Diana's Family News and Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 21, 2015, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

@Mike I don't know but he mentioned in the documentary that he spent upwards of $8 million on repairs. He didn't say how he raised the money. I assumed from fees related to the Diana exhibition and house tours.

I found this: "Charles Spencer Net worth: $154 million. Unlike the Royals, the Spencer family tends to stay out of the limelight. On top of that, they do a much better job of keeping their finances hush-hush. But while the net worth of some of the Spencer family?s most prominent members is unknown, the 9th Earl Spencer, Charles Spencer?s (Kitty Spencer?s father and Princess Diana?s brother) net worth is estimated at around $154 million."

TLLK

Lady Kitty Spencer, 29, is to wed ?80million fashion tycoon Michael Lewis, 60 | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrincess Diana's 29-year-old niece is to wed a fashion tycoon five years older than her father, it has been revealed.

South Africa-born multi-millionaire, Michael Lewis, who turns 61 this month, is 32 years older than the society model, who has now agreed to become his second wife.

Mr Lewis is also five years older than Lady Kitty's father, Earl Spencer.

?Michael proposed to Kitty before Christmas,? one of her friends told the Mail.

?She?s been in Cape Town for the holidays and told her mother and the rest of the family. Michael is loved by all of them. Despite his wealth, he?s very humble and low key.?

oak_and_cedar

What is she thinking? Are there no wealthy men around her age?

Absurd.

amabel

She's been dating him for a while....

oak_and_cedar

I know. And I don't know why.

I find it hard to believe that she could not find someone of her own age and who was also wealthy, if the income was that important to her.

wannable

She wants his money and fashion empire, he is glad to leave it all to her. A win win situation.

Curryong

They may be in love. Some women for whatever reason like very much older men. Ten years ago one of our top models who was on 'Australia's Next Top Model' married an American multi millionare man very much older than herself. He was in his sixties, she in her twenties. They have a daughter together and are very happy. Nobody can really say what attracts one person to another, and IMO if the couple are happy and are both adults then really that's all that matters.

TLLK

oak_and_cedar

I do see your point, Curryong. And she does seem to like older men.

Maybe i'm being biased, but an age difference of 30 years is a bit too much.

Wish them the best though if that's what they want.

DiggingHeavs

The age difference is older that she is.  :eyes:

That said, if they are happy together no reason they shouldn't get married if they both want to.

dianab

until 25 years difference is ok, more than that is too much imo

Blue Clover

I wish them happiness in their marriage.  :vday2:

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that Lady Kitty will wear the Spencer Tiara on her wedding day?  :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy:

Curryong

It depends what sort of a wedding she has. You would think that she it would be celebrated in the little church at Althorp but it could well be a big wedding in London to fit in all her friends or even one in the US, where she seems to have been spending much of her time lately. If it's the latter family tiaras would be a bit de trop.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

@LouisFerdinand -Only if she really likes the uglier of the two tiaras. AFAIK none of the Spencer brides have worn it.

LouisFerdinand

It was nice to read that Lady Anne married Christopher Wake-Walker at Westminster Abbey. It is a magnificent church for a wedding.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on February 26, 2020, 11:52:00 PM
It was nice to read that Lady Anne married Christopher Wake-Walker at Westminster Abbey. It is a magnificent church for a wedding.
It is! And at the time she married being a member of the aristocracy was a big deal, even if it was during the war (WWII). She was the daughter of an earl and her wedding was probably attended by the who's who of society at that time, unless it was during the days of the London bombings. I've read that hordes of people would be outside the churches to view, and the newspapers would have full accounts.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 13, 2020, 02:47:27 PM
It is! And at the time she married being a member of the aristocracy was a big deal, even if it was during the war (WWII). She was the daughter of an earl and her wedding was probably attended by the who's who of society at that time, unless it was during the days of the London bombings. I've read that hordes of people would be outside the churches to view, and the newspapers would have full accounts.

There wasn't so much 24/7 entertainment then and the upper classes still had a little glamour which they were of course losing during the War.. and after..  Royal weddings had only gradually become a "special entertainment for the public"... in Q Vic's day they were usually relatively  private. but bit by bit in the 20th C they became more of a spectacle. culminating in Charles's marriage to Diana and so on.  But since Edward married in 1999, the trend is going the other way, I think and people are less interested in royal weddings and they are becoming smaller affairs

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Wonderful news for the Spencer family! Congratulations to the couple who met at university and have been a couple for ten years now.   :clap:

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Dianas niece Lady Amelia Spencer has gushed over her engagement to long-term boyfriend Greg Mallett when sharing a romantic picture on Instagram.

The society beauty, 28, who is the daughter of Earl Spencer and first cousin of Princes William and Harry, shared a sweet sunlit photo of herself and her real estate beau sharing a kiss on her private social media account, according to Hello.

I cant wait to marry you, she captioned the affectionate snap.

It comes after Amelia's father Charles Spencer, the younger brother of the late Princess of Wales, revealed that Greg had asked for his blessing before proposing in South Africa.

Princess Diana's niece Lady Amelia Spencer excited to marry | Daily Mail Online

LouisFerdinand

Princess Diana's sister Lady Jane was married to the Queen's assistant private secretary, Robert Fellowes.   
Do you think this made it hard for the sisters to get along when Diana was Princess of Wales?