take it as you wish!, is that Diana's memory and her spirit lives through Wills and Harry. I really don't think that Diana would want Charles to be skipped, even though at the end she might have, but deep down, she knows and we all do to, that that is what he lives for. THat is his job. Besides, when Charles becomes King, Wills will be Prince of Wales and can 'learn" his role and get even more experience so he wont mess up when he becomes King.
Philipite #001 Duke of Windsor ite #001;Harryite # 0028

rosiekusa

Abhaya: I agree, flowers are a nice way to honor someone's memory. It's thoughtful.  One can be thoughtful of Diana without attacking Camilla or Charles.  

PopppyDaisy

HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

clairey_fairy

Quoteeveryone needs to move on and accept Camilla for the real person she is, everyone should be happy for Charles and Camilla or at least accept their wedding
yeh i think so too. people that loved, cared about or even liked Princess Diana wont forget her and thats what really matters (i think so anyway :) )  
Gotta gotta be down because I want it all...It started out with a kiss how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss...

???(`[?*  c l a i r e  *?]?)???

tipper57

QuoteI just say, Diana is the past and Camilla is the present and future

LETS MOVE ON!!!!
that appears to be  right for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  well, ok, but maybe, MAYBE,  it's not for the rest of  us,-  remembering Di is not living in the past, we are all moving on, but we don't want Lady Di to be forgotten, if you don't care enough, up to you, no1 is talking  you into  crying  over Diana or to miss her, etc.  

~Sophia~

Tipper,we're just expressing our views in this forum,please disagree politely with other peoples' opinions.
Thanks.

heather

:huh:
           I wonder if anyone has told Diana's sons that she is..... Dead, Gone, In The Past, and that they should Move On.?
             Geeeeeesh I hope not! :o
                     Heather

Jenee

I think that they have moved on. I think that Charles' marriage to Camilla is proof that they are at least at peace with their mother's death. Seven years is a long time and a lot of healing can be done during that time.  
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

LisaG

Admin note: Please do not bump up topics that are a few months old. Feel fee to start a new topic but please don't bump up old ones.

Thanks

canadiangirl

I am not so sure that the marriage is a sign that the boys have moved on or accepted anything, and I mean this in the kindest of ways. :D The truth is I don't think that Charles really considers anyone and sadly that does include the boys, when it comes to what Charles wants.  I believe that he waited until things were tolerable to marry but with oposition or not it is my belief that he'd have married her anyway.  I will never believe that the Queen did not oppose this.  There is no reason to believe that she wouldn't have.  Look at what she herself has endured and held other members of the royal family to.  Am I to believe that she somehow just abandoned all of that?  I can't see it.  Really if he cared what they thought, half of the unflattering stories, true ones, wouldn't be as real and available for the boys to hear and have to live with. As far as the boys are concerned, I believe that they have been raised to keep private things private and their feelings regarding this marriage would fall into that category in my opinion. I think that if the opportunity were there to really know what they think, a lot of folks might be in for quite an awakening.  This however is my opinion.  As far as Ms. C being our future, well that is just one more dark road to travel because she is nothing to look forward to.  As a child I was often told that a leopard cannot change it's spots and I see them both as leopards and  that is being kind.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea......

~Sophia~

Prince Charles said that he wouldn't have married Camilla without his sons' approval and support.
Camilla was also supposedly concerened with how William and Harry felt.
So Charles does not only act for his own happiness,he does consider others.
He might have been like that before,but that was the past.
He probably changed after Diana's death,realizing what a loss his sons suffered ~ therefore vowing to keep them happy.

Wills and Harry moved on,and are enjoying life ~ what Diana would have wanted.  

heather

QuoteI am not so sure that the marriage is a sign that the boys have moved on or accepted anything, and I mean this in the kindest of ways. :D The truth is I don't think that Charles really considers anyone and sadly that does include the boys, when it comes to what Charles wants.  I believe that he waited until things were tolerable to marry but with oposition or not it is my belief that he'd have married her anyway.  I will never believe that the Queen did not oppose this.  There is no reason to believe that she wouldn't have.  Look at what she herself has endured and held other members of the royal family to.  Am I to believe that she somehow just abandoned all of that?  I can't see it.  Really if he cared what they thought, half of the unflattering stories, true ones, wouldn't be as real and available for the boys to hear and have to live with. As far as the boys are concerned, I believe that they have been raised to keep private things private and their feelings regarding this marriage would fall into that category in my opinion. I think that if the opportunity were there to really know what they think, a lot of folks might be in for quite an awakening.  This however is my opinion.  As far as Ms. C being our future, well that is just one more dark road to travel because she is nothing to look forward to.  As a child I was often told that a leopard cannot change it's spots and I see them both as leopards and  that is being kind.
Beautifully stated.
      Thank You
             Heather