Prince Harry in Afghanistan, now home!!! ~ all articles here!!!

Started by Rhiannon*, February 28, 2008, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudie

That is why I was so outraged on the Where's Harry thread. I hope Harry has either been removed to another part of the region or is coming home. EITHER WAY HE IS A HERO!!!!! :yessir: :wub2: :wub2:

rose

Quote"(The media leak) means that Prince Harry will be withdrawn from Helmand, if he has not been already."
WillyandKatyite #007 Willite #107 JeSnoRe KaBaAn M :snob:

Trudie

Stix He can now come out of your closet in Afghanistan :lmao:

MEW

Quote from: Trudie on February 28, 2008, 05:53:19 PM
That is why I was so outraged on the Where's Harry thread. I hope Harry has either been removed to another part of the region or is coming home. EITHER WAY HE IS A HERO!!!!! :yessir: :wub2: :wub2:

@Trudie :thumbsup: :yessir: Can you imagine how Chelsy feels - even if they have broken up? 

karla64

GO TO CNN   he is in Live on TV...... I wish I watch tv  I work... I can't view it..

http://www.cnn.com

Lady_In_Waiting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=522569&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

Here is another article on Harry relating his experiences. I thought to begin with they didn't have his consent now I do I'm a little more relaxed. At least I know where he is now as I didn't have a clue before. Well done to those who did know and kept it quiet. Well done to Harry for doing his bit. Respect though be careful! :unsure:

HMW

Poor Chelsy. So how much more time does he have left? A month?

I'll say this only once: he's so much better than his brother! (I know, I know, they would never let PW serve on the front line, blah blah blah - I don't think it makes much difference)

serene grace

Sweet Harry, Bless You Sweet Prince, Stay Safe. Love to Prince Harry.  :Royal:  :flower: :flower: :flower: :yessir:

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

gwendolina

I think that he is for sure home.  Those are all professional photographs.  I'm sure they made a deal with the people who took them so they wouldn't release them until he was back or on his way back.  

Getting to go to Afghanistan is great for Harry!!

Lady_In_Waiting

HMW from what I've seen of Harry and of William especially over the last year. I have to say I agree with you. He seems lovely and very down to earth. I've just watched him on the news.
BOT. The latest news is that the MOD aren't impressed that it has leaked as it was not supposed to leak. It was the New Idea magazine that leaked the news first and then it was the druge report that leaked it which set everything else off. It could well end his stint in Afganistan as it may become too dangerous, which is a real shame. So if he isn't home already he will be soon :cry:

benign

well done Harry.. you should be proud of yourself even it was a short deployment. even if it was leaked, how sure are we that he still in there?

Rhiannon*

Well if he is not coming home, or already on his way, then I'm sure they'll pull him back off the front lines and into a much safer desk job. No more machine guns for him.

I do sincerely hope that he was spared from having to witness and actively partake in violence. I know that it is a necessary (whatever that means) part of war, but the psychological damage that it inflicts is horrible. My brother-in-law served in Iraq and he has so many emotional and psychological issues now, its heartbreaking.

Dizzy13

I imagine he served 12 weeks, he must have left just after Christmas..I'm sure he's home now, I don't think he would still be there this was leaked out because the UK press leaked it out to the other int'l press agencies knowing he was home or close to coming home. The pics are staged so obviously there was a pact there to keep it secret.  I agree, if he's not home now, I'm sure they will bring him home immediately out of harms way.  This explains why we haven't seen or heard about Harry in a while.

Way to go Harry :thumbsup:....way to go to the British Army for getting him there and allowing him to fulfill his wishes and dream !  Let's hope he is home safe and we see him soon.
I'm sure if PW can he'll throw his brother a huge welcome home party!  I'm sure the entire RF is proud of him.
Be still my heart...Wills come to Canada...keep me warm on those cold winter nights!

mediastar

Harry said he left on Christmas Eve.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

lurker

I guess I'm the only one who's not happy about Harry being in Afghanistan? While I can to a certain degree understand that he wants to feel "useful", I'll never grasp how one can "wish" to participate in war. I just find it odd to see him broadly smiling, beaming with pride while his fellow soldiers go about their job. It looks like a game or adventure to him... How can you smile while you're on duty in a war zone? Sorry, but that's beyond me! I just hope he was not caught up in any actual fight and is back home safely soon.
Thomas van Straubenzee fan No. 1! :wub2:

Lady_In_Waiting

Latest news:

Harry is still there but they are not revealling his location. He looks like he's put on weight though and his hair is longer.

Lady_In_Waiting

They are showing a recent interview. In which Harry questions his treatment in the media. He says that he likes to go out just like everyone else and he doesn't see what is wrong with that and doesn't see why he has to keep being slagged off in the media. He also said he has been keeping in touch at home and Prince William sent him a letter saying how proud their mother would have been of him.

His comrades have called him a 'proper soldier' and are very proud of him.

Jupiter

well at least here's one prince who is actually doing something useful! not like a certain directionless prince who shall remain nameless...

so i guess fawbert was right. it is exactly what he said in the where is harry thread

Nighthawk

:notamused:

While the Royals gathered at Sandringham, Prince Harry played Chase the Chicken on Christmas Day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=522588&in_page_id=1770

Nighthawk

more article and my time ran out to modify
The moment Harry directed his first bomb attack on Terry Taliban for 'Kill TV'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=522572&in_page_id=1770

Prince Harry has been secretly fighting Taliban in Afghanistan for 10 weeks, admits MoD
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=522552&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Prince Harry is fighting in Afghanistan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/28/nharry1828.xml

more video
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ttv/news.jhtml?bcpid=1137942530&bclid=1155254697&bctid=1435539707

Berlin

Quote from: lurker on February 28, 2008, 06:32:11 PM
I guess I'm the only one who's not happy about Harry being in Afghanistan? While I can to a certain degree understand that he wants to feel "useful", I'll never grasp how one can "wish" to participate in war. I just find it odd to see him broadly smiling, beaming with pride while his fellow soldiers go about their job. It looks like a game or adventure to him... How can you smile while you're on duty in a war zone? Sorry, but that's beyond me! I just hope he was not caught up in any actual fight and is back home safely soon.

Well, soldiers do smile and laugh and act normal when they are in a war zone.  They are not fighting 24/7.  It is important that their morale is high.  I'm sure his demeanor is quite different when he is actually fighting.  There are soldiers in these war zones from all spectrums of life, why can't Harry be a part of that?

I pray for Harry and his comrades' safe return.  I'm glad William reminded Harry of how proud their mom would have been of him.  Go Harry!  Go soldiers!