William:Centrepoint Patron and other charities related to the homeless

Started by wannable, December 17, 2014, 12:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Great news, he has been named the royal patron, so I think he can merge Centrepoint with the Passage Charity.

William meeting beneficiaries of the Passage
Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Meeting clients and volunteers from @PassageCharity?s ?Home for Good? Programme. The programme pairs formerly-homeless

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account

The Duke of Cambridge has today become Royal Patron of The @PassageCharity, ahead of his visit today.

The Passage is the UK?s largest resource centre for homeless and insecurely housed people.

TLLK

I know that Passages was one of the homeless shelters that Diana  took her sons to visit years ago. Seems that it comes full circle now that William is the new patron.
Short video from today's visit.

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "The Duke helps serve lunch alongside Malcolm (on the right), who?s been volunteering at the @PassageCharity for 21

Princess Diana in adorable picture with young William and Harry to mark new charity role | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteWilliam has become a royal patron of The Passage today, - the UK's largest resource centre for homeless and insecurely housed people. The charity holds a special place in William's heart, as first visited the centre in 1993 with his mother, Princess Diana. The late Diana visited the charity regularly for over 25 years.William, who was just 11-years-old at the time, explained how visiting the centre made a "deep and lasting impression" on him.

Speaking at The Passage in 2016, William said: ?The visits I made as a child to this place left a deep and lasting impression upon me ? about how important it is to ensure that everyone in our society, especially the poorest, are treated with respect, dignity and kindness, and are given the opportunities to fulfil their potential in life.?

wannable

Centrepoint
‏Verified account
@centrepointuk

Today our Patron The Duke of Cambridge delivered a message to our National Conference on youth homelessness, encouraged everyone to share their knowledge & expertise and thanked them for their commitment.

Centrepoint on Twitter: "Today our Patron The Duke of Cambridge delivered a message to our National Conference on youth homelessness, encouraged

TLLK

@Princess Cassandra-Yes he only did the sleep out once AFAIK and since then has done the typical engagements that support Centrepoint- Visiting their facilities, fundraising events etc..
I am aware that he makes unannounced and private visits to the organization but I don't know if the sleepout would happen again.

Princess Cassandra

He's been involved with Centrepoint for a long time. No doubt he will involve his children when they much older.

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on April 21, 2019, 02:31:39 PM
@Princess Cassandra-I am aware that he makes unannounced and private visits to the organization but I don't know if the sleepout would happen again.

Yes, they all do IMO.  Just this past week a famous TV personality said in a BBC primetime live viewership that he was with William at the Grenfell DIY Construction think that the DOC had participated last year.  The guy mentioned this week that William since then writes letters to various Grenfell people who suffered and are with the scheme of the DIY Construction of homes and facilities.

These are the types of eye openers the public do not get to know, until someone x mentions it. 

TLLK

Twitter

Prince William will attend two events on 11/13 with one in the day and the other in the evening.

TLLK

QuoteOn 13 Nov, The Duke of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal will visit our new Apprenticeship House, which will support young people in their journey to independent living.

He will then attend our 50th Anniversary Gala #ChangeTheStory

Princess Cassandra

He has been supporting this wonderful charity for a long, long time.  They must be having success if they are continuing to build!

PrincessOfPeace

As patron, the Duke of Cambridge will mark 50 years of Centrepoint during two engagements on Wednesday 13th November. Centrepoint provides homeless young people with accommodation, health support and life skills to get them back into education, training and employment.

Since starting out in the basement of St Anne?s Church in 1969, the organisation has grown to become the UK?s leading youth homelessness charity, supporting over 9,000 homeless young people a year.

His Royal Highness?s first visit of the day will be to Centrepoint?s new Apprenticeship House, which aims to support young people in their journey to independent living.

As part of a wider ambitious programme developing modular housing solutions in London and Manchester to support young people moving on from supported accommodation and into work, the charity has transformed an existing building in south London into a seven bed shared home for young people on apprenticeship programmes. The Duke will visit the house and chat to residents before officially opening the building.

In the evening, His Royal Highness will attend the Centrepoint 50th anniversary gala at the Roundhouse alongside residents of Apprenticeship House who he met earlier in the day. The gala will promote the achievements of individuals supported by Centrepoint, highlight the issues they face and encourage supporters to help change the story for homeless young people.

At the gala, the Duke will meet young people who have been supported Centrepoint before delivering a speech.

The Duke has been Patron of Centrepoint since 2005.

wannable

I can't help but go with the fashion, because of the pictures, William has a new Burgundy sweater!!! Little by little, the shoes though.

TLLK

Great to see that the apprentices will now have an affordable housing situation in London as they complete their training.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on November 13, 2019, 01:58:45 PM
I can't help but go with the fashion, because of the pictures, William has a new Burgundy sweater!!! Little by little, the shoes though.
LOL, the shoes, indeed.

wannable

Mrs. Chris Jackson, Kate's stylist has a hand. A dashing bow tie, dark green velvet jacket, tuxedo pants with a strip, shinny black shoes. He's letting himself step slowly into fashion. 🤓🥳

TLLK

William's cousin, Princess Beatrice was also at the Centrepoint Gala tonight!

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2019, 01:38:02 AM

Video from today's visit.

Duke of Cambridge Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Homelessness Charity - YouTube

PrincessOfPeace

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2019, 03:11:23 PM

Last night our Gala raised over ?1 million!

-  Centrepoint

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on November 14, 2019, 04:36:17 AM

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2019, 03:11:23 PM

Last night our Gala raised over ?1 million!

-  Centrepoint
That is impressive! William is right to express frustration that youth homelessness is still such an issue...but it not just an issue in the UK, and it might be much worse if it weren't for organizations like Centerpoint.

TLLK