Main Menu

RIF's 10th Anniversary!!

Started by Jenee, January 31, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

2013 marks the 10th annivesary of the Royal Insight Forum!!!!

Royal Insight was a spin-off of The Internet Forum, created by mediastar. It became it's own dedicated forum in 2003.

In 2004, our fearless leader Windsor created the site's first banner. It was a very exciting time for the site :lol:

In 2005, the forum was moved to a new software - the same software that we are still using now, although we've gone through many upgrades!! The theme back then was based on a blue gradient and it remained the main theme for over 5 years. That image is perhaps the one you will all mostly remember.

In 2011 the Royal Internet Forum was developed into what we have today, the Royal Insight Forum!

In honor of our 10 year anniversary, I have combed the member list to try and figure out who our 10 most long-standing active members are. The following lists our "oldest" members who are active (some more than others!) based on who has posted in the past 6 months...

Quote1. Lila the Flirt  -- registered: June 09, 2003
2. Windsor   -- registered: June 12, 2004
3. Karla64   -- registered: July 16, 2004
4. Jenee   -- registered: October 15, 2004
5. Ruthy   -- registered: November 15, 2004
6. Ladybee   -- registered: December 12, 2004
7. Chavita   -- registered:  February 13, 2005
8. Blue Eyes  -- registered:  March 20, 2005
9. PrincessOctavia     -- registered:  April 02, 2005
10. WOW   -- registered:  April 17, 2005

There was no formula for me to do this, I just had to browse the member list and see who's name sounded familiar... so if you registered around the dates listed above and I missed you, PLEASE point out what a dumb-dumb I am so I can add you to the list :P
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

RoyalB

Congratulations clearly are in order for one AWESOME forum !!  Yippee !!   :nod:

snokitty

:congrats:  to Windsor for holding it together.   :thumbsup:
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

I love Royal!

Hooray for Royal Insight Forum!!!!!  Happy Anniversary! :happy20: :happy15: :nod: :thumbsup:   

chavita

Congrats to the wonderful team that made everything possible through all these years! :hug:
Harryite #0009

Princesse Grace

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Jenee

Quote from: snokitty on January 31, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
:congrats:  to Windsor for holding it together.   :thumbsup:

And a big THANK YOU too!

Blue Clover

To our longstanding members and our amazing forum!

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Orchid

Congratulations and thank you to our "veteran members"  :congrats: and to everyone who has and continues to support the forum with a fine mosaic of contributions!

A special shout out to mediastar who started the whole journey and to Windsor for taking the forum on and keeping it going for us all to enjoy today and into the future.  :clap:

Happy 10th Anniversary!

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

cinrit

:jensinging:
Happy Anniversary to us!!
Happy Anniversary, dear us!!

And many moreeee!!!

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sara8150

I'm wish I want join veteran royals somedays on forums I'm been join royal watchers since 1997 for 16 years since Diana,Princess of Wales's passing I'm been read on Diana's life's and her biography on computer also and mores of member of British royals families..I would love have reporter of British royals somedays.

And congrats on RIF on their ten anniversary

mediastar

Thanks for the memories from forum member number one.

And congratulations to Windsor and the team for the very successful relaunch of the site two or three years ago!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Jenee

Hey, its MediaStar!! Glad to see you are still popping in from time to time :D

Windsor

And he is back!!! :happy20: Nice to see you around mediastar, you are missed!!! How have you been?  :hug:

WOW

:wooo: Hey Medistar  :yesss:

mediastar

Hey guys. Great to see you around.

I'm just back from Costa Rica where I was tempted to buy a little casita. Maybe see you there one day!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Orchid

Do you have 4 guest bedrooms for when we come to stay :P
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jenee

That's a "must" if you are planning on buying property in any tropical locale!

Windsor

WOW

mediastar

I'll see what I can do!

Are you still in New York Jen? I was in Newark for a couple of hours on the 2nd, just as it started to snow. Fortunately we got away OK.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)