Charles and Camilla's Current Events and Court Circular Entries.

Started by SophieChloe, February 02, 2020, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

Growing up kilts were a closet staple and everyone had at least two. I always loved them and am glad that even if kilts don't come back into style at least we are seeing more plaids.

Amabel2

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 12, 2021, 02:07:21 PM
Growing up kilts were a closet staple and everyone had at least two. I always loved them and am glad that even if kilts don't come back into style at least we are seeing more plaids.

were they?  I remember a relative making one for me... but I dont remember that they were fashionable (this would be around 1970 when I was a kid)...

Curryong

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 12, 2021, 02:07:21 PM

Growing up in the England of the 1950s and 60?s I can vaguely remember having a tartan pinafore dress as a small child, but that?s all. I lived in a rural county, Norfolk, and they may have been fashionable then among the women of the tweedy/horsey set, though I have to say I can?t remember it. They certainly weren?t fashionable among the teenagers/young twenties people of my generation. Jeans and Laura Ashley type skirts and dresses were worn, but not tartan.

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this morning attended the Grampian Highland Games Gathering at the Princess Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park, Broombank Terrace, Braemar, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Aberdeenshire (Mr Alexander Manson).

- Court Circular || 14 August 2021

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were represented by the Duke of Abercorn (Chancellor of the Order of the Garter) at the Memorial Service for the Marchioness of Dufferin and Ava which was held in Bangor Abbey, County Down, this morning.

- Court Circular || 15 August 2021

PrincessOfPeace

"Our planet is in crisis and, no matter where you are, no country is immune."

The Prince of Wales has written an article for the Daily Mail on the increase in extreme weather events, as a result of climate change.

An article by HRH The Prince of Wales, written for The Daily Mail, about the impact of climate change on extreme weather events | Prince of Wales

PrincessOfPeace

HRH The Prince of Wales @ClarenceHouse has written a letter of solidarity and support to Haiti's PM @DrArielHenry. The UK is supplying shelter kits and emergency lighting to those affected by the devastating earthquake, and @RoyalNavy is providing a platform for the relief effort.

https://twitter.com/MockbulAli/status/1430884861439627264?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (Duke and Duchess of Rothesay when in Scotland) visited Ballater in Scotland today.

When in Scotland! Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall don full tartan in Aberdeenshire | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay and The Duchess of Rothesay this morning visited Ballater Health Clinic, 13 Provost Craig Road, Ballater, Aberdeenshire.

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently visited Ballater Community and Heritage Hub, Albert Hall, Ballater.

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this afternoon officially reopened Cambus O'May Suspension Bridge, Cambus O'May, Ballater.

- Court Circular || 31 August 2021

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this evening held a Meeting for the Sustainable Markets Initiative via video link.

- Court Circular || 1 September 2021

TLLK

The Duchess of Cornwall meeting with women assisted by the Prince's Trust at Clarence House.

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/1433831508293341186

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall today welcomed women to Clarence House who have been supported by @PrincesTrust
, ahead of the charity?s Brilliant Breakfast campaign

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, The Parachute Regiment, this morning held a Meeting with Brigadier James Martin (Commander 16 Air Assault Brigade) via telephone.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon held a Reception at Clarence House for The Prince's Trust's Women Supporting Women ? the Brilliant Breakfast campaign.

- Court Circular || 3 September 2021

TLLK

We're at 15 plus pages and it's time to close this thread and open a new one.